• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks, Dansdad. This is very helpful.

FYI.

Just because you do online check in does not guarantee you'll be able to go straight to your room or straight to a park. After completing Online Check In you will have one of the following 3 experiences:

Bypass The Front Desk - You will receive an email about 5-14 days before your arrival saying Congratulations, you will be able to Bypass The Front Desk. When you arrive on property, you will get a text. If you room is ready, the text will have your room number. If it's not ready, the text will say so and then say you will receive another text once your room is ready. Either way you can now head to the parks if you want.

Streamlined Check In - Once completing Online Check In you will receive a pop-up stating you will be able to participate in the Streamline Check In process. Once you arrive at CBR, you will proceed to the Streamlined Check In Kiosk and hand the CM there your ID. They will check your ID and if your room is ready, they will give you your room number. If it's not ready, you will receive a text with your room number when it is. You can now head to the parks.

Online Check In - If do not receive the Bypass the Front Desk email nor the Streamlined Check In pop-up, when you arrive at CBR head to the Online Check In desk to the right of the normal check in desk. The CM there will check your ID and if your room is ready they will give you your room number. If it's not, you will receive a text with your room number when it is ready. You can now head to the parks.

Nobody has been able to figure out how they decide who gets to do what. We were traveling together with another family, on the same plane, on the same ME bus, same packages, etc and we were able to Bypass The Front Desk and they did the Streamlined Check In.[/QUOTE]

I received the bypass front desk email the other day, so this means on Sunday I can skip going to the resort and head straight to the parks? Meal plan will be activated and everything? I know it said I could in the email I just want to make sure it really works that way.

Yes, it really works that way!

Okay, I read and missed this info.. I saw the pictures of the rooms.. but are the beds now queen or are they still full sized? TIA!

Yes, it really works that way!
I got a similar email, only it say "you may be able to skip the front desk when you arrive". Like they aren't really committing to it. lol! Is that the email you are referring to? It says later in the email to make sure you've provided the info such as phone #, credit card for charging, and arrival/departure times.

Can I do online check in if I don't want to put a cc on file. I have 6 of us checking in 3 rooms, I have put my cc number in on my profile, but when I go to one of the others it has my cc and I don't want everyone on mine.

I got a similar email, only it say "you may be able to skip the front desk when you arrive". Like they aren't really committing to it. lol! Is that the email you are referring to? It says later in the email to make sure you've provided the info such as phone #, credit card for charging, and arrival/departure times.

Yup, that's the one.

Can I do online check in if I don't want to put a cc on file. I have 6 of us checking in 3 rooms, I have put my cc number in on my profile, but when I go to one of the others it has my cc and I don't want everyone on mine.
From memory, if you take your cc out of your profile, you can then complete the other rooms either without a card or with a different card. Then when you're done put your cc back into your profile.

Question about the rooms with the Murphy bed... If we have a group of 4 adults and a 2 year old, can we count on being in a room for 5? Or is it possible to be put in a room for 4 since the toddler technically isn't a paying guest.

We are here now. We love this resort. We are in Jamaica building 43. The bridge is opening tomorrow at 300pm. I ordered a cake for my husband's bday and it was delivered to the room. We were at animal kingdom today and it was decorated for Christmas already. Heading to MK for the parade taping and we ate doing something we've never done before be there at park opening. Plus we have already gotten a lot of magic shots for our memory maker already.

Let me know of I can answer any questions. I'll try to post tomorrow again.

We are here now. We love this resort. We are in Jamaica building 43. The bridge is opening tomorrow at 300pm. I ordered a cake for my husband's bday and it was delivered to the room. We were at animal kingdom today and it was decorated for Christmas already. Heading to MK for the parade taping and we ate doing something we've never done before be there at park opening. Plus we have already gotten a lot of magic shots for our memory maker already.

Let me know of I can answer any questions. I'll try to post tomorrow again.

Thank you for the update. We check in next week and I was hoping the bridge would be opened.

Checked in and didn't get any of the request from our Touring Plans fax. 2nd floor, in Jamaica. We had requested Martinique and 1st floor. No big deal, we're at Disney! Haven't checked but we were told bridge is open (as of about an hour ago).

Thank you for the update. We check in next week and I was hoping the bridge would be opened.
Same here! But now I'm tempted to call and change what I had them put on my reservation...I told them to put close to OPR and transportation, second floor. I was thinking Barbardos when I had them put that, since the bridge was going to be out. But now, with the bridge open, I'd love to be in Jamaica and cross over to OPR using that. I have heard the walk is very pretty and it sounds similar to when you are at POR and you walk from the mansion rooms to the food court, which we thought was a great walk and very peaceful. I guess 3 days out is too late to call and change anything, huh?

Same here! But now I'm tempted to call and change what I had them put on my reservation...I told them to put close to OPR and transportation, second floor. I was thinking Barbardos when I had them put that, since the bridge was going to be out. But now, with the bridge open, I'd love to be in Jamaica and cross over to OPR using that. I have heard the walk is very pretty and it sounds similar to when you are at POR and you walk from the mansion rooms to the food court, which we thought was a great walk and very peaceful. I guess 3 days out is too late to call and change anything, huh?

It won't hurt to try. They usually assign rooms 2-3 days out, but again it won't hurt anything to try.

We check in Sunday. I am supposed to be able to go straight to my room but I want to stop by the desk to pick up a birthday button for my daughter. I am so wondering if I can ask right then if they have any rooms in Jamaica available, that's what I originally wanted to request but due to the bridge I ended up requesting Martinique. Honestly I don't really care where I can and I'll walk the resort anyhow. I'm just curious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter