• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you thought about ordering the items from Amazon and having them shipped directly to the resort? Or using one of the shopping services (Garden Grocer, for one)? The fees might be cheaper than boxing and shipping yourself, and a lot less hassle!

I did look into it. Its actually more expensive. Shipping will only cost me about $25-30. Thanks! T

I have scoured the internet looking for any sign that this is the case and I haven't seen anything. I actually just changed my reservation for a December trip from Port Orleans French Quarter to CBR because of the splash playground, so if it's closed, I would really like to know as well to make other arrangements.

Also, I wanted to know if there are still playgrounds on the beaches of the individual villages. I've seen on the maps that they're listed, but when I go to Google Earth, I don't see them. Does anyone know if they're still there?

I'm not totally sure, but I "think" the splash area has been refurbed already, like within the last year or so? Or am I confusing it with something else?

I looked all over the Internet last night and I couldn't find anything either. I did find info about a refurb of it in 2014. So maybe it's an old rumor? So I think we are safe! We are going in mid October so I hope it's open!

The only playground left is on the little island.

Thank you! How far in advance should I Ship it? IF we arrive Sat 9/19. Should I ship it Friday the 11th or Monday the 14th?

Depends on where you live. If you go to ups.com there is a link to calculate time for ground shipping and you put in your zip code. I think 5 business days would be plenty (that Monday the 14th) but maybe check on ups.com to make sure.

I saw on the FB group that there was a notice and as of Tuesday it was closed. There are rumors it will be done by the 25th ( the splash pad refurb)

That is what I have heard from the FB group. If I hear anything else I will let you know. I left CBR on Monday and it was still open and I had not heard anything about it closing while there, so this just happened yesterday!

Depends on where you live. If you go to ups.com there is a link to calculate time for ground shipping and you put in your zip code. I think 5 business days would be plenty (that Monday the 14th) but maybe check on ups.com to make sure.

Thanks! We live in PA, just did that on ups and it said if I ship on Monday should arrive by 7p Thursday!

See message left in room below

Received the same notice today noticed the splash area was down yesterday.

Overheard someone saying two weeks to refurb the splash pool so take that for what it's worth also received a notice about the bridge as well funny as we have been here since Friday.

Depends on who you ask as to when the bridge will be done, while a bit bothersome, not to bad as the shuttle going back and forth is quite regular.

I saw on the FB group that there was a notice and as of Tuesday it was closed. There are rumors it will be done by the 25th ( the splash pad refurb)

I sincerely hope its a quick refurb. We are arriving on the 27th. I purposely picked CBR because we were taking my 2 yr old great-nephew and thought this would be a wonderful way for him to cool off after the parks. The splash pad was a big selling point, and one reason we decided not to do a deluxe. :sad1:

Do you mind me asking what Facebook page we go a week on Monday starting to regret picking here if the kids play area & pool are closed for refurb !!! Hoping we won't be there that much at the resort but still would be nice if they inform people

I looked all over the Internet last night and I couldn't find anything either. I did find info about a refurb of it in 2014. So maybe it's an old rumor? So I think we are safe! We are going in mid October so I hope it's open!

The only playground left is on the little island.

I'm going mid-December, so if it's only down until the 25th of September we should be fine. I have to warn though, this whole thing with the Monorail refurb is horrible. I've gone 4 times since April and every time I try to use the monorail from TTC to MK, it's down and it's an hour wait to get the ferry because of the crowds, so be prepared if you're driving in.

Do you mind me asking what Facebook page we go a week on Monday starting to regret picking here if the kids play area & pool are closed for refurb !!! Hoping we won't be there that much at the resort but still would be nice if they inform people

I have to agree with this! We arrive on Friday for 2 weeks and picked this resort as it looked the best mod for young kids. We were hoping to spend a bit of time at the resort to give the kids a rest between park days. Quite dissapointed that guests are not previously told about these refurbs.

I totally agree and I'm very upset with this too. We had POR booked and moved over to CBR thinking it would be more kid friendly with our 4 year old. We check in on 9/19/15.

I totally agree and I'm very upset with this too. We had POR booked and moved over to CBR thinking it would be more kid friendly with our 4 year old. We check in on 9/19/15.

I also just changed from POFQ for the same reason but I don't check in until December.

sounds like this resort is not good at telling the public about refurbs

I ended up changing our building location because of the bridge issue but we are not there till Nov. so hopefully by then all the water parks will be up and running because we will be traveling with 5 kids who all love water

I know! The splash pad and the bridge weren't listed anywhere as being closed on disney refurb pages or any other travel planning websites. Seems like they didn't tell anyone or want anyone to know. But it's important info to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter