Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Ive been noticing people commenting about housekeeping and they can skip this? How much do they give you per day? ( I need to know if its worth it or not before I spill the beans to hubby..hahaha) if its not enough I will keep it zipped..lol

thank you ! looks awesome...do they have a refill station at it for refillable mugs? oh I just remembered what else I wanted to ask..what kind of coffee machines are in the rooms at present? I always like to bring extra as Im a coffee fiend

My husband and I are both a "coffee fiends" as you say. One of the best things at CBR right now is that in the Island Markets the coffee is complimentary. And it isn't bad coffee. We just brought our travel mugs and filled up every morning!

Ive been noticing people commenting about housekeeping and they can skip this? How much do they give you per day? ( I need to know if its worth it or not before I spill the beans to hubby..hahaha) if its not enough I will keep it zipped..lol

It was $10 a day with one less day then your total stay. You let them know when you check in. I actually got in late and called them that day when I got the room ready notification and told them I wanted to not have it. Honestly though we are going again in May and I don't think I will waive it. I guess since it is an option I like someone coming in and making my bed every day. :)

My husband and I are both a "coffee fiends" as you say. One of the best things at CBR right now is that in the Island Markets the coffee is complimentary. And it isn't bad coffee. We just brought our travel mugs and filled up every morning!

It was $10 a day with one less day then your total stay. You let them know when you check in. I actually got in late and called them that day when I got the room ready notification and told them I wanted to not have it. Honestly though we are going again in May and I don't think I will waive it. I guess since it is an option I like someone coming in and making my bed every day. :)
Thank you....we are only staying 5 nights total so Im thinking $40 isnt worth my while...I will just have someone come make my bed for me..lol

We are considering a stay at CBR in mid Sept. next year. We stayed last July and got a great deal. We got the 75 gift card plus an upgraded room within close walking distance to the main pool/ food tent. I am a little concerned we will be disappointed going back. WE are planning on trying for free dining so there is no advantage over value- both get the same deal. Im sure we wont get the free upgrade this time and am worried the room might be too far from pool/food. Also we were hoping the centertown would be complete by then- doesnt sound like it will be in any better shape- we will just be paying more to stay there. Are there any advantages now I am missing? Someone mentioned a special pin offer?

What size milk do they carry in the island markets? Is it just the individual size milk's or can you get quarts or half gallons like we used to be able to get in the gift shop?

What size milk do they carry in the island markets? Is it just the individual size milk's or can you get quarts or half gallons like we used to be able to get in the gift shop?
I think someone last reported they had to hop over to Pop to get milk. I'm not sure if the markets were out or if they just didn't carry it. I had planned on picking some up there as well if they have it. If not we planned on resort hopping our first full day anyway so we'll just pick some up while we're out.

I think someone last reported they had to hop over to Pop to get milk. I'm not sure if the markets were out or if they just didn't carry it. I had planned on picking some up there as well if they have it. If not we planned on resort hopping our first full day anyway so we'll just pick some up while we're out.

As of last week they had both individual and half gallons.

We just booked for November! Pirate room with a water view for 5 nights. Can't wait - my son LOVES the pirate theme. TS was a huge mess when we were there in October; we're excited to see it now and try Spyglass.

Oh, ok that must have been a UK offer. There's been no domestic offers that offered a gift card.
Definitely a UK offer, I booked early enough for ‘free’ dining plan, photopass and $200 gift card (and I’ll pass on mousekeeping) it’s to encourage us given that we have to factor transatlantic flights into the overall cost, which is gonna add upwards of $750.
The lack of those offers is certainly enough to stop me booking a package... I always wait for the offers before booking.
If I win tonight’s lottery, that would undoubtedly change those rules of engagement, lol.

I booked a few months ago before they announced charging for parking. I will be arriving 4/25/18 my question is will I be charged for parking or are they charging everyone who booked after the announcement?

I booked a few months ago before they announced charging for parking. I will be arriving 4/25/18 my question is will I be charged for parking or are they charging everyone who booked after the announcement?

No you will not.

Do we have a date that the quick service food court will reopen? They are offering great passholder rates this summer so wondering if it would be worth it to stay here? Although it seems like if they are giving a great deal there probably is a reason why....

Do we have a date that the quick service food court will reopen? They are offering great passholder rates this summer so wondering if it would be worth it to stay here? Although it seems like if they are giving a great deal there probably is a reason why....
December for OPR,however Spyglass Grill is now open as an additional dining option.:)

I've never been to CBR, but am planning on a stay either next year or in 2020. I was reading the "what resort will you never stay at again" and was concerned to see CBR mentioned over and over. The main complaint is the fact that the resort is so spread out and it's quite a walk to wherever you want to go as well as the buses and the fact that it often takes so long just to leave the resort or get to your bus stop.
When we stay, my plan is to request Jamaica 45. It seems like the walk to Centertown isn't too bad from there. Also, there's a bus stop close. When going to the parks does this stop then stop at Aruba and leave the resort? If so, is there a good chance that the bus if full by then? There will probably be differences due to the opening of the gondola, I would think. Thanks for any info. I'm really looking forward to staying here and was sad to read all of the negative comments!

In this thread it is stated that due to construction delays the opening of the food court, full service dining and shops will be in December 2018. I have read on other sites "fall" 2018 which technically could still mean December. I am hoping it means September or October.

Hi! I watched the Tim Thacker construction update video that was posted a week or two ago, and he recommended requesting a room in Trinidad South to avoid construction noises. Is that an option if I just have a standard room booked? Are there any other buildings worth requesting to avoid a noisy room?

Hi! I watched the Tim Thacker construction update video that was posted a week or two ago, and he recommended requesting a room in Trinidad South to avoid construction noises. Is that an option if I just have a standard room booked? Are there any other buildings worth requesting to avoid a noisy room?

Trinidad South is all pirate rooms and are not considered standard. I'm think Jamaica might be good to request but from what I saw in his video (love the Trackers!) there is some Skyliner construction in the area between Aruba and Jamaica. I am unsure where to request our room location too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter