Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting conflicting answers on transportation thread so thought I'd ask here in case someone knows.

Using Disney bus, what is the quickest way to transfer from AoA to CBR? Looks like HS is the closest park-would it be there?

Had planned on transferring through Downtown Disney but in that plan we don't get over to CBR until 4:00. I'm thinking we will want to buzz over there earlier to try to secure room requests and luggage transfer.

I know you asked for Disney bus, BUT 2 weeks ago we transferred from AllStars Music using a cab. It only cost us $17 INCLUDING tip and was quick. We took our luggage with us and left it with the bell services. AoA is just down the road from CBR so i doubt it would cost much more than we paid.

We did find that the trip from Studios was the quickest. Coming from & going to DTD seemed to take forever in our opinion. Have a great trip :thumbsup2

I did see the trucks and refurb furniture only when going for bus or car to parks other than this unnoticeable but I would have not been happy to get an older room if I were there. I think the laundrys need s refurb where credit card or room card accepted as payment as did see few guests peeved at lack of change machine me functioning and to be honest the machines are not good - refurb did not impact my stay re noise or ambience

Bektasmic said:
Getting conflicting answers on transportation thread so thought I'd ask here in case someone knows.

Using Disney bus, what is the quickest way to transfer from AoA to CBR? Looks like HS is the closest park-would it be there?

Had planned on transferring through Downtown Disney but in that plan we don't get over to CBR until 4:00. I'm thinking we will want to buzz over there earlier to try to secure room requests and luggage transfer.

I also suggest taking a taxi. I switched from swan and dolphin to Poly one year, the taxi was quick, easy, and cheap. The front desk can easily get you a taxi. It should be a very minimal cost to you since AoA and CBR are 5 mins at most driving distance. If you take a bus, HS would probably be the quickest.

need to bump this thread, so...

...making my to-do list for the final 30 days (less than!!!!) and I want to set a reminder to fax over our building request...we check in on the 14th of Dec. should I send it on the 9th or 10th? thoughts?

Anyone else at CBR currently having housekeeping issues/general room issues? We're in Jamaica 41, checked in on the 9th. We checked in first thing in the am, they said they'd text when room was ready. Never got a text. Finally called from Epcot late in the day and were told it was ready but Bell Services could not take our luggage to the room unless we called from the room to request it. It took almost an hour after we called from the room for bags to be delivered...not good with tired kids! Then the housekeepers keep not bringing toilet paper. Twice we've run out and today even though the roll was empty they didn't replace it and we had to call to request it. I hate to complain and normally love CBR but this is not what I expect! DH is mad enough about all the issues he doesn't want to stay here again (which I hate because it's my favorite moderate!)

Anyone else at CBR currently having housekeeping issues/general room issues? We're in Jamaica 41, checked in on the 9th. We checked in first thing in the am, they said they'd text when room was ready. Never got a text. Finally called from Epcot late in the day and were told it was ready but Bell Services could not take our luggage to the room unless we called from the room to request it. It took almost an hour after we called from the room for bags to be delivered...not good with tired kids! Then the housekeepers keep not bringing toilet paper. Twice we've run out and today even though the roll was empty they didn't replace it and we had to call to request it. I hate to complain and normally love CBR but this is not what I expect! DH is mad enough about all the issues he doesn't want to stay here again (which I hate because it's my favorite moderate!)
I would request to speak to a manager if you're having issues like that that aren't being resolved.

I would request to speak to a manager if you're having issues like that that aren't being resolved.

We plan to. I was just curious if it was just us or more widespread. I know the CM we talked to about the room notification text said the person who was responsible for sending them didn't and they actually had a group meeting about it, so I know that affected more than just us.

We plan to. I was just curious if it was just us or more widespread. I know the CM we talked to about the room notification text said the person who was responsible for sending them didn't and they actually had a group meeting about it, so I know that affected more than just us.

We are in Jamaica 42 with a great mousekeeper! No issues here!

Just checked in and waiting for our luggage to arrive.....checked in online, faxed and called request for second floor aruba or jamaica and got first floor babados - not one request filled :(

When we were there in Sept we had two separate incidents with housekeeping. One was no toilet paper too! We had to wait an HOUR for some to be delivered & it was a night we had gotten back late from the parks. Another night we come back to our room to find it had not been serviced!! Our kids had soiled their sheets & we had to request new bedsheets & wait for delivery. Not fun having to make my kid's beds after returning from MNSSHP.

If u are a hot tub lover like myself the hot tubs at main pool were usually empty until 10.30 -11 am and always very nice and hot goodvibes Imho. This is one of Disneys most relaxing resorts if not *the*!- it never felt busy other than food court and I had a lot of space and privacy on beach hammocks and quiet pool and loves seats on caribbean cay. :beach:

This... I like :)

They didn't give us shampoo or any kind of soap. That goodness we brought a bar down...
But we're in a totally different area, and not receiving proper items for our room. We'll see how she does tonight.

I am loving the new thread. I read the updates everyday and needed a book mark. :) 10 weeks = 70 days = 1680 Hours.

We checked in first thing in the am, they said they'd text when room was ready. Never got a text.

We've had this same problem at Grand Floridian and Port Orleans Riverside. I think it's a Disney system issue, not a CBR issue.

Where do I find bb info? I don't see it in the info on the table

It's inside the booklet thingy with all the information that's in your room. I think it's close to the TV but I can't remember. I can post the details tomorrow. I have them saved as a document at work.

Arriving tomorrow. Requested Martinique when I made the reservation, but checked Barbados near transportation when I did online check in. Will online check in trump original request? I hope so since I really would like a refurbished room and near custom house since we will have early magic express when leaving.

We've had this same problem at Grand Floridian and Port Orleans Riverside. I think it's a Disney system issue, not a CBR issue. It's inside the booklet thingy with all the information that's in your room. I think it's close to the TV but I can't remember. I can post the details tomorrow. I have them saved as a document at work.

Thanks!! I can't seem to find it in the midst of our tornado!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter