Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 33 days left til our trip (April 25-29). Can't wait.

A993F508-18F8-4A0C-9F35-E75EF0BC19EB_zpsgdyjfefp.jpg

Last year at CBR relaxing in the hammocks.

great pic! :)

Hi all!

So what tends to be regular pool hours during summer? Because we will be there June 23-June 27, but we will be in the parks all day for all days except the 27th. We could swim in the morning too, but I would also love to enjoy the pool at night after a long day in the parks. Will they be open past 9:30PM-10PM do you think?

Also, how likely would we be able to do a late check out on the 27th for just a couple of hours? I know it's the summer and it's a busy time, but we would really love to have a relaxing last day swimming.

Thanks!

Hi all!

So what tends to be regular pool hours during summer? Because we will be there June 23-June 27, but we will be in the parks all day for all days except the 27th. We could swim in the morning too, but I would also love to enjoy the pool at night after a long day in the parks. Will they be open past 9:30PM-10PM do you think?!

Pool hours during peak swimming season last year were 9AM-11PM.

Also, how likely would we be able to do a late check out on the 27th for just a couple of hours? I know it's the summer and it's a busy time, but we would really love to have a relaxing last day swimming.

Thanks!

Hard to say as it all depends on occupancy. You can call housekeeping the night before and see if you can have late check out. If they agree, you will have until 1:00PM. If they say no, you can still have a relaxing last day at the pool. We do this all the time, there's locker rooms at the pool with showers etc.

Also how comfy are the murphy beds? Because I'll be the one sleeping in it mostly likely lol

Pool hours during peak swimming season last year were 9AM-11PM.

Hard to say as it all depends on occupancy. You can call housekeeping the night before and see if you can have late check out. If they agree, you will have until 1:00PM. If they say no, you can still have a relaxing last day at the pool. We do this all the time, there's locker rooms at the pool with showers etc.
Oh there are locker rooms with showers??? That's amazing! So honestly we wouldn't need to have late check out!

Thanks so much!! :)

Hello everyone. This is my first post! We are staying at CBR this April during a very busy time of year. When we were there years ago and staying at Trinidad (can't remember North or South), in the morning the buses to the parks would be filled prior to getting to our stop and would drive right past without stopping. People were so upset we thought there was going to be a riot. Does anyone know if this is a continuing problem?

Welcome to the DIS and to the CBR thread! We have been to the resort many times and have never seen the buses so full that they couldn't pick up guests. Yikes! Trinidad South is all pirate rooms so unless you are booked in a pirate room, you won't be staying in that particular village. Trinidad North is all preferred rooms. The bus route depends on the entrance that the buses use. If they use the main entrance, the first bus stop would be Martinique followed by Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba and, lastly, Barbados. If they come in using the side entrance, the first bus stop would be Jamaica, Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, Old Port Royale Triniad North and Trinidad South.

If, for some reason, the buses are too full and don't stop at your bus stop, there's a phone in the bus stop that you can use to call and let them know the issue.

Oh there are locker rooms with showers??? That's amazing! So honestly we wouldn't need to have late check out!

Thanks so much!! :)

Yep, there are locker rooms near the main pool.

Thanks everyone! We got our room on military discount and I've been reading so many bad reviews... but now I'm also reading all of the good reviews and they make me feel much better. :)

Are the murphy beds comfortable? Has anyone here slept on them yet?

Do water-view rooms count as "preferred rooms"? We are booked for a water-view, but I'm wondering what our options are as far as building requests go.

Thanks everyone! We got our room on military discount and I've been reading so many bad reviews... but now I'm also reading all of the good reviews and they make me feel much better. :)

I know that several Disers have stayed in the rooms with the murphy beds and I don't remember anyone coming back to post that they were uncomfortable. Hopefully, someone will chime in and confirm this.

Do water-view rooms count as "preferred rooms"? We are booked for a water-view, but I'm wondering what our options are as far as building requests go.

Water view rooms are located all over the resort and can be a view of either a pool or the lake. Preferred rooms are a different bookable category.

Hi, I am new to posting but can you please put me in for August 23-29th. We have been to WDW many times but this will be our first time at CB. We are super excited!

In most of the pictures I have seen the beaches are always empty(Disney and Guest photos). Is this the norm or are people waiting for them to empty to take pictures?

In most of the pictures I have seen the beaches are always empty(Disney and Guest photos). Is this the norm or are people waiting for them to empty to take pictures?

I know I only take pictures of them when they're empty, or with just my family.

Hey guys...Im baaaack... ok so talk about resort changers anon....booked the Music Resort...then changed to Port Orleans...then changed to Art of Animation..but guess where I find myself coming back too....yup..CBR. I dont know why I bother going through all the other places..I always come back here lol. This year for the first time in ages we are not going in May...we are going to try September instead. Reservation is still sitting with AOA but guaranteed by the end of the week it will be CBR.

Hey guys...Im baaaack... ok so talk about resort changers anon....booked the Music Resort...then changed to Port Orleans...then changed to Art of Animation..but guess where I find myself coming back too....yup..CBR. I dont know why I bother going through all the other places..I always come back here lol. This year for the first time in ages we are not going in May...we are going to try September instead. Reservation is still sitting with AOA but guaranteed by the end of the week it will be CBR.

Whoohoo! Welcome back!

Never slept in one but they are shorter than a normal bed and the mattress is fairly thin. They are smaller than a twin bed and Disney officially recommends them for guests 11 and under. They would definately be small for an adult. But kids in our group that slept in them said they were comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter