• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We check in Sunday. I am supposed to be able to go straight to my room but I want to stop by the desk to pick up a birthday button for my daughter. I am so wondering if I can ask right then if they have any rooms in Jamaica available, that's what I originally wanted to request but due to the bridge I ended up requesting Martinique. Honestly I don't really care where I can and I'll walk the resort anyhow. I'm just curious.

You sure can!

We check in Sunday. I am supposed to be able to go straight to my room but I want to stop by the desk to pick up a birthday button for my daughter. I am so wondering if I can ask right then if they have any rooms in Jamaica available, that's what I originally wanted to request but due to the bridge I ended up requesting Martinique. Honestly I don't really care where I can and I'll walk the resort anyhow. I'm just curious.
We check in monday and we are supposed to be able to go straight to our room as well. Here's to hoping we both get Jamaica, 2nd floor, near to the bridge. pixiedust:

It won't hurt to try. They usually assign rooms 2-3 days out, but again it won't hurt anything to try.
I might do that then, thanks....my only worry is that with my luck, the bridge wont actually be open yet. Or it will be open now but closed again by the time I get there. That's the way my luck usually goes. Haha!

We stayed at CBR from 10/28-11/6. It was such a great stay!! We loved the updated rooms. The doors separating the room from the bathroom area are so much nicer than the curtains.

We did online check-in and received an email that our room was ready quite a while before our arrival time. It was so easy to go straight to our room upon arrival rather than going to custom house. I really like this new option!

Halloween night at the resort was a blast! The kids were able to go trick or treating, make crafts, and participate in fun games with the CMs.

We chose to eat at Shutters for the first time on this trip. It was an excellent meal. So much so that we ate there again toward the end of our stay. We had the steak, ribeye, and surf and turf. Very pleased with this restaurant and these meals!!

We chose to add one night to the end of our stay. CBR was booked and so we had to transfer to POR for that one last night. While POR is a very pretty resort, I don't think I would ever want to stay there again. There were a few things we didn't care for. We really missed CBR that last night! :(

We have now been back for almost a week and we are really missing our exhausting but super fun and exciting Disney vacation and "home"! Can't wait to be back!!!

Do they have Powerade for the refillables? Can't see it in the pics but they had it at ASMusic back in 2011 and it was our son's drink of choice.:drinking1

Great thread! We're checking in on Sat, arriving on ME. My sister is coming to visit us on Tuesday. Will she be able to park at the resort?

Bridge is open and looks great! We are very impressed with our first stay here so far, even though we haven't actually slept yet. Our check in was great and my boys walked away with buttons, stickers, swords and eye patches (this includes my two sons and my husband...it's his birthday trip)!

Crowds weren't terrible IMO. We were at MK from 10-3:30 and rode Space Mountain, Big Thunder (both of these with rider swap and fast pass), Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Philharmagic, People Mover, Mermaid and Buzz :)

Can anyone tell me if you can purchase cream cheese at Calypso? I forgot to place an order w/ Garden Grocer and now they can't deliver till Monday.

Great thread! We're checking in on Sat, arriving on ME. My sister is coming to visit us on Tuesday. Will she be able to park at the resort?

Yup. Just have her tell the guard she's there to visit you.

Can anyone tell me if you can purchase cream cheese at Calypso? I forgot to place an order w/ Garden Grocer and now they can't deliver till Monday.

Yup.

We stayed at CBR from 10/28-11/6. It was such a great stay!! We loved the updated rooms. The doors separating the room from the bathroom area are so much nicer than the curtains.

We did online check-in and received an email that our room was ready quite a while before our arrival time. It was so easy to go straight to our room upon arrival rather than going to custom house. I really like this new option!

Halloween night at the resort was a blast! The kids were able to go trick or treating, make crafts, and participate in fun games with the CMs.

We chose to eat at Shutters for the first time on this trip. It was an excellent meal. So much so that we ate there again toward the end of our stay. We had the steak, ribeye, and surf and turf. Very pleased with this restaurant and these meals!!

We chose to add one night to the end of our stay. CBR was booked and so we had to transfer to POR for that one last night. While POR is a very pretty resort, I don't think I would ever want to stay there again. There were a few things we didn't care for. We really missed CBR that last night! :(

We have now been back for almost a week and we are really missing our exhausting but super fun and exciting Disney vacation and "home"! Can't wait to be back!!!
So glad you enjoyed your trip!

Can I ask what was it about POR that didn't jive with you? We have thought of staying there but we totally love CBR, like a lot.

So glad you enjoyed your trip!

Can I ask what was it about POR that didn't jive with you? We have thought of staying there but we totally love CBR, like a lot.

CBR is spread out in a circle around the lake. It seems very easy to find your way around. When we went to POR, it was more difficult to find our way. It almost felt like we were walking through a maze. Plus, We were put in a building that was furthest from the food court and boat dock. We don't ever mind walking; we actually enjoy it. However, the walk from Bldg 24 at POR to the food court was just a little too much.
Also, the new room refurb at CBR is great. Alligator Bayou at POR seemed old. We didn't like the curtain separating the bath area from the room. And the style just isn't really our thing.
On a positive note, if you don't have a family of 5, the mansions are gorgeous. The exterior of POR truly is beautiful but again, it just isn't really our style. I prefer palm trees and a tropical feel to my vacation. :)

CBR is spread out in a circle around the lake. It seems very easy to find your way around. When we went to POR, it was more difficult to find our way. It almost felt like we were walking through a maze. Plus, We were put in a building that was furthest from the food court and boat dock. We don't ever mind walking; we actually enjoy it. However, the walk from Bldg 24 at POR to the food court was just a little too much.
Also, the new room refurb at CBR is great. Alligator Bayou at POR seemed old. We didn't like the curtain separating the bath area from the room. And the style just isn't really our thing.
On a positive note, if you don't have a family of 5, the mansions are gorgeous. The exterior of POR truly is beautiful but again, it just isn't really our style. I prefer palm trees and a tropical feel to my vacation. :)
I totally agree about POR. We stayed there twice and both times for 10+ days and we were still getting lost every time we walked to our room. It is just set up weird. Did love the food court and boat to DTD. cant wait to try CBR for the first time in 4 days!!

Wanted to see if anyone had a similar situation to what we had checking in today. Received the email saying we may get a text to go straight to our room. Got to the resort around 3:45 today and never got a text. Went to check in and after several minutes of waiting the CM asked if we would accept a complimentary upgrade...to the Grand Floridian! Um, I guess that will work! It threw us for a loop since for 6+ months we had been planning for CBR, but we'll take it. Spent the rest of the evening acquainting ourselves with the resort. Looking forward to a great week!

Wanted to see if anyone had a similar situation to what we had checking in today. Received the email saying we may get a text to go straight to our room. Got to the resort around 3:45 today and never got a text. Went to check in and after several minutes of waiting the CM asked if we would accept a complimentary upgrade...to the Grand Floridian! Um, I guess that will work! It threw us for a loop since for 6+ months we had been planning for CBR, but we'll take it. Spent the rest of the evening acquainting ourselves with the resort. Looking forward to a great week!
What??? What an upgrade!! I'm looking forward to CBR, but that would be awesome!! Enjoy!!!

WOW! An upgrade to a totally different resort? Didn't even know that was possible! Talk about an upgrade - to a deluxe! Let us know how you like it over there! That would have thrown me for a loop.

Wow - congrats on the upgrade! Did they say why they were doing that? Was CBR overbooked? I've heard of being moved to preferred rooms or water views but never from one category to another (Mod to deluxe). We can only hope..... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter