Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Staying for one night on Monday, Feb. 18 (Vet's Day). Going to park hop that day starting at DHS and ending at Epcot (b/c they are the only park open till 9 pm that day, at least as of now), then going from Epcot to Disney Springs for after hours.

We will be getting to the resort way early (9-10 am). I already checked in online but obviously room won't be ready then.

Most likely it won't be, but we have had our room ready before 9AM 3 times now. So you never know.

I'm assuming I can still park at the resort at take bus transport though, right?

Definitely.

For transportation options, should we...
  • Take bus to DHS, then to Epcot, then monorail from Epcot to MK and back to Epcot, then bus to Disney Springs, then bus back to CBR
  • Drive to DHS then to Epcot, then monorail from Epcot to MK and back to Epcot, then car to Disney Springs
  • Take Disney buses/transport to all our parks/DS, then ultimately back to CBR.
Any other suggestions/combos? Considered Uber but not worth it IMO since we're already paying for parking anyways. And NO WAY am I parking at the TTC so to get to MK it's monorail, Disney transport, or nothing ha.

What I would do and have done in the past.

Bus from CBR to DHS.
Bus from DHS to CR then walk to MK
Monorail from MK to Epcot
Walk out the International Gateway of Epcot to Beach Club then bus to Disney Springs

Does anyone know for mermaid school can you just sign up when you get to the resort? It’s not one of the things to book on the phone in advance-correct? I just want to make sure I do the right thing!!

We just booked three nights here for January 31-February 3 and I’m feeling a little nervous about it now. We’ve never stayed before and all of the reviews I’ve read say how awful the rooms are and outdated. We booked a king room. Can someone convince me we made the right choice?

The rooms were updated in 2015 so I'm not sure where that part is coming from... see page #1 for room photos.

We just booked three nights here for January 31-February 3 and I’m feeling a little nervous about it now. We’ve never stayed before and all of the reviews I’ve read say how awful the rooms are and outdated. We booked a king room. Can someone convince me we made the right choice?

You made an excellent choice. If you're reading those reviews off of Trip Advisor, they are terrible for every WDW resort. CBR is our favorite Moderate and 2nd favorite resort in all of WDW. It's beautiful.

The rooms were updated in 2015 so I'm not sure where that part is coming from... see page #1 for room photos.
Lots of reviews on TripAdvisor in the last month say the rooms smells of mildew and construction noise is terrible. I thought most of the construction was finished now

You made an excellent choice. If you're reading those reviews off of Trip Advisor, they are terrible for every WDW resort. CBR is our favorite Moderate and 2nd favorite resort in all of WDW. It's beautiful.
Why do so many of them say the rooms are mildewy and out of date? That just bothers me. A lot of them complain about construction noise too but I thought most of the construction was done now

Why do so many of them say the rooms are mildewy and out of date?

I have no idea. We've had 84 nights at CBR and never had a room with mildew at CBR. We have at a couple other WDW resorts, but never CBR. No clue about out of date either. We love the new look of the rooms.

That just bothers me. A lot of them complain about construction noise too but I thought most of the construction was done now

All CBR construction was completed in October.

I have no idea. We've had 84 nights at CBR and never had a room with mildew at CBR. We have at a couple other WDW resorts, but never CBR. No clue about out of date either. We love the new look of the rooms.

All CBR construction was completed in October.
Thanks for reassuring me about the rooms! I’m sure we’ll be fine.

Are they building a new dvc resort?

What I would do and have done in the past.

Bus from CBR to DHS.
Bus from DHS to CR then walk to MK
Monorail from MK to Epcot
Walk out the International Gateway of Epcot to Beach Club then bus to Disney Springs
Ahhh thanks for the suggestion. Don't know why I didn't think about bussing to CR then walking over. Imagine that is way less hectic than dealing with the direct MK busses.

Would love it if the room is ready when we get there but of course I'm not sweating it. I did indicate the 10 am arrival time when I checked in so who knows!

We stayed there last week and loved the resort! We will book there again the future. Our room was in Aruba but we never heard any construction noise. There is still a small construction area in front of bell services though. The room did have a minor mildew smell when we first walked in but after the AC ran I never noticed it again. Yes, the rooms can use some TLC but for the discounted rate we booked at - I’m not complaining. The staff were helpful and friendly and the grounds were lovely.

The new DVC property is between Martinique and Aruba and will feature a rooftop restaurant with Fireworks Views and also a Skyliner Station.:)

Also,when DRR is completed,the walkway around Barefoot Bay will once again be open.:)

People were complaining about the construction noise from the dvc resort

Second floor or first?
Do either have a little patio/balcony or outside area with a chair ?
So if littles crash early I can sit right outside door and enjoy a nice glass of something ha ha

We are arriving 2 weeks from today! Really looking forward to see all the upgrades. Does anyone know what time the buses usually start running in the morning? We have an early ADR at Chef Mickeys one day and I wasn't sure if we could take a bus to MK or if I need to get an Uber. Thanks for any tips.

Second floor or first?
Do either have a little patio/balcony or outside area with a chair ?
So if littles crash early I can sit right outside door and enjoy a nice glass of something ha ha

No chair outside, but you can bring one out from the room. There is room to do so outside the door without blocking the walkway. Now that we're without a stroller we prefer 2nd floor, but when we still used one we preferred 1st floor to avoid lugging it, and our sleeping son, up the stairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter