• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if it has something to do with the Illuminations Dessert Party? I don't know where the area is for the dessert party, nor do I know for sure where the FP for Illuminations sets up.

Just FYI...we have reservations for the Dessert Party during the first week of September, 2015, and the area they use for party is located in Showcase Plaza, directly behind and between the two shops located near the lake. This puts the viewing area directly across the lake from The American Adventure. Can't comment on the FP viewing area...

Just FYI...we have reservations for the Dessert Party during the first week of September, 2015, and the area they use for party is located in Showcase Plaza, directly behind and between the two shops located near the lake. This puts the viewing area directly across the lake from The American Adventure. Can't comment on the FP viewing area...
pretty sure that is the FP+ viewing area normally. My FP for illuminations says it is between the two shops. So maybe they are doing something with the place that is usually used for the dessert party that week?

Shutter's has improved greatly. About 2 years ago they got a new chef. We ate there 3 times last year and have a ressie for Shutter's in September. Take a walk around the lake at night and then go to the pool bar. It is a good time.

We made reservations for Shutter's too, the menu seemed good to try. We really wanted to enjoy our first day at the resort and not go busing/driving around for dinner. Looking forward to a romantic walk around the lake! Thanks!!

We made reservations for Shutter's too, the menu seemed good to try. We really wanted to enjoy our first day at the resort and not go busing/driving around for dinner. Looking forward to a romantic walk around the lake! Thanks!!
Hey, we'll be there almost the same time. We are 39 days out. Enjoy.

I dont want to wish the summer away, but the fact that I got my Disney documents today, I want the next 34 days to fly by!!

So funny to read this. We feel the exact same way. We leave for our 12 night CBR stay on the 21st of this month. Can't wait, but am saddened in some ways to as upon return, summer will be over! Maybe I just need to find a job in Orlando so I never have to leave, LOL.

Can't wait to return to CBR in 56 days! Staying in the Pirate rooms for the first time, my little guys are supper excited!!

Did you guys ask for Martinique or were you just lucky to get it?
I booked a standard and during online check in I requested Martinique or Jamaica. We were just lucky to be given a preferred room in Martinique. We had room 2447.

Did you guys ask for Martinique or were you just lucky to get it?
I booked a standard and during online check in I requested Martinique or Jamaica. We were just lucky to be given a preferred room in Martinique. We had room 2447.

Couple of questions, are they proper cups in the rooms and also is the shampoo/conditioner good enough for after pool use or should we take some sun & swim stuff with us?:rainbow:

We have a room only reservation, so I am unable to pay my remaining balance online. The Disney FAQ says I will pay the rest "when I arrive". I have also registered/requested/whatevered online check-in, so if I understand correctly, I will potentially not need to visit the front desk.

My question: does anyone know when I pay my balance? We are planning to use Disney Gift Cards to do it (thanks, Budget Board!). Trying to avoid having it pull from the same card I used for my deposit.

Thanks for any insight you may have. It's been more than 20 years since I was at Caribbean with my mom and dad, and all these years later I'm excited to be going with my kids :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter