• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
[

Thanks. I Guess what I mean is that feeling when walking down Main Street at MK. They do an amazing job at transporting you back to the Victorian era in architecture but it has that unmistakable disney atmosphere that permeates. I am not talking about Characters it is just that feeling that keeps everyone running back to Disney World.

When we stay at POR they of course have that put amazing effort into landscaping etc to recreate different aspects of Orleans but it has an unmistakable feeling of Disney World. I love that Disney atmosphere that permeates every part of Disney World. If that makes sense?
Yes that makes sense and I totally agree. Most people on the boards these days equate "Disney theming" or "Disney feel" with the in your face giant icons of the Value resorts. If they don't feel like they're in a cartoon it's not Disney enough for them. Disney Resort theming to me is being transported to a different time or place and feeling right at home. Don't get me wrong, I like the Value resorts too but that's not the only kind of Disney theming.
So yes, CBR has that Disney feel. The landscape is beautiful, the buildings are beautiful, the music fits and the CM's are just as friendly as anywhere in the Caribbean. You won't feel exactly like you're on a Caribbean island but it's as close as you can get without actually being there.

[

Thanks. I Guess what I mean is that feeling when walking down Main Street at MK. They do an amazing job at transporting you back to the Victorian era in architecture but it has that unmistakable disney atmosphere that permeates. I am not talking about Characters it is just that feeling that keeps everyone running back to Disney World.

When we stay at POR they of course have that put amazing effort into landscaping etc to recreate different aspects of Orleans but it has an unmistakable feeling of Disney World. I love that Disney atmosphere that permeates every part of Disney World. If that makes sense?
They have Caribbean Music playing in the resort and over the bridge to OPR. OPR is nicely decorated and has that cool Caribbean feel and ambiance that makes you that Johnny Depp will soon appear. We love this resort. After we left last year for our Anniversary stay, the wife made me book it again.

Yes that makes sense and I totally agree. Most people on the boards these days equate "Disney theming" or "Disney feel" with the in your face giant icons of the Value resorts. If they don't feel like they're in a cartoon it's not Disney enough for them. Disney Resort theming to me is being transported to a different time or place and feeling right at home. Don't get me wrong, I like the Value resorts too but that's not the only kind of Disney theming.
So yes, CBR has that Disney feel. The landscape is beautiful, the buildings are beautiful, the music fits and the CM's are just as friendly as anywhere in the Caribbean. You won't feel exactly like you're on a Caribbean island but it's as close as you can get without actually being there.

Yes, thanks. Exactly what I meant. I am getting excited about this trip to CBR. Sounds like a really nice resort and will not disappoint!

I loved the resort and definitely felt like I was not in the middle of Florida but I have to say I was really tired of hearing the steel drum music after a week. On the bus, on the bridge. It was unexcapable.

99 days ! 99 days! And I get to experience CBR for the first time EVER!

I am so excited to be in double digits! And I'm so happy that My sister in law convinced me to switch to. cBR from POFQ. Don't get me wrong I love POFQ but I think I'm going to love CBR too!

78 days (77 sleeps) We are soon excited We started at AllStar Music, then sports, and then pop A few POFQ and a few POR (which we loved) but we are trying to mix it up and try new things now. I'm excited to CBR it sounds wonderful pirate::rainbow:pirate:

I was wondering for those that have stayed at CBR before does it have a real Disney feel to it? I know that is a strange question. We have stayed at POR the last few years and it has a real magical unmistakable Disney World feel and atmosphere. We love POR but are giving CBR a go because we were able to get the free dining which really helps the affordability of the vacation.

I was so happy to find out that the rooms have been redone and there are queen beds now and a much nicer look to the rooms. I do not understand why the Disney website is not updated to reflect these changes in the pictures.

This is a great thread with some real wonderful information thank you.

If you are looking for giant Mickey Mouse statues, no. CBR isn't very Disney.

If you are looking for the Magic of forgetting you aren't really in the carribean? yes. It's as Disney as it gets. So magical. I felt a million miles away from the busy-ness of the parks and the chaos of every day life. I kept finding myself whispering "Its so beautiful!" Honestly I would argue that CBR felt more "Disney" to me than Art of Animation. True Disney Magic to me isn't the in the obvious but in the detail.

99 days ! 99 days! And I get to experience CBR for the first time EVER!

I am so excited to be in double digits! And I'm so happy that My sister in law convinced me to switch to. cBR from POFQ. Don't get me wrong I love POFQ but I think I'm going to love CBR too!
100 days and counting down. I should be out of my shoulder sling by then. Barely.

115 days for us. Can't wait until we are in double digits. I'm trying very hard not to wish the summer away. I've got plenty of other stuff planned though, so it'll be here before we know it. Can't wait!!

Oooh all this talk of Disney Magic is making me excited.

The ony resort I didn't feel the magic at so far is BLT. Which of course made up for it with a Castle view.

But when entering/leaving the building it just didn't have the sparkle of the other resorts we've stayed in. I think maybe it's because it's themeing is just modern luxury rather than anything else.

Glad to hear such wonderful things about CBR!

I'm here now, have not been to the resort in about 5 years. I will definitely be back, the refurbishment to the rooms is great (I had booked a pirate room, but switched to regular to be closer to the action.
The new mattresses are really great, I never sleep good my first night at a hotel, but slept like a baby last night (arriving at the room at 1:30am after a concert at HOB definitely helped)
The food court breakfast is decent, and the food court is not too jam packed. I'm very impressed with the resort this time around.

I'm here now, have not been to the resort in about 5 years. I will definitely be back, the refurbishment to the rooms is great (I had booked a pirate room, but switched to regular to be closer to the action.
The new mattresses are really great, I never sleep good my first night at a hotel, but slept like a baby last night (arriving at the room at 1:30am after a concert at HOB definitely helped)
The food court breakfast is decent, and the food court is not too jam packed. I'm very impressed with the resort this time around.
Awesome! Thanks for the positive review. We will be there in 25 days!! So excited!:yay:

I finally got a CM on the phone who knew about the allergy request. She asked a lot of questions and submitted some form. I'm so glad. This past week my middle child had a reaction that left his face, eye, lips, and hands swollen.

Will be there starting Monday--wife and child loves it---It will be a surprise for my 10-year old..I have been telling him we are staying at the hotel 6...stop by the pool bar and say hello my child loves the virgin pina coladas...

Does anyone have a picture of the surrey bikes? Has anyone rented one? Can I fit two adults, two 8 year olds, a small 7 year, and a 2 year old in one?

Does anyone have a picture of the surrey bikes? Has anyone rented one? Can I fit two adults, two 8 year olds, a small 7 year, and a 2 year old in one?

We rented quite a few years back..yes, there is plenty of room. Seating for 4 under the "awning" + 2 more on the front of the bike. BUT beware...DH and I found it to hard to peddle him, me & DD4! And we were in shape! Maybe they have lighter weight bikes now...

...but you gotta do it at least once!

I finally got a CM on the phone who knew about the allergy request. She asked a lot of questions and submitted some form. I'm so glad. This past week my middle child had a reaction that left his face, eye, lips, and hands swollen.
I'm glad you finally got that straightened out. Definitely sounds like you need that deep cleaning for sure!

Will be there starting Monday--wife and child loves it---It will be a surprise for my 10-year old..I have been telling him we are staying at the hotel 6...stop by the pool bar and say hello my child loves the virgin pina coladas...
I love surprises! Watching a kid light up when they find out is priceless! I say "light up" but, that can come in many ways. We went for Christmas last year and when we were leaving MK on our last night, I told DS12 to turn around and look at the castle on the way out. He thought I was going to tell him to say goodbye. I told him "no, look at it...he did and then I replied with...you can look at it again tomorrow because I added another day!" He immediately started crying hard because he was so happy. You should have seen the looks we got from people thinking he was totally sad because he was crying. We finally walked to the bus stop for CBR and lo and behold one of the families that looked at us like we were horrible was there. We explained to them what had happened and boy did they feel better about us then. :rotfl2:

We rented quite a few years back..yes, there is plenty of room. Seating for 4 under the "awning" + 2 more on the front of the bike. BUT beware...DH and I found it to hard to peddle him, me & DD4! And we were in shape! Maybe they have lighter weight bikes now...

...but you gotta do it at least once!

Those two 8 year olds definitely have me worried they are both huge.

I'm glad you finally got that straightened out. Definitely sounds like you need that deep cleaning for sure!

It was so crazy. He has asthma but never anything like this before. My oldest's face will peel horribly if exposed to an allergy. I want to minimize my chances at having any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter