• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Has anyone had luck requesting a specific room at CBR, and getting said room? I know it's a long shot, just curious if it's worked for anyone.
HAH out of the 9 years I have been coming here I have never gotten a single request so good luck to you! For a laugh we are thinking of requesting the opposite of what we want this year just to see what happens..lol

Ok we now officially have ONE reservation for Disney at CBR! ( I knew I would get my way hehe) . Itinerary is this.. Houston to Tampa: June 2nd to 7th Florida Keys, Manatee Bay, Marathon, 7th to 12th CBR Waterview, 12-13th Holiday Inn Plant City ( 1 night )then Tampa back to Houston. We actually saved $650 by adding an extra night as the flights dropped from $1950 to $1200 if we came back the Monday! Odd how going longer can be cheaper!! 1 month, 29 days to go! wooohoo.

Has anyone had luck requesting a specific room at CBR, and getting said room? I know it's a long shot, just curious if it's worked for anyone.

The last 2 times I stayed at CBR (last was just 3 weeks ago) I faxed in a room request 3-4 days prior to arrival. I have options of exact room numbers I wanted and both times, I received the first room choice I had put down. I don't know if that was lucky or not, but it did work. It also worked at POR for my 2 trips there. I faxed in the requests myself, not TP's.

The last 2 times I stayed at CBR (last was just 3 weeks ago) I faxed in a room request 3-4 days prior to arrival. I have options of exact room numbers I wanted and both times, I received the first room choice I had put down. I don't know if that was lucky or not, but it did work. It also worked at POR for my 2 trips there. I faxed in the requests myself, not TP's.
What's the fax number? Is it directly to CBR or just the main reservation people at Disney? I'll be there in 2 weeks and I want to put in my request sooner rather than later. Thanks! :-)

What's the fax number? Is it directly to CBR or just the main reservation people at Disney? I'll be there in 2 weeks and I want to put in my request sooner rather than later. Thanks! :-)

Here is the fax # I have used:

CBR: Fax #

(407) 934-2736

I was also told many years ago that they don't start getting room assignments at the resort level until 6-7 days prior to an arrival of a reservation. With that in mind, I tried to always fax in my request about 4-5 days prior to me getting there.

Here is the template I have been using for the last 8-9 years:

Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Attn: Room Assignment Manager
Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Resort Confirmation# XXXXXXX

Hello and good day to you and your staff!

On March 7, my Family and I will be spending our bi-annual vacation in Walt Disney World at your Caribbean Beach resort. We are all looking forward to this trip from March 7 – 16, with much excitement. I have also paid extra for a “Preferred View” room. We would be most grateful if you could possibly send a little Pixie Dust our way and accommodate a room request for Martinique Building #25 perhaps a corner room, maybe either Rooms 2556, 2557 on the second floor or 2524 or 2525 on the ground floor. We really like the 2556 room. We have always wanted an upper floor, corner room, and we never seem to get lucky enough to have one to enjoy with our two children. So it would be very magical for our family to receive this pixie dusted surprise upon arrival. It would be the most magical experience to achieve that one time after all of our trips. We will be arriving at your resort in just under two weeks, and would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide in making our wonderful vacation more enjoyable and magical.

• Building requested Martinique Building #25, Rooms 2556, 2557, or 2524, Preferably room “2556”.
• Paid for Preferred Room
• Must be Second Floor please we are very sensitive sleepers and would be easily woken by passing traffic or people above us.

Sincerely,

We are here now and we were upgraded a little, we had selected a water view but I believe we got a preferred room because we are in Martinque 25, corner room, however we don't have any water view because of the trees, if you really peer you can see some water. I really like the resort! Our room is quiet, clean, and very comfortable so no c/o's at all. It is really busy in MK today but the resort itself is very nice, not tons of people so you really get a relaxed Caribbean vibe!

(407) 934-2736

I was also told many years ago that they don't start getting room assignments at the resort level until 6-7 days prior to an arrival of a reservation. With that in mind, I tried to always fax in my request about 4-5 days prior to me getting there.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

On March 7, my Family and I will be spending our bi-annual vacation in Walt Disney World at your Caribbean Beach resort. We are all looking forward to this trip from March 7 – 16, with much excitement. I have also paid extra for a “Preferred View” room. We would be most grateful if you could possibly send a little Pixie Dust our way and accommodate a room request for Martinique Building #25 perhaps a corner room, maybe either Rooms 2556, 2557 on the second floor or 2524 or 2525 on the ground floor. We really like the 2556 room. We have always wanted an upper floor, corner room, and we never seem to get lucky enough to have one to enjoy with our two children. So it would be very magical for our family to receive this pixie dusted surprise upon arrival. It would be the most magical experience to achieve that one time after all of our trips. We will be arriving at your resort in just under two weeks, and would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide in making our wonderful vacation more enjoyable and magical.

• Building requested Martinique Building #25, Rooms 2556, 2557, or 2524, Preferably room “2556”.
• Must be Second Floor please we are very sensitive sleepers and would be easily woken by passing traffic or people above us.

Sincerely,
Wow, this is helpful! Ok, I will fax something like this to them 5 days before we arrive, hopefully this doesn't only work if you book a "preferred room". Thanks so much and don't worry, I won't use the same template. ;-)

Has anyone stayed Lakeview, 2nd Floor, with a Murphy Bed, nearish to the foot bridge? If so, what was your room number please?

I noticed a Pirate Camp on the rec calendar which I believe is new. Does anyone know the price please?
Also, I have a sons who are 6 & nearly 12. The camp is for ages 4-12. I have no doubt my 6 year old will enjoy it. Do you think my 11 yr old would still enjoy it? Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Has anyone on here stayed in a pirate room recently? My son would love the theme! We're thinking about a last minute trip and all that's left are pirate rooms. But I've read the beds are really uncomfortable. Are they really that bad? We stayed here in October in one of the new queen beds and those were awesome! Just wondering how bad those foam mattresses are.

Has anyone on here stayed in a pirate room recently? My son would love the theme! We're thinking about a last minute trip and all that's left are pirate rooms. But I've read the beds are really uncomfortable. Are they really that bad? We stayed here in October in one of the new queen beds and those were awesome! Just wondering how bad those foam mattresses are.
Didnt they just replace all the mattresses? I think they did during the refurb.. possibly someone else on here can confirm that for us. Your little boy would def love the theme..I say go for it! :)

(407) 934-2736

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Sincerely,
Im going to try this..hey Ive tried everything else LOL cant hurt.. Im sure my name is blacklisted when it comes to requests..lol

We stayed at AoA on a past trip, and a few of the evenings we made pool nights I just went to the food court and ordered a large pizza that we shared. It was so nice and relaxing for us, the girls got to stay in the pool with DH till I showed up at the table with the Pie.

Wondering if this is also doable at CBR? I saw they have a pizza station in the food court but is it only individual sizes or can I get a whole pie to go?
They actually will deliver pizzas to your room. You can go off-site with delivery, but CBR has their own pizza courier.

If being close to both the food court and bus stops are important to you, which preferred location would you all suggest requesting

Considering CBR for our next trip. Are all ALL the rooms in Trinidad pirate rooms, or do they have some regular rooms mixed in also?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter