Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

First time staying at CBR in Sept. I'm getting the $75 giftcard/night for 6 nights. If free dining comes out during my dates, will I get that too? I did read on another website that some cast members are telling future guests that they will receive the free dining along with the $75/night.

First time staying at CBR in Sept. I'm getting the $75 giftcard/night for 6 nights. If free dining comes out during my dates, will I get that too? I did read on another website that some cast members are telling future guests that they will receive the free dining along with the $75/night.

I would say no one knows for sure. They may not have any rooms available for the free dining promo, if it is indeed released this year. At this point, any future offers are all just guesses. You certainly might, just be prepared if it is not available.

Hi everybody!!
The time has come and in one week from today we will be at the CBR!!!

Have they started preparations for the upcoming closures?
What I mean by preparations is setting up the tents, building up the construction walls, moving in the cranes, etc.
I remember @dansdad mentioned that one CM, friend of him from the CBR, said preparations were due to start around the last week of March.

Thank You very much and best regards!!!

A few minutes ago I just received another "Thank you for booking at WDW Resort" email for our stay at CBR with today as the booking date. I booked our stay 3+weeks ago and did not make any changes to our reservation. The confirmation number is the same as well as our deposit amount received in both emails. The only thing that I noticed that is different between the first booking email and the one I just received tonight are letters & numbers under "Important Notes." Has anyone else received another booking email? Is it normal to receive more than one?

I did too...although the only thing I see under "Important Notes" is the reminder about booking your ADRs in advance. I don't see anything else.

I will advise anyone who moved resorts, to keep an eye on your reservation in the My Disney Experience. My Mom's room was switched too and the next day, her entire reservation disappeared. It took many hours of working it out to get everything back in properly. The CM said that the system had "automatically deleted" her reservation because she didn't make her deposit. However, she had made her deposit a few months back when she originally booked at CBR and they could see that she had the credit. Very strange and a complete pita to get it all worked out. Such a time suckage...

Have a happy day folks!

Ditto just got an additional confirmation email this afternoon despite not touching the reservation. I will be watching mine like a hawk.

Ditto just got an additional confirmation email this afternoon despite not touching the reservation. I will be watching mine like a hawk.

I booked 2 rooms earlier this week; one for us and one for my parents. They don't have their own MDE and I booked them with the AP discount. But my mom's name is on the one, mine on the other...same email. I got one email in regard to my parents' room reservation it came like a half hour after I had booked it; no other email in regard to our reservation. It definitely seems pretty sporadic and random!

[QUOTE=" As a result of the dining and marketplace closures in May, Guests staying at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will receive a $75 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of their stay, issued at check-in beginning May 1, 2017. [/QUOTE]

This refurbishment message is quite different than what was stated in the email communication I received about the refurb just 3 days ago (below); we arrive on 4/22. It seems that the resort should honor the $75/night gift card offer made to guests before they decided to change their message about the refurb yet again. I know none of us will know the result until guests who actually received this communication start checking in before 5/1. But just on speculation, what do you think will happen?

Thank you for choosing the Walt Disney World® Resort as your vacation destination! The future of Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort is being reimagined. While we recognize this will cause a degree of disruption to your stay, we are making every effort to ensure that your visit to Walt Disney World is magical.
As shared previously, please be aware that Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Banana Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post will be closed for refurbishment during your visit. There will be a variety of dining options available to you for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
7GsJhxBBy0MB65f-Pc7ao62_IrAG9MUTKvC9Y0pRpGztAQTz1J9Iwk8KVSxLt0QRP828PNIkKb_LN1qI7zg0DZw7=s0-d-e1-ft
Centertown, a dining location, will serve a Caribbean-style buffet for breakfast and a la carte dinner offerings.

7GsJhxBBy0MB65f-Pc7ao62_IrAG9MUTKvC9Y0pRpGztAQTz1J9Iwk8KVSxLt0QRP828PNIkKb_LN1qI7zg0DZw7=s0-d-e1-ft
A selection of grab-and-go meals will be conveniently available for purchase throughout the day in three new island markets located in the Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique regions of the Resort.

In-room dining will remain available. The menu includes pizza, sandwiches and pasta.

Disney dining plans will be accepted for these offerings.

Dining locations will make every effort to assist you with your dietary needs.

Additionally, you will still be able to make a splash at our feature pool—Fuentes del Morro Pool—or at one of our leisure pools during your stay.
Please note that noise will be heard while our Resort is being reimagined, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am daily.
As a thank you for your continued patronage, you will be receiving a $75 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of your stay upon check-in at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. If you were previously offered a $25 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of your stay, this will replace that offer.

I booked 2 rooms earlier this week; one for us and one for my parents. They don't have their own MDE and I booked them with the AP discount. But my mom's name is on the one, mine on the other...same email. I got one email in regard to my parents' room reservation it came like a half hour after I had booked it; no other email in regard to our reservation. It definitely seems pretty sporadic and random!

I switched from CBR to POR and was told I would get an email confirming the switch (and confirming the fact that it was for the same price within 48 hours.

That was last Friday night.

I sent an email on Monday morning, asking to simply please send me a confirmation that lists our balance due, as that amount isn't viewable online when you book room only. I'm still waiting for an email. I can see that the reservation was changed on MDE, but DH and I would feel more comfortable with something confirming that we got POR for the same rate as we'd paid for CBR! I'm assuming it's just because they're swamped, but I really am hoping to avoid having to call and wait on hold again.

I switched from CBR to POR and was told I would get an email confirming the switch (and confirming the fact that it was for the same price within 48 hours.

That was last Friday night.

I sent an email on Monday morning, asking to simply please send me a confirmation that lists our balance due, as that amount isn't viewable online when you book room only. I'm still waiting for an email. I can see that the reservation was changed on MDE, but DH and I would feel more comfortable with something confirming that we got POR for the same rate as we'd paid for CBR! I'm assuming it's just because they're swamped, but I really am hoping to avoid having to call and wait on hold again.

I never received my reservation confirmation email either :confused3

ETA, I never received my initial reservation confirmation email until a week after I booked.

Last edited:
[QUOTE=" As a result of the dining and marketplace closures in May, Guests staying at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will receive a $75 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of their stay, issued at check-in beginning May 1, 2017.

This refurbishment message is quite different than what was stated in the email communication I received about the refurb just 3 days ago (below); we arrive on 4/22. It seems that the resort should honor the $75/night gift card offer made to guests before they decided to change their message about the refurb yet again. I know none of us will know the result until guests who actually received this communication start checking in before 5/1. But just on speculation, what do you think will happen?[/QUOTE]

I am bringing the email that I received that has my reservation number and check in date in the text of the email just in case I have a hard time getting the gift card. It will be interesting to see what happens. I check in on 4/19. I wonder what the earliest check in date is that folks have received the email regarding the gift card.

This refurbishment message is quite different than what was stated in the email communication I received about the refurb just 3 days ago (below); we arrive on 4/22. It seems that the resort should honor the $75/night gift card offer made to guests before they decided to change their message about the refurb yet again. I know none of us will know the result until guests who actually received this communication start checking in before 5/1. But just on speculation, what do you think will happen?

I am bringing the email that I received that has my reservation number and check in date in the text of the email just in case I have a hard time getting the gift card. It will be interesting to see what happens. I check in on 4/19. I wonder what the earliest check in date is that folks have received the email regarding the gift card.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I check in on 4/19 as well, however I have no received any emails at all. I've received zero contact from Disney besides the contact I've made myself. What is your check out date if you don't mind me asking?

I also was switched to POR to a preferred room. Got email confirmation with same price as CBR. Got it about an hour after I got off the phone

We check out on 4/29. When do you check out? I received both the $25 email and the $75 email

We check out on 4/29. When do you check out? I received both the $25 email and the $75 email

I check in 4/22 and check out 4/29 and also received both the $25 and $75 gift card emails. All of us who are staying at the same time should organize a DIS meet at the resort :)

Hi everybody!!
The time has come and in one week from today we will be at the CBR!!!

Have they started preparations for the upcoming closures?
What I mean by preparations is setting up the tents, building up the construction walls, moving in the cranes, etc.
I remember @dansdad mentioned that one CM, friend of him from the CBR, said preparations were due to start around the last week of March.

Thank You very much and best regards!!!
I just got here today! While I haven't been able to do a ton of exploring yet, I haven't seen tents or anything.

Oh, and @dansdad and others who helped me - I requested a set of touring plans selected rooms in Jamaica 45 on the second floor that were theoretically standard view rooms but still with a water view. Got Aruba 51, first floor, partial water view, so I'll take it. I mentioned in my fax that we didn't want to be by a dsa due to a respiratory condition, and it doesn't appear that we face out onto one so that's good. We do appear to be in a wheelchair accessible room, though we didn't request/need that.

I am also curious about what the earliest April reservation is that got notification of compensation. We're checking in 4/2 - 4/6. I can't believe all of the rigamarole that some of you have had to go through. We're going to stay positive... if we get gift cards, bonus! If not... it's Disney! Like pizza, when it's bad, it's still pretty darn good.

I had the same question. My travel agent read the small print to me regarding the gift card. It was something along the lines of additional discounts can be applied without affecting the $75 a night gift card. Whoo Hoo!!!:cool1:

I just got here today! While I haven't been able to do a ton of exploring yet, I haven't seen tents or anything.

Oh, and @dansdad and others who helped me - I requested a set of touring plans selected rooms in Jamaica 45 on the second floor that were theoretically standard view rooms but still with a water view. Got Aruba 51, first floor, partial water view, so I'll take it. I mentioned in my fax that we didn't want to be by a dsa due to a respiratory condition, and it doesn't appear that we face out onto one so that's good. We do appear to be in a wheelchair accessible room, though we didn't request/need that.

Thank you very much for your information!!

I am bringing the email that I received that has my reservation number and check in date in the text of the email just in case I have a hard time getting the gift card. It will be interesting to see what happens. I check in on 4/19. I wonder what the earliest check in date is that folks have received the email regarding the gift card.

The earliest check in I saw on these boards is yours: 4-19 ! I believe a few people are checking in on that same date, and that is the earliest anyone has reported getting a letter with any kind of gift card promise (or any other credits).
We are checking in that following weekend, and I have received that same email; that all the restaurants and shopping will be closed, and that we will receive the 75 dollar gift card. We had never received a 25 dollar gift card email.
Interestingly, just two days prior to receiving the email, I spoke to a cast member, who verified with another manager, and told me, that there would be no tents, no noise, no closures, and no prep work whatsoever before May 1st.
I was assured, that the gift shop and food court would be fully stocked, business as usual. The follow up email then said flat out that everything will be closed, and it has our reservation number and dates on it. I plan to print out and bring the email. At this point, I do not know, what to expect, and it is too close to our travel date to make changes. I am hoping for the best (no or minimal disruptions) and will be thankful to people reporting here on the status of the resort...

The earliest check in I saw on these boards is yours: 4-19 ! I believe a few people are checking in on that same date, and that is the earliest anyone has reported getting a letter with any kind of gift card promise (or any other credits).
We are checking in that following weekend, and I have received that same email; that all the restaurants and shopping will be closed, and that we will receive the 75 dollar gift card. We had never received a 25 dollar gift card email.
Interestingly, just two days prior to receiving the email, I spoke to a cast member, who verified with another manager, and told me, that there would be no tents, no noise, no closures, and no prep work whatsoever before May 1st.
I was assured, that the gift shop and food court would be fully stocked, business as usual. The follow up email then said flat out that everything will be closed, and it has our reservation number and dates on it. I plan to print out and bring the email. At this point, I do not know, what to expect, and it is too close to our travel date to make changes. I am hoping for the best (no or minimal disruptions) and will be thankful to people reporting here on the status of the resort...

What's crazy is on 2/24, actually the day I received the $25/night gift card email, two Cast Members told me that all food amenities would be affected during my stay; I have a 4/22 check in date. Then on 2/28, I received the $75/night gift card email. One of the Cast Members I had been working on 2/24 confirmed with me yet again all food amenities would be affected. And as of yesterday, a new communication has been posted to the CBR reservations page stating that no food amenities will be affected prior to May 1...which is GREAT if it's indeed correct.

The communication around this construction project has been absolutely ridiculous and confusing. And, I think CBR is going to have a hard time not giving guests those $75/night gift cards when it wasn't a generic communication sent to guests like the $25/night offer. IMHO, including the guest's name, confirmation number, dates of stay, and the statement "As a thank you for your continued patronage, you will be receiving a $75 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of your stay upon check-in at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort," it seems they are committed to providing that compensation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter