Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Are there shower caps in the rooms?

Last year we stayed at a different resort and there were not any in the rooms. But I left a note for mouse keeping (along with a tip) requesting one and she brought one!

I noticed on the request you can put corner room, is there a benefit for having a corner room?

I noticed on the request you can put corner room, is there a benefit for having a corner room?
You get an extra window which makes the room feel bigger, even though they are all the same size. And you don't have neighbours on one side as well.

You get an extra window which makes the room feel bigger, even though they are all the same size. And you don't have neighbours on one side as well.

I had a corner room at POR and it did make the room feel more open and lighter. It is something we tend to request since it feels less like a "hotel room"

Ooh it's our SDD day woohoo:rainbow:
:jumping1::cool1::dancer:party:
No shower caps when we were there last month.

Last year we stayed at a different resort and there were not any in the rooms. But I left a note for mouse keeping (along with a tip) requesting one and she brought one!
Thanks, think I have a couple of disposable ones somewhere, but the question is where!:tongue:

Do people still decorate their outside windows at the resort? It is my son's birthday when we are going in Nov. and I was thinking about doing something fun with decorations. :bday:

Just got back from our CBR stay! We had a fantastic time. We opted for a pirate room even though it would be in the most remote village. For anyone wondering, we timed it one time and it took us right at about 8 minutes to walk from building 38 to Old Port Royale to order a pizza and pick up our packages. Some people still decorated their windows. Beaches were closed in the evenings and didn't open until the mornings after the parks were already opened. We were able to see the Illuminations fireworks from a bench in Trinidad South with no problem. My daughter absolutely loved it and is begging to go back and stay there again.

Oh, and the DVC rep there was talking to my family about buying in. We explained that it really makes little sense for us because we are a family of 3 who enjoys staying at DVC properties as well as non-properties such as Caribbean Beach and she told us that DVC is coming to CBR. She said it hasn't been publicized yet, but CBR is definitely getting one and will be the first moderate resort to be part of DVC. Honestly, not too sure how I feel about that.

My wife had her second knee replacement first of July. Now she has two good knees so we are making a trip back to WDW. we previously stayed at coronado. We are going in mid February. I booked a preferred room so we would have a good chance at being close to a bus stop. I want her to save her legs for the park not the walk to the bus and back to the room. My question would be how close are the smoking areas to the preferred rooms. We DON't smoke and would like to be away from the smoking area if possible.

My wife had her second knee replacement first of July. Now she has two good knees so we are making a trip back to WDW. we previously stayed at coronado. We are going in mid February. I booked a preferred room so we would have a good chance at being close to a bus stop. I want her to save her legs for the park not the walk to the bus and back to the room. My question would be how close are the smoking areas to the preferred rooms. We DON't smoke and would like to be away from the smoking area if possible.
Your preferred rooms are going to be located in buildings 24, 25 & 26 of Martinique and buildings 31, 32 & 33 of Trinidad North. This is the map that is posted in the main post on page 1. Hopefully, this gives you an idea of an area that would work best for y'all. Building 24 is closest to the Martinique bus stop, Building 26 is closest to the Old Port Royale bus stop and building 33 is closest to the Trinidad North bus stop. If you are going to add any requests, you could ask for close to transportation and away from any smoking area's. But from what I understand, none of the bus stops are too far away from any room since each village has it's own bus stop and there are smoking area's all over the resort.
cbr-1-1200x927-jpg.133235

Last edited:
There are smoking areas all over the resort, so being preferred isn't going to help that unfortunately and all "islands" have their own bus stop so you would be close if you didn't do preferred. You WILL be close to the food court and main pool so THAT is a bonus. If you look at the resort map on the first page of this thread, you can see all the smoking areas marked to see what I mean.

So how much is the kids Pirate Adventure really worth it? Enough to rearrange two days of ADRs and FP+ at 35 days out?
My youngest has been asking, and I had figured with his birthday in a couple weeks I would purchase the Pirate cruise thing for him on our resort day. Of course that is as far as I got in that planning. I now realize the trips only run three days/week, none of which are the day I have planned for the resort day. So if I decide to go with the cruise for him I will have to try to switch all my bookings from the Wednesday to the Thursday and switch my Thursday ADR. Lol since that seems like a lot, anyone have another idea for my 5 year olds birthday gift???

Also wondering if the campfires are still happening with s'mores. We have a few early evenings and kids would love that at the resort.

So how much is the kids Pirate Adventure really worth it? Enough to rearrange two days of ADRs and FP+ at 35 days out?
My youngest has been asking, and I had figured with his birthday in a couple weeks I would purchase the Pirate cruise thing for him on our resort day. Of course that is as far as I got in that planning. I now realize the trips only run three days/week, none of which are the day I have planned for the resort day. So if I decide to go with the cruise for him I will have to try to switch all my bookings from the Wednesday to the Thursday and switch my Thursday ADR. Lol since that seems like a lot, anyone have another idea for my 5 year olds birthday gift???

Also wondering if the campfires are still happening with s'mores. We have a few early evenings and kids would love that at the resort.

What about the Pirates League instead?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter