Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
(we don't have marshmallows or rice krispies here where I live)

I'll let others who have actually experienced it give you advice about the dining plan but must ask, where do you live? I can't imagine no marshmallows during summer (s'mores, rice krispy squares...)

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I am getting excited for my trip which begins soon, although I won't be at WDW for another month and a half. I have been following updates on the new quick service dining rules, particularly about being able to switch the drink for a rice krispie treat (we don't have marshmallows or rice krispies here where I live). Does anyone know if this is happening yet? If not, I was reading a menu which says that there are smoothies available in the food court. Would they count as the drink component of the quick service meal plan?

I appreciate any enlightenment you may be able to provide :D :D

You may want to ask over on the restaurant board...

Does anyone know what size the beds are in the Pirate rooms? I have heard that these beds are doubles, not queens like in the other moderate level resorts.

Does anyone know what size the beds are in the Pirate rooms? I have heard that these beds are doubles, not queens like in the other moderate level resorts.
The beds in the Pirate rooms are doubles. All of the rest of CBR have queens, just not the Pirate rooms.

Donald-my hero-BEAUTIFUL view! I have been studying the TP website looking for the perfect king bedroom to request and it looks like yours was a winner. How long was the walk to OPR? DH loves to be able to use his refillable mug quite a bit so wants to be close.

I'll let others who have actually experienced it give you advice about the dining plan but must ask, where do you live? I can't imagine no marshmallows during summer (s'mores, rice krispy squares...)

Athens, Greece, and from the looks of it, soon I won't even be able to get French peanut butter which by the way is nothing like American....

I asked here and not on the restaurant board specifically because I was curious about the food court here. I will report back after my trip, because free dining starts the day after I leave the parks :)

Donald-my hero-BEAUTIFUL view! I have been studying the TP website looking for the perfect king bedroom to request and it looks like yours was a winner. How long was the walk to OPR? DH loves to be able to use his refillable mug quite a bit so wants to be close.

Not really the person to ask that question ... when we were at the resort our walking pace was "good grief, could you possibly walk ANY SLOWER!!" It is so gorgeous and relaxing that even when on a "mission" to make some popcorn (my downfall!) or pick up a parcel we would stop and sit on the benches on the island, stare at the water, listen to the music, get into conversations with other guests or CM .. get the picture?? I would venture that i was perhaps farther than a LOT of people would like but for us it was perfect! We had no desire to be close to any "action" and hubby made his own coffee in the room every morning -- coffee snob who brings his own everywhere and uses a french press!

71 days - 71 days... I'm sorry to wish away the summer, but I'm always ready to get back to WDW.

I have NEVER been to the beach (ocean) so I booked CBR this year to get a feel for it.....well July 9, in just 6 days I am going to the beach (ocean) for a few days (4) !

Excited but DH won't be with me. There are 8 of us ladies from work going.

But still. 71 days !!!

71 days - 71 days... I'm sorry to wish away the summer, but I'm always ready to get back to WDW.

I have NEVER been to the beach (ocean) so I booked CBR this year to get a feel for it.....well July 9, in just 6 days I am going to the beach (ocean) for a few days (4) !

Excited but DH won't be with me. There are 8 of us ladies from work going.

But still. 71 days !!!
72 days and counting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter