• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Has anyone checking in recently still been part of the group that received gift cards due to construction for booking by that date last spring? We booked in time and received the offer, but then had to delay our trip due to Irma. When I called Guest Services to switch the man told me that my confirmation number had not changed and I would still get the gift cards, but as my trip approaches I'm nervous, lol. Has anyone who booked under the gift card for construction offer recently received them upon arrival?
I'm booked, but our trip isn't until the beginning of May. Our number hasn't changed either and every time I've called I've made sure there's notes about it on our reservation. I planned on printing off the email as well about the gift card offer just in case.

I'm booked, but our trip isn't until the beginning of May. Our number hasn't changed either and every time I've called I've made sure there's notes about it on our reservation. I planned on printing off the email as well about the gift card offer just in case.
Ours is the beginning of May too! Less than a month now-I'm so excited :) What day do you arrive? We arrive on the 6th so I will report in how it goes. I plan to take the email too.

Ours is the beginning of May too! Less than a month now-I'm so excited :) What day do you arrive? We arrive on the 6th so I will report in how it goes. I plan to take the email too.
That's exciting! We arrive late on the 3rd and leave on the 12th. It will be DS and DD first time on a plane so it should be interesting.

Agreed, we are locked in to September, so If there's a great rate at that time for CBR, I'd love to see it!

when is the refurb? we arrive 5/10 and didn't know about this

Centertown should be completed in December 2018. So your food options are food trucks, Island Markets, Buffet Tent and Spyglass Grill over in Trinidad South.
The new Riviera Resort Tower should be completed by Fall of 2019.
The Skyliner Gondola should be completed Spring 2019.

so I just looked on the disney site - no restaurants for the month of may? are you kidding me? if you are staying early may what rate did you get?

so I just looked on the disney site - no restaurants for the month of may? are you kidding me? if you are staying early may what rate did you get?

There's no true Table Service restaurant until Centertown construction is completed sometime in December. But there is a buffet offering breakfast and dinner with some al a carte options for lunch. There is a Quick Service location near the Trinidad South Pool serving breakfast, lunch and dinner options. There are also a couple Island Markets selling grab and go stuff. And there are food trucks also.

Wow! Where on earth did you find that rate? I don't see anything like it on the WDW site...

I found a rate of $156 for a king room for my trip May 18-21, I booked it maybe the end of March. I think we may have gotten lucky though - the rates seemed much lower than what I was expecting!

. Gift cards were only offered to people who booked a long time ago, before the construction was announced, to entice people to not switch resorts
I just called and we booked in December so they said we get a 75 gift card upon check in. I'm paying 213 a night for a pirate room that sleeps 5

I just called and we booked in December so they said we get a 75 gift card upon check in. I'm paying 213 a night for a pirate room that sleeps 5

You had to book prior to March 2017 to get the $75 per night gift card. If you booked in December 2016, you're good. If you booked in December 2017 you got incorrect information.

Has anyone eaten from the Greek food truck at the resort? How was the food? Just trying to figure out my options for lunch on arrival day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter