Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I still have four months to go but I am getting excited and have some questions for the CBR pros.
1. Is the OPR bus stop packed? Thinking of heading there in the AM for a pastry and drinks before hitting the parks but if the lines there are significantly longer maybe just have our coffee and breakfasts in the room?
2. Are there any food court must haves? We usually stay Pop and they have some gems, as does POR (where we also have stayed) while AsMovies did not really have a wow factor. Does CBR food court have something unique? Something they do really well?

Thanks!!

1. We have not found the stop at OPR to be any more crowded than any of the other stops.

2. We love the homemade chips that come with the deli sandwiches. The spice that's on them is fantastic. Also there's a Monkey Cupcake that is a must have every trip. The Create Your Own Pasta is always delicious. My wife really likes the Cuban sandwich. I really enjoy the Jerk Roasted Chicken. And our son loves everything from the Burger Shop with the Angus Bacon burger and the Blackened Mahi being his 2 must haves.

I still have four months to go but I am getting excited and have some questions for the CBR pros.
1. Is the OPR bus stop packed? Thinking of heading there in the AM for a pastry and drinks before hitting the parks but if the lines there are significantly longer maybe just have our coffee and breakfasts in the room?
2. Are there any food court must haves? We usually stay Pop and they have some gems, as does POR (where we also have stayed) while AsMovies did not really have a wow factor. Does CBR food court have something unique? Something they do really well?

Thanks!!

We went in September and don't ever remember the OPR bus stops being packed. Really none of the bus stops were since there are so many stops.

Thanks! The people who review on Trip Advisor haven't been as complimentary but most seem to very nitpicking and don't seem to have done their research as to what CBR is.
I have also found this to be true of all the resorts. People are very picky and seem to be looking for flaws. We loved CBR and did not want to leave!

...and don't seem to have done their research as to what CBR is.

Speaking of research, some people do no research on WDW before going down there, at all.

Here's an example that I personally saw just last week. DW and I were waiting for our flight to Orlando. We were really, really early, as security and customs pre clearance (flying from Canada) had gone very quickly so we had tons of time to kill, so we're sitting there having our Starbucks and overheard a family across from us talking about what they were going to do on their vacation. They mentioned Radiator Springs and Cars Land so I figured they were on the flight for LAX, leaving a little before our flight. The kids were all decked out in their Disney outfits with little Disney carry-on roller bags, really cute, too. And excited! It made me smile as it reminded me of when our kids were that age. Anyway, before too long they were boarding the LAX flight and our neighbours were just sitting there, I was thinking they maybe they didn't hear the announcement? Then the final call came and they were still just sitting there with me wondering if I should say something... but I decided to mind my own business. And yup, sure enough, they were on our plane to MCO, chattering about what they were going to do at "Disneyland" all the way to their seats. We didn't see them again but I hope they did have a great vacation once they realized where they were going to.

I completely agree, but shhhhhh. :rotfl2:

Too late, the word is out! I don't like to make ADRs for arrival day just in case something delays our flights etc. In the past we have never had any problem with just walking up to Shutters and getting a table...until now. Not only could we not get a table for our arrival night, they were totally booked for the next two nights. I used my phone to drop one of our Epcot reservations in order to get one at Shutters for later on in our stay.

Speaking of research, some people do no research on WDW before going down there, at all.

Here's an example that I personally saw just last week. DW and I were waiting for our flight to Orlando. We were really, really early, as security and customs pre clearance (flying from Canada) had gone very quickly so we had tons of time to kill, so we're sitting there having our Starbucks and overheard a family across from us talking about what they were going to do on their vacation. They mentioned Radiator Springs and Cars Land so I figured they were on the flight for LAX, leaving a little before our flight. The kids were all decked out in their Disney outfits with little Disney carry-on roller bags, really cute, too. And excited! It made me smile as it reminded me of when our kids were that age. Anyway, before too long they were boarding the LAX flight and our neighbours were just sitting there, I was thinking they maybe they didn't hear the announcement? Then the final call came and they were still just sitting there with me wondering if I should say something... but I decided to mind my own business. And yup, sure enough, they were on our plane to MCO, chattering about what they were going to do at "Disneyland" all the way to their seats. We didn't see them again but I hope they did have a great vacation once they realized where they were going to.

Wow. There are so many of these stories out there it's kinda mind boggling.

Too late, the word is out! I don't like to make ADRs for arrival day just in case something delays our flights etc. In the past we have never had any problem with just walking up to Shutters and getting a table...until now. Not only could we not get a table for our arrival night, they were totally booked for the next two nights. I used my phone to drop one of our Epcot reservations in order to get one at Shutters for later on in our stay.

Crap. :rotfl2:

TouringPlans has room maps - but a) they don't specify the extra bed and b) according to people on here they are wildly inaccurate anyway.

I'll prioritize a review and update our CBR data. In the meantime, if anyone has specific examples of room info that needs updating, please share with me at len at touringplans.com. We'll get those updated as soon as possible, and it'll help other families with their trips. Thanks very much!

I'll prioritize a review and update our CBR data. In the meantime, if anyone has specific examples of room info that needs updating, please share with me at len at touringplans.com. We'll get those updated as soon as possible, and it'll help other families with their trips. Thanks very much!

Thank you!!

I have no idea about the accuracy - just that more than one person has said that there are lots of innacuracies about queen/king and so forth.

Just got home from our first stay at Caribbean. This is a nice resort... very comparable to Riverside, maybe a tick better but considering it was our first stay there and we have stayed at Riverside many times, that might just be grass greener on the other side talking.

There are 5 of us 2 adults, 1 16 year old, 2 12 year olds and we spend MOST of the day at the parks... so the hotel size was managable, plus the pools were nice... especially the MAIN one. If we spent more time at the hotel, I would probably want a bigger place to stay but that also would require a bigger pay check.. go figure! :)

Does anyone know why the rooms at CBR, except for pirate rooms, are sold out for Memorial Day week. I realize it is a busy week BUT the standard rooms have been unavailable since summer 2016 when the 2017 rates first came out. I have a pool/water view room reserved at the Fun in the Sun rate so I am safe, but I was wondering if a group/sports team has a lot of the rooms reserved.

1. We have not found the stop at OPR to be any more crowded than any of the other stops.

2. We love the homemade chips that come with the deli sandwiches. The spice that's on them is fantastic. Also there's a Monkey Cupcake that is a must have every trip. The Create Your Own Pasta is always delicious. My wife really likes the Cuban sandwich. I really enjoy the Jerk Roasted Chicken. And our son loves everything from the Burger Shop with the Angus Bacon burger and the Blackened Mahi being his 2 must haves.
I didn't realize they had the create your own pasta there, my kids really liked that - thanks for the tips!

We went in September and don't ever remember the OPR bus stops being packed. Really none of the bus stops were since there are so many stops.
Excellent, that was what I was hoping. I just didn't want to schlep the family over and then realize the bus stop was crazy busy.

I'd like to know more about the Calypso Trading Post at OPR, specifically regarding food items. DH and I will be there in a month. We're driving down from PA, and will bring a few small groceries like cereal and small snacks for the week. DH is diabetic, and we plan to have a small quick breakfast in our room before heading to the park. Would the Trading Post have items like milk and fruit? We had been thinking that we'd need to make a stop at a local grocery store for those perishable items, but I'm wondering if the Trading Post would do the trick. (I know about the Garden Grocer, but won't need to be purchasing that much for an order). Thanks!

DH and I will be taking our grandsons to CBR and have only stayed there one time (many years ago) and never with little boys! I have a few questions.

1. Where are the Preferred Rooms located? Any recommendations? I am not able to climb stairs, so I will be asking for a first floor. And we want to take them to the big pool.

2. What order do the buses pick up for the parks?

We have signed the boys up for a Pirate Adventure Cruise (it is the morning after they are getting the Pirates League in the MK). Any info on that would be great! They are ages 6 & 8.

Any info or advise would be appreciated! This will be our first trip with just us and the grandsons!

"TXTink, post: 56951764, member: 2098"]DH and I will be taking our grandsons to CBR and have only stayed there one time (many years ago) and never with little boys! I have a few questions.

1. Where are the Preferred Rooms located? Any recommendations? I am not able to climb stairs, so I will be asking for a first floor. And we want to take them to the big pool.

Preferred rooms are in Martinique and North Trinidad which are on either side of OPR where the food court and main pool are located.

2. What order do the buses pick up for the parks?

There are two routes for the buses from what I've experienced. One starts at Martinique and then heads to OPR, North Trinidad, South Trinidad, Jamaica, Aruba, and Barbados (I think I have that right). The other route starts at Jamaica and heads the same direction so Aruba then Barbados, etc.

We have signed the boys up for a Pirate Adventure Cruise (it is the morning after they are getting the Pirates League in the MK). Any info on that would be great! They are ages 6 & 8.

We never did the one at CBR but they are all pretty similar. One of my boys did the one at GF and YC. I think the drop off is around 9:15 and the kids each get a life vest and pirate bandana. The vests were pirate themed on the two we did. The kids go on the cruise with 2 guides and both times it was a group of maybe 6-8 kids. They have a story and look for clues to find treasure. They had a snack and drink and found a treasure chest full of fake jewels, rings, etc. and they got a bag to take home their loot. My oldest went on at ages 4 and 5 and loved it.

Any info or advise would be appreciated! This will be our first trip with just us and the grandsons!

Last edited:
Preferred rooms are in Martinique and North Trinidad which are on either side of OPR where the food court and main pool are located.

There are two routes for the buses from what I've experienced. One starts at Martinique and then heads to OPR, North Trinidad, South Trinidad, Jamaica, Aruba, and Barbados (I think I have that right). The other route starts at Jamaica and heads the same direction so Aruba then Barbados, etc.

We never did the one at CBR but they are all pretty similar. One of my boys did the one at GF and YC. I think the drop off is around 9:15 and the kids each get a life vest and pirate bandana. The vests were pirate themed on the two we did. The kids go on the cruise with 2 guides and both times it was a group of maybe 6-8 kids. They have a story and look for clues to find treasure. They had a snack and drink and found a treasure chest full of fake jewels, rings, etc. and they got a back to take home their loot. My oldest went on at ages 4 and 5 and loved it.

Thank you So much!! This was just the information I hoped for... :worship: Thank you!!

Thanks!!

The OPR bus stop was never packed for us, either. Our room in Trinidad North was about equidistant from the OPR stop, and the TN stop, and we'd go back and forth using the two.

DH loved the jerk chicken (I didn't try it), and we both really liked the Cuban sandwich. The monkey cupcake gets rave reviews, but I'm afraid to try it because I"m afraid it will taste like artificial banana.

I'd like to know more about the Calypso Trading Post at OPR, specifically regarding food items. DH and I will be there in a month. We're driving down from PA, and will bring a few small groceries like cereal and small snacks for the week. DH is diabetic, and we plan to have a small quick breakfast in our room before heading to the park. Would the Trading Post have items like milk and fruit? We had been thinking that we'd need to make a stop at a local grocery store for those perishable items, but I'm wondering if the Trading Post would do the trick. (I know about the Garden Grocer, but won't need to be purchasing that much for an order). Thanks!

Milk will be available in the gift shop, and fruit in the food court - they're right next to each other. If there are any other snack items you know you'll want, or might want, or think maybe you'll want, bring them with, or plan on heading off property for them, because on property they're expen$ive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter