• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not going to request another room because we have two side by side right now and I don't want to lose that

but how long does it take to walk from Aruba to the food courts if we walk around the lake towards Barbados?

Depending on where in Aruba, around 6-8 minutes. My wife and I usually take 4 laps around the lake every morning before getting ready.

Is it just the bridge under refurb? Will we still be able to access Caribbean Cay from the OPR side? I don't mind the walking, will help with all those extra F&W calories.

That's a very good question. Hopefully somebody who is there now, or going down very soon can come back here and answer that.

Really disappointed that the bridge will be closed, we have already done our online check-in for our trip and requested Jamaica. :(

You can call and have that changed.

We are arriving in 10 days and requested Jamaica with online checkin. Although I'm dissapointed about the bridge being out, at this point we can't find another room without spending lots more, so we will just have to make the best of it and get in some extra walking :)

Thank being said, are there still paths from Jamaica to Old Port Royale to walk on that are not roads? We don't mind walking a little bit, just would like to be on a path an not a road.

Also, we were going to get the Refillable drink cups ( we LOVE soda and coffee on vacation so its worth it for us!) but now I'm worried we'll have to walk further to refill. Is the only refill station in OPR?

Thanks!

There is a very wide, very smooth walking path that goes around the lake that will get you from Jamaica to OPR and the main pool. It's clearly marked on the map in post #1 so you can see what I'm talking about.

We have gotten our mugs refilled at the Banana Cabana when at the pool in the past, but that is right outside the food court.

Is it just the bridge under refurb? Will we still be able to access Caribbean Cay from the OPR side? I don't mind the walking, will help with all those extra F&W calories.
Misunderstood your question...disregard.

We are 80 days out from arriving. I can't wait for September 13th we can do our online check in and our fast pass reservations!!!! We are so excited for this trip we have pulled the shirts that we 2ant to wear. You would think we have not been in a long time however we were just there in may of 2014. Any advice for November weather or anything special we should do? It's just my husband and I. Thanks

Below is the notice received in our room today regarding the bridge closure. Walked to Shutters for dinner tonight and the bridge was open, went to walk back and the gate was locked. Another family brought out the concierge to the bridge who called on a phone but was unable to open the lock and asked us to use the Internal Resort Shuttle. He was shocked that the gates were locked as the notice they had, it was to start Thursday and last 30 days. There are no dates listed on the in room notice.

The in room sheet says "Shuttle Transportation" from the parking lot. My best guess is they will be using luggage service vehicles but that is my guess, I have not heard from any cast member.

Attachments

• IMG_0875 (320x240).jpg
    IMG_0875 (320x240).jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 116
How does Disney just plan a major refurb without letting it's guests know that it will be going on beforehand? I don't believe 1 minute that this was not planned. I am really disappointed in the way Disney handled this.

Ok now for the next big question, now that we know the bridge is out.....What is the next best location to request closest to OPRAH and food court in a non preferred area?

Ok now for the next big question, now that we know the bridge is out.....What is the next best location to request closest to OPRAH and food court in a non preferred area?

I don't know which Village OPRAH will be staying in, though I've heard she's a fan of Aruba, so I can't help you there. But if you want to be close to the food court and main pool the following will be pretty close.

Martinique 21, 22 or 23
Barbados 14, 15 or 16

Last edited:
How does Disney just plan a major refurb without letting it's guests know that it will be going on beforehand? I don't believe 1 minute that this was not planned. I am really disappointed in the way Disney handled this.

They do this all the time. I've been at the Beach Club 2 different stays where Storm Along Bay was closed and we had to be shuttled to Boardwalk. Neither time did we receive prior notice. We weren't even told when we checked in. Not until we headed to SAB with our swim stuff.

My parents were staying at the Contemporary when they were building Bay Lake Tower and the noise was substantial. No prior notice and when my parents called what they thought was the front desk, the phone CM looked on her "Construction Schedule" and said there is nothing going on at the Contemporary, maybe they have loud neighbors!

We've stayed at Poly and found out 1 day before our trip, here on the DIS, that the monorail was going to be down to 3 hours of operation per day during our entire stay.

I feel it's a crappy way to handle things, but it's definitely not a new thing.

I don't know which Village OPRAH will be staying in so I can't help you there. But if you want to be close to the food court and main pool the following will be pretty close.

Martinique 21, 22 or 23
Barbados 14, 15 or 16

OPRAH? :confused3

I only know of one OPRAH...or is this some kind of acronym?

This will be the first trip to CBR for me. It's for my mom's birthday, and it's kind of a special one because of some really major health problems this year.
We booked through Kayak (who had some pretty amazing prices, to be completely honest) and we do have a confirmation number, however, when I try to add it to my Disney Experience app, it doesn't register it. Does anyone know if this is normal or not? I'm sure everything will be fine, but I figured I'd ask.

This will be the first trip to CBR for me. It's for my mom's birthday, and it's kind of a special one because of some really major health problems this year.
We booked through Kayak (who had some pretty amazing prices, to be completely honest) and we do have a confirmation number, however, when I try to add it to my Disney Experience app, it doesn't register it. Does anyone know if this is normal or not? I'm sure everything will be fine, but I figured I'd ask.

You'll have to contact Kayak and ask for the Disney confirmation number, not Kayak's. I know that has been the problem when people book via Orbitz and can't link their reservation in their MDE account.

OK, just so you're clear here, YES the renovations are complete (expect as dansdad stated, the pirate rooms) BUT the pictures from the 1st page , those are the NEWLY RENOVATED rooms. So if you don't like that, oops, sorry, but that is how they look now.
So they still have the style with the loooong bed posts and the pastel coloured walls?

Would be good to know which blocks have which of the three styles to make an informed request

Well Im back but sad to report all did not go as well as it could have at CBR this year. As expected despite requesting Aruba or Jamaica for the 7th year in a row we again did not get our requests. Infact what we got was a nightmare. It was a corner disabled room in Barbados that had a terrible stink to it. It was smaller than a regular room, no sliding doors, no fancy furniture just a regular door with a small single sink bathroom( toilet in same room) and one huge wardrobe in the middle. The whole room was disgusting, coffee maker had mould on it and we had to step over a pile of trash to get in it( yes I took pics). They did move us to another room after one night in it ( it was late) then the next rooms AC would not go below 80 deg. They then told us they were running at full capacity and could not move us rooms or to another resort. The food court this time was terrible too. 10am and no bread or bagels left..only cupcakes. Waits of over 25 mins for kids pizzas etc...I know this is no fault of the resort either but never got to swim in the big pool once as every day they closed it due to thunderstorms being within a 6 mile radius. Housekeeping we got three days out of the 10, other days I had to call at least three times just to get clean towels, coffee sheets!! one day yes we were left with nothing on one of the beds just a bare matress. Im sad to say it but we are done with this resort, if the kids hadnt wanted to stay my husband and I would have checked out on the 2nd day. Cant believe Im writing this as we were diehard fans of this resort but this last visit has just soured us. $2278 for 10 days of Motel 6 quality. I do plan on writing a letter and I have plenty of pictures to back things up. I just hope the next person has more luck than us. :( oh and I notice someone mentioning about the refillable mugs...good luck with that too as half of the filling stations were either out of soda or not working.
Did you have a strong word with the management team. These things should be addressed immediately. I'd be interested to know what responses you recieved?

So they still have the style with the loooong bed posts and the pastel coloured walls?

Would be good to know which blocks have which of the three styles to make an informed request

Let me try to clear up some confusion. There are 2 "styles" of rooms at CBR the Pirate Themed Rooms and the Non Pirate Themed Rooms. The Non Pirate Themed Rooms have all been refurbished and they are pictured in posts #6 and #7 on page #1 of this thread labeled "Newly Refurbished Rooms". These refurbished rooms do NOT have the long bed posts and the pastel colors.

The Pirate Themed Rooms are in the process of being refurbished and nobody has been nice enough to report back with pictures after staying in a refurbished Pirate Themed Room.

Let me try to clear up some confusion. There are 2 "styles" of rooms at CBR the Pirate Themed Rooms and the Non Pirate Themed Rooms. The Non Pirate Themed Rooms have all been refurbished and they are pictured in posts #6 and #7 on page #1 of this thread labeled "Newly Refurbished Rooms". These refurbished rooms do NOT have the long bed posts and the pastel colors.

The Pirate Themed Rooms are in the process of being refurbished and nobody has been nice enough to report back with pictures after staying in a refurbished Pirate Themed Room.
Ahhh I got you, thanks so much!

Post #5 of this thread needs a tidy then as it still shows the old one. And it doesn't help that Disney still haven't updated their own site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter