• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you booked preferred, you are going to be very close to OPR and the main pool. Every village has it's own bus stop plus there's one at OPR so you'll be very close to multiple bus stop. Any of the 3 preferred buildings in Martinique will be extremely close to OPR and the main pool and Trinidad North 31 is also extremely close. If you check out the map in post #1 you'll see what I mean.
Awesome thanks! ☺️

It all depends on which entrance the buses use. If they use the side entrance, the first stop will be Jamaica, followed by Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, Old Port Royale, Trinidad North and Trinidad South. If they use the front entrance, the first stop will be Martinique, followed by Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba and then Barbados.
So do specific buses take different entrances? Say.... does MK bus enter through the side? etc.... Or is it a matter of choice by the driver and traffic??

Tried finding this info on this thread but was unable to... please forgive me if it's already covered. It's a long thread! Trying to decide whether it is worth renting a car. So... if we wanted to make RD at MK, what time would we need to leave if traveling by car? And what time would we need to be at the bus stop for the Disney bus? I know the usual rule of thumb is plan for an hour, but CBR is so big, wondering if we'd need more time.

Tried finding this info on this thread but was unable to... please forgive me if it's already covered. It's a long thread! Trying to decide whether it is worth renting a car. So... if we wanted to make RD at MK, what time would we need to leave if traveling by car? And what time would we need to be at the bus stop for the Disney bus? I know the usual rule of thumb is plan for an hour, but CBR is so big, wondering if we'd need more time.

No need to read through the entire thread. The first 2 pages will answer just about every question you could have.

We have had a car with us multiple times and it never moves until we check out. We have never felt the need for a car. Driving to MK is especially problematic because you don't park anywhere near the MK entrance. You have to park at the Ticket and Transportation Center, take a Tram to the front and take the monorail or boat to the front gate. I would allow 45 minutes to an hour for that. Then you have to reverse that process when you leave MK. We always get to the bus stop at CBR an hour before rope drop and have never missed one and I don't have to drive.

This will be our first stay at CBR. We usually stay at POP. We will be there 06/23-06/28 and have read a lot of info on the room refurbs, but can not get any info on how many of the rooms contain the additional pull down bed. We are a family of 4 with two of the 4 being siblings that do not care to share a bed. Does anyone know if I would have needed to request this and is it standard in certain rooms only. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

This will be our first stay at CBR. We usually stay at POP. We will be there 06/23-06/28 and have read a lot of info on the room refurbs, but can not get any info on how man of the rooms contain the additional pull down bed. We are a family of 4 with two of the 4 being siblings that do not care to share a bed. Does anyone know if I would have needed to request this and is it standard in certain rooms only. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

If you're not a family of 5 you will have to request a room with a Murphy Bed. Every building/category, except the Pirate Themed rooms, have rooms with Murphy Beds.

Thank you Dansdad!

I could do this by calling the reservation line-correct?

You're welcome!

Yup. And you can call to add your request any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days prior to your arrival. Rooms are assigned 2-3 days prior so you want your requests in before then for sure.

You're welcome!

Yup. And you can call to add your request any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days prior to your arrival. Rooms are assigned 2-3 days prior so you want your requests in before then for sure.

If you call in the request is it worth doing the online check in and requesting it again? I was told by a CM that if you make requests while doing online check in it will negate the requests that were made when calling in. I don't usually bother with online check in but was considering doing it this time because we would really like the murphy bed (family of 4) and Jamaica bldg. #45.

No need to read through the entire thread. The first 2 pages will answer just about every question you could have.

We have had a car with us multiple times and it never moves until we check out. We have never felt the need for a car. Driving to MK is especially problematic because you don't park anywhere near the MK entrance. You have to park at the Ticket and Transportation Center, take a Tram to the front and take the monorail or boat to the front gate. I would allow 45 minutes to an hour for that. Then you have to reverse that process when you leave MK. We always get to the bus stop at CBR an hour before rope drop and have never missed one and I don't have to drive.

This is very helpful. Thanks!

If you call in the request is it worth doing the online check in and requesting it again? I was told by a CM that if you make requests while doing online check in it will negate the requests that were made when calling in. I don't usually bother with online check in but was considering doing it this time because we would really like the murphy bed (family of 4) and Jamaica bldg. #45.

Because the options for room requests during online check in are predetermined and limited, I always recommend calling in any room requests. And then just skipping the room request section during online check in. I too have heard if you have any requests added to your reservation via phone and then make requests during online check in the phoned in ones will be overwritten and erased.

And whether you do online check in or not has zero affect on whether you'll get your requests granted.

Because the options for room requests during online check in are predetermined and limited, I always recommend calling in any room requests. And then just skipping the room request section during online check in. I too have heard if you have any requests added to your reservation via phone and then make requests during online check in the phoned in ones will be overwritten and erased.

And whether you do online check in or not has zero affect on whether you'll get your requests granted.
Perfect! I did not realize you could skip the request area so I will probably do the online check in and leave my requests as is (there is not option to request the extra murphy bed so I don't want that to fall off!)

Time to make it official!! (I may be the most prolific lurker on the boards.) We'll be at CBR June 9-17. This is our first time at CBR and everyone is really excited.

We'll be there from the 8th-19th of June, and we're first-timers as well. CSR is our "home", but we're all excited to check out CBR!

I'll be here in 9 days! 4/17-4/19 taking my oldest nephew on a short trip and he picked CBR. I've never stayed here so I'm excited!

On the resort map on page one what is the "bird symbol" by Trinidad North and the "flower symbol" by Trinidad South?

Are you referring to the symbols near/in the water? If so, I am sure that are just there to let you know that there are plenty of flora and fauna around the resort.

We booked a preferred room for 1st week of November, I was planning 2016 but we had such a life changing few months you realize that childhood memories need to be made as often as possible. My DD 7 recently battled bacterial meningitis and by the grace of God recovered. She has experienced after effects of joint/muscle pain and can't walk as much or tolerate much of it without pain, but we have been talking about a return trip since her 1st time 2yrs ago. We planned hoping it's not too hot nor too cold, and we can rest as much as she needs.
I will try to ask for a 1st flr room, but what building should we request to be near bus and main pool? Specific room if you have an idea. TIA. ☺️

Happy to hear that your daughter has recovered! If you have booked a preferred room location, you will be close to the main pool and Old Port Royale. If you want to make a building request, I'd suggest Martinique 25 or 26 and Trinidad North 31. They are the closest buildings to OPR.

So do specific buses take different entrances? Say.... does MK bus enter through the side? etc.... Or is it a matter of choice by the driver and traffic??

In all of our stays there, I've never been able to determine a real "pattern" to the routes other than what was posted. I used to think that maybe all MK buses come through the front entrance but then I'd see one come in from the side. It may all depend on where the bus was at the time that they were told to go to the CBR.

We drive from Louisiana to Walt Disney World so we have a car at our disposal. Once we get the car unpacked, we drive it to a parking spot and it doesn't move until two weeks later when we are repacking it to go home.
In my opinion, the walks and size of the resort aren't a big deal at all. It wasn't a big deal for my mother who has been four times (at the ages of 76,77, 78 and 79). If you were to travel by car to the Magic Kingdom, you would have to drive there, park at the TTC, wait for a ferry boat or monorail and then enter the park. If going by bus, you'd be dropped off outside the gates of the park. It has never taken us an hour to get anywhere on Disney property via bus including wait times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter