Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Wow, lots of changes at CBR since my last stay, just two years ago. We're planning a trip for February 2020, and I'd like to reserve a room pretty soon, to get ahead of the influx for Star Wars. I see that Barbados is in the old Trinidad North, and Trinidad South is now Trinidad. Can someone clarify what the preferred rooms are (what it means to get "preferred room"), and where they are located? DH and I are wanting a king bed, so will that impact where our location could be? Thanks!

Anyone use Amazon Prime Now for grocery deliver to CBR? If so anyone know what address to put in? I can put in the zip code (32830) and add stuff to the cart but I tried to put the address google gave me (1114 Cayman Way) but amazon said there was a problem with the address. I am a few weeks out but was trying to figure out how to do it and to start a cart early.

Yes, was just there and used it. Try 900 Cayman Way instead. That's the old address but still works. We couldn't get 1114 to work either. Everything was delivered without a problem.

I see that Barbados is in the old Trinidad North, and Trinidad South is now Trinidad. Can someone clarify what the preferred rooms are (what it means to get "preferred room"),

Preferred at all WDW resorts refer to location, close to Food Court and Main Feature Pool.

And where they are located?

All the Preferred View rooms are in Martinique and Barbados.

DH and I are wanting a king bed, so will that impact where our location could be? Thanks!

Every building except the Pirate Themed rooms in Trinidad have King rooms. So you could get a King room right next to a Preferred View room in Martinique or Barbados. People get confused and think buildings are classified as Preferred and they are not, rooms are. So Martinique and Barbados have Preferred View, Water View and King rooms. Jamaica and Aruba have Standard View, Water View and King rooms.

Oh and in case you didn't know, King rooms are a bookable category and not a request.

Yes, was just there and used it. Try 900 Cayman Way instead. That's the old address but still works. We couldn't get 1114 to work either. Everything was delivered without a problem.

Awesome thanks. How was the delivery process handled? were you required to be present when the delivery showed up at the resort/room? Did they deliver to your room or up front?

Awesome thanks. How was the delivery process handled? were you required to be present when the delivery showed up at the resort/room? Did they deliver to your room or up front?

They delivered at Old Port Royale. If you order alcohol you need to be present to show your ID (they tell you when they're on their way). If you don't order alcohol, you don't have to be there and they will hold it for you at OPR. Be aware you may be charged a $5 delivery fee by CBR. I hear this is hit and miss but it is official policy.

I'm not the one your directing your question at, but I can tell you that we used 900 Caymen Way over New years and picked up the order from Bell Services ourselves. We were not there when it was delivered, we went up at our earliest convenience and asked at the outside bell services window and they brought it to us.

We have used Prime Now for multiple trips at multiple resorts and it always worked fine, but I will say that more than once Amazon didn't put our name on the order and Bell Services had to do some sleuthing to find it. We always got it, and never had a big problem or had it take a long time, but it's just odd. I think part of how they found it without our name is that they aren't getting too many orders that they have many at the same time, so not that much to look through. Despite that we think it is a great service and will continue to use it, it's great to have things show up within a few hours!

They delivered at Old Port Royale. If you order alcohol you need to be present to show your ID (they tell you when they're on their way). If you don't order alcohol, you don't have to be there and they will hold it for you at OPR. Be aware you may be charged a $5 delivery fee by CBR. I hear this is hit and miss but it is official policy.

I'm not the one your directing your question at, but I can tell you that we used 900 Caymen Way over New years and picked up the order from Bell Services ourselves. We were not there when it was delivered, we went up at our earliest convenience and asked at the outside bell services window and they brought it to us.

We have used Prime Now for multiple trips at multiple resorts and it always worked fine, but I will say that more than once Amazon didn't put our name on the order and Bell Services had to do some sleuthing to find it. We always got it, and never had a big problem or had it take a long time, but it's just odd. I think part of how they found it without our name is that they aren't getting too many orders that they have many at the same time, so not that much to look through. Despite that we think it is a great service and will continue to use it, it's great to have things show up within a few hours!

Thank you both, appreciate the info. Trying to avoid having to stop on the way down or haul everything in the car.

Hi guys...I just stopped by to hope my CBR peeps are all doing well. I usually join you this time of year but alas this is the first time in 15 years we will not be going to CBR. We FINALLY decided to change it up and stick to it. Usually we look at all the resorts, talk about it then book CBR...not this time! Im not sure whether to be worried or excited.lol I will really miss my CBR something awful. This year we are doing 3 nights AOA ( with 3 free nights on Disneys dime..we had a bad experience in September at the Halloween party with a room at ASMu) then 4 nights AKL Savannah room. Anyhoo..I will still pop in from time to time. Hugs to you all.

Hi guys...I just stopped by to hope my CBR peeps are all doing well. I usually join you this time of year but alas this is the first time in 15 years we will not be going to CBR. We FINALLY decided to change it up and stick to it. Usually we look at all the resorts, talk about it then book CBR...not this time! Im not sure whether to be worried or excited.lol I will really miss my CBR something awful. This year we are doing 3 nights AOA ( with 3 free nights on Disneys dime..we had a bad experience in September at the Halloween party with a room at ASMu) then 4 nights AKL Savannah room. Anyhoo..I will still pop in from time to time. Hugs to you all.

I think my first choice after CBR would be AKL. I've never stayed there, but have visited family staying there a couple times. They go a few times a year and refuse to stay anywhere else.

I think my first choice after CBR would be AKL. I've never stayed there, but have visited family staying there a couple times. They go a few times a year and refuse to stay anywhere else.

I am so torn right now... I have a standard room booked at AKL for the pre-cruise part of my birthday trip... But I could save around $100+ if I changed to standard at CBR (I live in NYC so “the walk” does not bother me)... Gah!

I am so torn right now... I have a standard room booked at AKL for the pre-cruise part of my birthday trip... But I could save around $100+ if I changed to standard at CBR (I live in NYC so “the walk” does not bother me)... Gah!

We really like AKL far better than CBR. The rooms seemed bigger, beds more comfortable, and having a balcony was nice. We also booked standard last Summer and ended up with a "partial savannah view" and had animals outside at all times. My kids, however, said that they prefer the pool at CBR over AKL.

We really like AKL far better than CBR. The rooms seemed bigger, beds more comfortable, and having a balcony was nice. We also booked standard last Summer and ended up with a "partial savannah view" and had animals outside at all times. My kids, however, said that they prefer the pool at CBR over AKL.

Solo adult. :)

Pool is a non-issue as I don’t do pools. They gross me out.

I would keep AKL myself, sitting on the balcony is enjoyable to me (and hopefully you could get a partial savannah view), and I just like the rooms better and prefer the interior hallways. I still enjoy moderates, but given the choice will always take a deluxe. Being solo I just see the night seem so much more relaxed and upscale at AKL than CBR. I have noticed that when I book something that is more expensive but more desirable, and then find a less expensive option that would make me have to make compromises, I almost always end up keeping the initial option ::yes::.

Silly question. All walk in showers are first floor right(I booked a roll in shower room). I am coming up to my requests and just want to see if I have to request first floor or if I can use my request on something else.

Silly question. All walk in showers are first floor right(I booked a roll in shower room). I am coming up to my requests and just want to see if I have to request first floor or if I can use my request on something else.

I don't know for certain, but there are no elevators at this resort, so I can't imagine that they would put accessible/roll shower rooms on the 2nd floor. I would use the request for something else.

Update! All changed to CBR!! I did the math again, and it was actually $336 less to switch!!! Emailed my TA figuring if they were gone, I had a great stay at AKL but if they were not I could do a great excursion on the cruise. Did not expect to hear back from her today, but I did and she moved me!! :) (Countdown banner to be changed after I get home from Aladdin!)

Some of the admins on the Facebook Caribbean Beach resort page are suggesting you leave 1 and a half hour to travel somewhere via Disney transportation. Is that accurate. It seems a bit excessive to me. For example, If I have an 8:15 am pre-park opening breakfast adr do I really need to be waiting at 6:45am? I was estimating 45 minutes to an hour.

Some of the admins on the Facebook Caribbean Beach resort page are suggesting you leave 1 and a half hour to travel somewhere via Disney transportation. Is that accurate. It seems a bit excessive to me. For example, If I have an 8:15 am pre-park opening breakfast adr do I really need to be waiting at 6:45am? I was estimating 45 minutes to an hour.

We are at the bus stop an hour before any pre-park opening ADRs and have never been less than 10 minutes early, usually 20-25.

It's no different than arriving at the airport. It is suggested to be there 2 hours prior to insure you do not miss your flight although, if all goes as planned, you will get to your gate with 1.5 hours to spare. 90 minutes is excessive but it covers all possible scenarios to insure you make your ADR... In most cases you can cut that time in half knowing, if something goes amiss, it is your fault. Or just Uber!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter