Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

When you get your paperwork for DME you will, if I remember correctly, have to call Bell Services to arrange a time, and when they come for your luggage they will pick you up as well, and drive you to Customs House.

Edit: They will definitely pick you up, I just don't remember if you have to call and pre-arrange it, or if the paperwork tells you what time BS is coming to get you.

Bell service will come and take both you and your bags to the Custom House. :)
Phew!! Thanks so much. I was so stressed about getting dh out, with the car, I never thought of how to get to DME. Occurred to me while walking to the food court area!! Thanks so much.

Phew!! Thanks so much. I was so stressed about getting dh out, with the car, I never thought of how to get to DME. Occurred to me while walking to the food court area!! Thanks so much.
You're welcome!

Just make sure since you drove in to CBR that you're set up for DME to leave. I'm sure you know that, but I'm the designated worrier of things like that in my family. ;)

You're welcome!

Just make sure since you drove in to CBR that you're set up for DME to leave. I'm sure you know that, but I'm the designated worrier of things like that in my family. ;)
The really dopey thing? I knew, when I checked in, that I would need DME. So, tried to add it at that time. The CM seem really perplexed. I explained, several times, that I needed to book my return to MCO on DME. She finally picked up the phone, said nothing, then hung up...saying that she had just been told that I would have to contact my travel agent! Told her I am the travel agent!! She said that I wasn't going to be able to add it without going thru a travel agent! I told her that was incorrect and that I would book it, myself, online, later! She continued to say that I must contact my agent!
I booked it that night, online. And people wonder why guests get confused!! CMs continue to give bad info!!

We are headed down to CBR the last week of January for our first visit in 7 years! I was wondering the best way to request a room with a Murphy (drop down) bed. My son and husband are each over 6' so I may need the Murphy for me! Thanks,I hope! Are there some specific room numbers numbers to request? We're not worried about the view but would love a second floor room somewhat close to Old Port Royal area. It's been so long I'm not sure how it all works anymore. Thanks much in advance- super excited to get back to Disney!

We are headed down to CBR the last week of January for our first visit in 7 years! I was wondering the best way to request a room with a Murphy (drop down) bed. My son and husband are each over 6' so I may need the Murphy for me! Thanks,I hope! Are there some specific room numbers numbers to request? We're not worried about the view but would love a second floor room somewhat close to Old Port Royal area. It's been so long I'm not sure how it all works anymore. Thanks much in advance- super excited to get back to Disney!

You can call and have the requests added. If you've got more than one, you should prioritize them.

TouringPlans has room maps - but a) they don't specify the extra bed and b) according to people on here they are wildly inaccurate anyway. If you're a member they offer a fax service for the requests. But again, prioritize them.

Also be aware that the fold-down bed is not even a full twin mattress like a legit murphy bed. It's really designed for kids, so unless you're really small you'll likely be super uncomfortable on it.

Your best bet is to call the main reservation line and add a request of "Murphy Bed". I would make that your only request.

I just want to say that these pictures do not do this resort justice. It is so beautiful, relaxing, and fun for all ages! I also highly recommend Shutters. Excellent steak and great service. During our stay I felt the staff went out of the way to accommodate is and make sure our trip was magical.

I just want to say that these pictures do not do this resort justice. It is so beautiful, relaxing, and fun for all ages! I also highly recommend Shutters. Excellent steak and great service. During our stay I felt the staff went out of the way to accommodate is and make sure our trip was magical.

Thanks! The people who review on Trip Advisor haven't been as complimentary but most seem to very nitpicking and don't seem to have done their research as to what CBR is.

Building 25 is our favorite!! Preferred building, nice and close to OPR. Different strokes for different folks. Sorry that your luggage hasn't found you yet. Have a great trip.
I certainly didn't mean to "dis" building 25! I just have to have my walk across the bridge every morning to get my coffee so it needs to be Jamaica or Aruba. It's strictly a me thing.

I know this is probably a dumb question, and im sure everyone is sick of these questions, but if we get Jamaica, how worried do i need to be about possible alligators and my 3 year old on the connecting island? Please don't judge! I'm seriously worried about this and the amount of water/beaches at the resort. Thank you.

We're just back and one thing that we noticed from our last visit to CBR in November of 2015 was how much they improved the lighting along the path over the island so it's really easy to see what's around you. I've never, in 9 stays now, ever seen an alligator at CBR. We have seen a few snakes, though, but they get out of your way pretty quickly. Just keep your eyes open, be mindful of your surroundings, and keep the little ones on the path and out of the bushes.

I certainly didn't mean to "dis" building 25! I just have to have my walk across the bridge every morning to get my coffee so it needs to be Jamaica or Aruba. It's strictly a me thing.
Your not the only one, we do this at POR, our family really likes having to cross the bridge over the river:D Almost all the time we will get off the bus at the front so we can stroll back to our room and enjoy the sights of the resort at night. We find this a great way to wind down from a busy day at the parks. Plus, we are not allergic to walking:laughing:

So excited been to disney many times but this is the first time we will be staying onsite, there will be 5 of us, 2 adults and 3 children. looking forward to all your tips. just trying to read through it all now.
Enjoy your trip.

My wife has food allergies and the wait staff and chef at Shutters go out of their way for her. We ate there 3 times last visit. One of the better restaurants at WDW.

I still have four months to go but I am getting excited and have some questions for the CBR pros.
1. Is the OPR bus stop packed? Thinking of heading there in the AM for a pastry and drinks before hitting the parks but if the lines there are significantly longer maybe just have our coffee and breakfasts in the room?
2. Are there any food court must haves? We usually stay Pop and they have some gems, as does POR (where we also have stayed) while AsMovies did not really have a wow factor. Does CBR food court have something unique? Something they do really well?

Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter