Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I'm not sure if the Market and the Grab N Go are the only two quick service locations at CBR but I'm thinking not. I'll have to go to the live video but I'm pretty sure there were other food stations. In the past, there were several different stations and one was only open for dinner.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/10/review-lu...restaurant-at-disneys-caribbean-beach-resort/

WDWNT reviews Sebastian's Bistro for lunch.

Some of my favorite lines from this review...

"Even the Sturgeon and the Ray, they have to urge to throw this entire sandwich away" (the eggless egg salad)

"The sustainable fish on both this and the sandwich below is Cobia, which sometimes is known as a Crabeater. You would think Sebastian would frown upon this, but between serving his own kind and $12 bread, this crustacean has no moral values."

New Map showing the "new" Trinidad and Barbados,Freestyles and IMs.:)

Finally!:)

https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/di...de-map-for-disneys-caribbean-beach-resort.htm

Disneys-Caribbean-Beach-Resort_Full_33705.jpg

If anyone gets a chance to see the allergy menu at Sebastian's (I have much more respect for bloggers and the like who wait until a place has been open a couple of weeks before reviewing them, so holding out faith it will be ok) and Centertown Market and grab pics, you would be my new best friend.

Looking at the new map, I'm thinking that Martinique will remain standard rooms. It's just too far from either Skyliner station. Jamaica would be much more preferable, right between OPR and Skyliner. Aruba as well, if there is a walking path to the Riviera station (at least for going to Epcot, HS if transfer is quick and painless).

You stand alone Dan! :lmao:

Actually @mickeystoontown stands with me.

I do agree with @dansdad on this one. If you will take a look at the live video, you can see how much space was alloted for guest services/check in and out and seating. In my opinion, that's a fairly large amount of space. That whole area used to be the arcade and the two sections of the resort shop.

In the video you can see that the people standing in line for the market station on the left spilled over into the area where guests would normally walk around and enter and exit the building. With the old set up, that would have been a dining area and part of the store. In the old set up, the stations were in a long line and while they did get somewhat congested at times, it didn't always seem that way because of the set up.

I know that yesterday was the grand opening of Old Port Royale and some of those folks in the video may not have normally been there on any other day; however, you can see how the "extra" guests do cause congestion in the food court area. I'm not a fan of the semi-circle food court set ups to begin with. Whether it actually is or not, it feels more busy and congested.

Having said all of that, I am looking forward to booking our next trip to our home away from home and seeing how the new Old Port Royale works for us.

Last edited:
I haven't stayed at CBR in many years, and I'm speaking here with only that experience, nothing more current. Off the top of my head I think I preferred having check in away from the main building also - so add me to that list :D! Once I'm there and check in is done, I would like not seeing that constant reminder that my trip will be ending all too soon, with people carrying luggage and waiting for the RAC and DME. I would prefer OPR to be just eating and shopping, and avoid the congestion of check in/out. I assume they would have concierge services at OPR, and that you wouldn't have to walk all the way to check in/out for that, I can't remember if that was the case or not before. However, every other resort has it all together, so it isn't surprising that they did bring the lobby/check in/DME/etc to the main building instead of keeping it remote. We have a stay booked between Christmas and New Year's, so I'll get to check it out firsthand :flower1:!

I much prefer having everything at OPR!:)

I am going to like being able to Check-in and have the option to immediately either walk to my room(especially if staying in Martinique or the "new" Barbados) or grab some food or do some shopping.:)

After having been on an airplane and a MDE bus,the last thing I want to do is wait for and board ANOTHER bus at Custom House to go to my room or OPR!!!!:)

And returning to OIA,I will like being able to "hang around" OPR until my DME arrives instead of worrying about getting to Custom House on time(there was NOTHING to do at Custom House but WAIT!lol:).

Last edited:

I am going to like being able to Check-in and have the option to immediately either walk to my room(especially if staying in Martinique or the "new" Barbados) or grab some food or do some shopping.:)

After having been on an airplane and a MDE bus,the last thing I want to do is wait for and board ANOTHER bus at Custom House to go to my room or OPR!!!!:)

And returning to OIA,I will like being to "hang around" OPR until my DME arrives instead of worrying about getting to Custom House on time(there was NOTHING to do at Custom House but WAIT!lol:).

All very valid points. I guess since we drive in, I don't have all of the waiting around as those who fly.

And returning to OIA,I will like being to "hang around" OPR until my DME arrives instead of worrying about getting to Custom House on time(there was NOTHING to do at Custom House but WAIT!lol:).

Exactly. Completely agreeing with everything here.

Looking at the new map, I'm thinking that Martinique will remain standard rooms. It's just too far from either Skyliner station. Jamaica would be much more preferable, right between OPR and Skyliner. Aruba as well, if there is a walking path to the Riviera station (at least for going to Epcot, HS if transfer is quick and painless).
Martinique already reverted back to Preferred. Preferred will always be those close to food and pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter