Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

This time next Sunday we will be at CBR. This will be our first time here so I have a couple of questions. I have been reading for hours, I just could not really find the answers.
Do they have internal buses? If yes, can you take an ECV on them?
Are all courtyards DSA?
When having ECV'S is it difficult to get on a bus the first trip around?
Are there Watercrafts available for rent or no?
Are there lifejackets at the quiet pools?
Is the Jamaica pool open?

Thank you, I think that is it for now.

So how much is the kids Pirate Adventure really worth it? Enough to rearrange two days of ADRs and FP+ at 35 days out?
My youngest has been asking, and I had figured with his birthday in a couple weeks I would purchase the Pirate cruise thing for him on our resort day. Of course that is as far as I got in that planning. I now realize the trips only run three days/week, none of which are the day I have planned for the resort day. So if I decide to go with the cruise for him I will have to try to switch all my bookings from the Wednesday to the Thursday and switch my Thursday ADR. Lol since that seems like a lot, anyone have another idea for my 5 year olds birthday gift???

Also wondering if the campfires are still happening with s'mores. We have a few early evenings and kids would love that at the resort.
Well, only you can decide if it is worth it, but DD had a blast on it last October (she was 6.5 at the time). As I recall they rode the boat all over, searched for treasure in various places around the resort and had a snack. She also got a really cute bandana.

It was great for us because it was our MNSSHP day, so she did that in the morning while DH relaxed and I did a load of laundry, then we grabbed lunch and headed to the party after a rest.

This time next Sunday we will be at CBR. This will be our first time here so I have a couple of questions. I have been reading for hours, I just could not really find the answers.
1. Do they have internal buses?
2. If yes, can you take an ECV on them?
3. Are all courtyards DSA?
4. When having ECV'S is it difficult to get on a bus the first trip around?
5. Are there Watercrafts available for rent or no?
6. Are there lifejackets at the quiet pools?
7. Is the Jamaica pool open?

Thank you, I think that is it for now.

1. There is an internal bus.
2. Yup.
3. No, not all.
4. Depends on how many other ECVs are at the bus stop, or on the bus already. But I have never seen one left behind.
5. No.
6. Yup.
7. Yup.

On checkout day, can we leave our bags with someone and go the the park? We're going to rent a car later in the day and stay offsite one night before flying home, but checkout is 11 am and we weren't planning on renting the car until about 5 pm. Will they hold our bags for several hours until we get our rental car on the day of checkout?

On checkout day, can we leave our bags with someone and go the the park? We're going to rent a car later in the day and stay offsite one night before flying home, but checkout is 11 am and we weren't planning on renting the car until about 5 pm. Will they hold our bags for several hours until we get our rental car on the day of checkout?

They held ours for us last year :)

Has anyone had problems with the Martinique rooms smelling like "smoke".? We were assigned room 2615, perfect location with water view, but it smelled horrible! I'm not sure if it was a smoke smell, or just kind of old stale type smell. The manager came to the room and agreed about the smell. He moved us to another room upstairs with parking lot view later on that night. It smelled fine at first, he mentioned that they cleaned the carpets and purified it before moving me. Well, the next day that room developed that same smell. We stayed with that room, but it was so bad that even my clothes smelled when we got home. I had to wash everything. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Has anyone had problems with the Martinique rooms smelling like "smoke".? We were assigned room 2615, perfect location with water view, but it smelled horrible! I'm not sure if it was a smoke smell, or just kind of old stale type smell. The manager came to the room and agreed about the smell. He moved us to another room upstairs with parking lot view later on that night. It smelled fine at first, he mentioned that they cleaned the carpets and purified it before moving me. Well, the next day that room developed that same smell. We stayed with that room, but it was so bad that even my clothes smelled when we got home. I had to wash everything. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Nope. We stayed in 2626 on out last trip. Everything smelled ok, nice and clean. The only time I've ever smelled smoke is when walking through the court yard smoking areas. But that's to be expected.

I have read several posts within this thread about horrible smells in buildings 25 & 26. I'm not sure if it is in other buildings but they described it the same way.

YES!!!! We were in Martinique 25 water view and the odor was extremely strong. I couldn't determine if it was smoke or some other odd smell. They tried to tell me they'd send housekeeping to our room with air freshener but I declined and asked for a new room. Housekeeping manager agreed the room had a odor but told me it was mold/mildew and not smoke. Either way, it made for a rocky start to our trip. It was hard to give up our perfect room and location but our new room that we moved to in Jamaica was lovely.

We have a pirate room booked for our Oct 2016 trip,
I didn't realize they are the farthest away,
any suggestion on which building for in Trinidad South which would be best?
Never stayed at Caribbean Beach, so any tips would be great.
We are going with extended family about 20 of us, some are 1st time disney trippers too.

Thanks,

Kim

We have a pirate room booked for our Oct 2016 trip,
I didn't realize they are the farthest away,
any suggestion on which building for in Trinidad South which would be best?
Never stayed at Caribbean Beach, so any tips would be great.
We are going with extended family about 20 of us, some are 1st time disney trippers too.

Thanks,

Kim

Buildings 34, 35 and 36 are the closest to OPR and the Main Feature Pool. Good thing is every village has its own bus stop so you'll be close to one.

I would love to know if anyone has experienced the smells in Martinique building 22? I was considering requesting building 22 but I would rather stay away from the smell.

We are staying at the CBR for the first time in October and plan on renting a car. Does each building have it's own parking lot or is it just one central parking lot for all guests? Any information that you can provide me is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

We are staying at the CBR for the first time in October and plan on renting a car. Does each building have it's own parking lot or is it just one central parking lot for all guests? Any information that you can provide me is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Parking surrounds the exterior of the entire resort. Check out the map in post #1 of this thread to see what I mean.

We booked a standard room view. I am leaning towards requesting Jamaica. Is there a specific building number that is more preferred that I can add to my reservation in Jamaica? Thanks in advance!

We booked a standard room view. I am leaning towards requesting Jamaica. Is there a specific building number that is more preferred that I can add to my reservation in Jamaica? Thanks in advance!

Everyone here raves about Jamaica 45. I've never stayed at CBR so I have no personal experience but its the top on my list of requests.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter