Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought our plane tickets for July!!!!!! I can't wait. Now we are researching the different resorts and awaiting the discounts to come out. I have stayed at many of the different resorts. I stayed at CBR in 2000 and loved it. A few years ago, we stayed at YC and loved that as well. Last time we went, we stayed in the Little Mermaid rooms in Art of Animation and my girls had a blast. So I'm looking to stay at the CBR again in July. My question is, how long of a walk is the standard rooms from OPR. The Little Mermaid rooms were a 5-10 min walk from the main building at Art of Animation, and that was bearable. Do you feel safe walking around the resort at night? Was it well lit?
We stayed at Art of Animation in July and the pool was crowded, but it was fine and we were never annoyed by it. Do you think the main pool at CBR gets too overly crowded? The rooms will all be finished by the time I go in July, do you think they will still be offering discounts? I'm hoping it doesn't become so popular that they stop the discounts like they did with the Little Mermaid rooms. Sorry for all the questions. I'm super excited to plan this trip.

We were there in September, in Jamaica 43, and the walk to OPR was about 5 mins. The resort felt very safe, even at night, and never crowded. I can't really speak to July crowd levels, but I believe the resort was close to capacity (though the refurb may have reduced numbers some) and it never felt crowded to me. We loved our stay and booked a bounceback for next fall. :cool1:

Lisa,

Could you please add us on the roll call? December 21-Jan 1 Free Dining!

First time staying at CBR!

Looking forward to the refurbished rooms and a new Disney experience!

Thanks!

My husband has an inflammatory spine condition and often uses a hot pack to help. I'm wondering if there might be a microwave at the food court or somewhere else that we could use to heat it up? I think he's really going to need this with all the walking at the parks.

My husband has an inflammatory spine condition and often uses a hot pack to help. I'm wondering if there might be a microwave at the food court or somewhere else that we could use to heat it up? I think he's really going to need this with all the walking at the parks.

Yes, there is a microwave in Old Port Royale Area. Pictures are back on page 1-2.

Reading this thread has made me want to stay here! I just booked for Jan. 31- Feb. 4, 2015. Please add us to the roll call. I'm looking forward to the pool, the beautiful landscaping, and eating at Shutters which has gotten some good reviews lately.

I almost feel like I'm cheating on CBR since we booked our next stay (late August 2015) at the Beach Club. :rotfl2: We normally stay at CBR - and we will miss it. However, there is a travel agency that has special packages for a 3-week window and our stay is falling right in the middle of that timeframe. The special package is only for deluxe resorts and includes a bonus on the tickets (1 admission to the water parks or Disney Quest - without getting the add-on)...for less than a stay at a moderate. I guess we'll have to wait until the following trip to check out the new rooms.

Please add me to the roll call for April 17-26 2015!

Reading the thread is getting me so excited but it is so far away still! Thanks for the awesome description of everything!!

Just a heads up - I also had to change room choices because of an accessibility issue for my son. When guest services made the change I lost ALL of my Fast Passes!! After the mini heart attack, I spent 2 1/2 days working with the IT ppl to get them back. (they were awesome by the way but couldn't get me Toy Story back - they gave me a code to submit to guest services at the park to get a free FP) If you do switch, make a print out of your current reservation first and then check to make sure everything is transferred correctly. I don't know if this was a glitch but IT said it was because of the room change.

Please add me to the roll call for April 17-26 2015!

Reading the thread is getting me so excited but it is so far away still! Thanks for the awesome description of everything!!

The time will seem to drag, but oddly it will be here before you know it...less than a month for me, but been reading this thread (well, it's ancestor actually since we booked in June) and it has helped pass the time.

Just a heads up - I also had to change room choices because of an accessibility issue for my son. When guest services made the change I lost ALL of my Fast Passes!! After the mini heart attack, I spent 2 1/2 days working with the IT ppl to get them back. (they were awesome by the way but couldn't get me Toy Story back - they gave me a code to submit to guest services at the park to get a free FP) If you do switch, make a print out of your current reservation first and then check to make sure everything is transferred correctly. I don't know if this was a glitch but IT said it was because of the room change.

Yikes! well, at least they had a reason...I was checking mine habitually for a few weeks looking to make the times even better when one day, for one specific day, all my FP's changed to different rides at different time...had lost everything. THey did get me two back at similar times, but could get me a 7DMT back so also gave me a 4th FP that can be booked that day...then about a week later I snagged a 7DMT again, so am up one extra FP...but can understand how hard it is to have planned and booked specific one only to have them disappear.

We were there July 2nd to 23rd this year and the main pool was never too crowded. Quiet pools too were very quiet with just a few families in. Also the resort is well lit and feels very safe. we were in Martinique 23 and this was approximately 5 minutes from OPR, we thought the location was great for a standard room but also walked to all of the other buildings and none seemed too far from main pool and OPR. We all LOVED CBR and can't wait to be back next year. Enjoy !

Thank you so much for your information. Now hopefully there will be some good discounts coming out and I can book!! :)

Not flavoured BUT they do sell a larger container of French Vanilla Coffeemate (some other flavour as well) in the gift shop .. it's in the fridge by the cash at the back of the store. Hubby used that for his coffee in the room and was a very happy camper!

Awesome! Will just buy that and skip packing the little ones. Kept picturing them exploding in my luggage!

Getting conflicting answers on transportation thread so thought I'd ask here in case someone knows.

Using Disney bus, what is the quickest way to transfer from AoA to CBR? Looks like HS is the closest park-would it be there?

Had planned on transferring through Downtown Disney but in that plan we don't get over to CBR until 4:00. I'm thinking we will want to buzz over there earlier to try to secure room requests and luggage transfer.

Any luck in getting a refurbished room at the end of April, beginning of May? Will probably be in a preferred area.

Fantastic 14 nights at cbr -

Building 45 - I had paid for water and request was Jamaica as I love the colors of buildings here.

5 mins lovely walk over Caribbean cay to old port royal, short walk to car park and bus stop and also to quiet pool which was heavenly and beach and hammocks where I lay most mornings when lazy family slept.

Loved room refurb and new beds comfy bit not the best I've slept in. Room cleaning first class I did tip. Landscaping still gorgeous, less wildlife than 9 years ago when we first stayed. Food court manic after 8 am and breakfast very low quality and unimaginative in my opinion, but I cook a lot and have high standards. Lunch and dinner far better lovely pasta chicken Parmesan, shrimp curry etc. I stuck to cheese Danish and guava cheese danish for breakfast. Bacon slices have got thinner over past few years lol. Never mind not a huge breakfast eater anyhow. table cleaners at food court v friendly and staff serving food mostly lovely. Did notice few patrons giving them a hard time though. :grouphug:
I think they manage the food court amazingly given turnover of guests. Buses were hit and miss sometimes 3 mk buses in a row came when waiting for eg hs. But we were in the sunshine and had a car so no disaster. Would highly recommend to ANYone .I love this resort more than POR and that to me is a magical place. Magic bands were perfect No errors or issues as with room charging and Fp + - guests here were polite and courteous unlike some park guests who changed nappies at eating areas and allowed kids to swing on poles on monorail doors scaring the life out of me and allowing kids to attack bird wildlife. I would return in a heartbeat but I want to try other resorts for my bucket list I will be able to upload photos soon :goodvibes

Thank you so much for your information. Now hopefully there will be some good discounts coming out and I can book!! :)

What we always do is book the stay, and then keep an eye out for the discounts and call up to have them applied (call right away to make sure they aren't all taken)...but that's the way I like to do it.

Any luck in getting a refurbished room at the end of April, beginning of May? Will probably be in a preferred area.

The work permit for the refurb is only good until sometime in May...so they should be almost done, if not completely done by the beginning of May.

If u are a hot tub lover like myself the hot tubs at main pool were usually empty until 10.30 -11 am and always very nice and hot goodvibes Imho. This is one of Disneys most relaxing resorts if not *the*!- it never felt busy other than food court and I had a lot of space and privacy on beach hammocks and quiet pool and loves seats on caribbean cay. :beach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter