Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna find all my resort pics & upload them to Photobucket soon Lisa. BUT we came home to what we thought would be a resolved "issue" and last night we walked in to find that the main living area now stinks as well :furious: So off i go to do more major cleaning to gain access to more walls that need to be ripped down!!!

Nah, not fair to tease you here's a couple
2 shots of room before we "destroyed" it

Space under/around sinks.

Space around/above clothes hangy-spot. (take particular note of the 4 ponchos that NEVER got worn & the sunscreen that we emptied!

2 of the views we had out of our windows (yupper corner room!)

I'll post more later.

Ugggggh not the "issue" again. :faint: Hope it gets over and done with soon.

Thanks for the pictures!

So, did you book water view or were you upgraded?

My family will be at CBR on december 12th we are going for my sons birthday i stayed at cbr in 1995 or so when we went in 2010 we stayed a pop i cant wait for my family to see the diffrence.Does anyone know if we had it marked on are reservation that its my sons birthday will they do anything special?

I'd make a notation that it's his birthday. At the very least, they should have a Happy Birthday Celebration pin in your check-in packet.

I called to ask for sumtin else and had our anniversary noted on our reservation. When we got to our room we had a "message" from Mickey & Minnie Mouse singing Happy Anniversary! Super cute

Lisa, nope i just booked a KING room. On my on-line check-in checked off Jamaica & upper floor. Then i called and added "away from Smoking area due to asthma" When we arrived at 6:45 a.m. (who were we kidding that we would actually sleep the night before :rotfl2:) we chatted up the CM who was checking us in and i think she just worked some magic! We already knew it would be 2nd floor of Jamaica 42 when she handed us the paper but no room had been assigned yet. When we got back to the resort after a full day at MK we stopped in to find out our actual room number and then wandered the maze of rooms
till we stumbled on this gem

Sorry that I missed your earlier post. We have been at the resort when the baseball players/teams were there. They had them all in one village so it really didn't disrupt the resort too much. I know that Kathy's son's team stayed at the CBR and that's the same thing that they did....stayed in one village. I would assume that the same would apply to the cheer groups.

No problem Lisa! Thank You! Just trying to figure out the best time to go! It looks like we just might be stating at CBR after all! Like you said, if they are more than likely all in one village, than it shouldn't be an issue. Just hope the parks don't get too busy. We were also maybe thinking about going the week after Easter, around April 14. But not sure how crowds are at that time. We can't go any later in May so that's not an option :-/

Those who stayed in a refurbished room, did you get to sleep on the drop down bed? It looks kind of uncomfortable & not too big! Lol!

deedeew80 said:
Those who stayed in a refurbished room, did you get to sleep on the drop down bed? It looks kind of uncomfortable & not too big! Lol!

Someone just posted a couple of pages back that their 5'5" child fit on it but just barely and that it was quite comfy.

So I am assuming that both hot tubs are in the main pool area, and there is a fence around it to prevent you from using it? That totally sucks, we don't get back from the parks until late, and I was looking forward to the hot tub when we got back. :(

Yes, there were new Disney wide pool rules that went into affect Nov. 2013.

The plus is that the slides are open until 11pm instead of 8pm with lifeguards on duty, but the minus is no more late night hot tubbing.

I wouldn't be too upset about not getting into the hot tub. When we were there it was always full to the brim. Seemed to me that the ratio of children to adults was very "child-heavy". Not what i would call a place to relax.

I wouldn't be too upset about not getting into the hot tub. When we were there it was always full to the brim. Seemed to me that the ratio of children to adults was very "child-heavy". Not what i would call a place to relax.

I think that's why they wanted to hot tub at midnight after all the kids are in bed. ;)

I called to ask for sumtin else and had our anniversary noted on our reservation. When we got to our room we had a "message" from Mickey & Minnie Mouse singing Happy Anniversary! Super cute

Lisa, nope i just booked a KING room. On my on-line check-in checked off Jamaica & upper floor. Then i called and added "away from Smoking area due to asthma" When we arrived at 6:45 a.m. (who were we kidding that we would actually sleep the night before :rotfl2:) we chatted up the CM who was checking us in and i think she just worked some magic! We already knew it would be 2nd floor of Jamaica 42 when she handed us the paper but no room had been assigned yet. When we got back to the resort after a full day at MK we stopped in to find out our actual room number and then wandered the maze of roomshttp://s107.photobucket.com/user/donald-my-hero/media/CBR/IMG_0987.jpg.html
till we stumbled on this gem
http://s107.photobucket.com/user/donald-my-hero/media/CBR/IMG_0990.jpg.html

What # did you call about being away from smoking areas? I tried to do the same thing earlier this week and got transferred 2x with no end result.

I stayed at CBR this last weekend and got to see one of the newly refurbished rooms. I was very impressed. The king-bed rooms have a lot of space and the color scheme is relaxing. They told me they would start refurbishing the Preferred rooms in January.

I stayed at CBR this last weekend and got to see one of the newly refurbished rooms. I was very impressed. The king-bed rooms have a lot of space and the color scheme is relaxing. They told me they would start refurbishing the Preferred rooms in January.

Thank you so much for the update! I'll be adding the refurb info to the first page.

Checked into Jamaica today! Played in pool and tried to get the kids to sleep early. Heard what I thought was upstairs neighbors and was about to get mad when I realized it was the Epcot fireworks!!

Someone just posted a couple of pages back that their 5'5" child fit on it but just barely and that it was quite comfy.

That was me! Tomorrow I'll be glad to take some pics of him on it if you like. No one in our room is actually sleeping in it, but my son said it was comfortable.

Checked into Jamaica today! Played in pool and tried to get the kids to sleep early. Heard what I thought was upstairs neighbors and was about to get mad when I realized it was the Epcot fireworks!!

Just bought our plane tickets for July!!!!!! I can't wait. Now we are researching the different resorts and awaiting the discounts to come out. I have stayed at many of the different resorts. I stayed at CBR in 2000 and loved it. A few years ago, we stayed at YC and loved that as well. Last time we went, we stayed in the Little Mermaid rooms in Art of Animation and my girls had a blast. So I'm looking to stay at the CBR again in July. My question is, how long of a walk is the standard rooms from OPR. The Little Mermaid rooms were a 5-10 min walk from the main building at Art of Animation, and that was bearable. Do you feel safe walking around the resort at night? Was it well lit?
We stayed at Art of Animation in July and the pool was crowded, but it was fine and we were never annoyed by it. Do you think the main pool at CBR gets too overly crowded? The rooms will all be finished by the time I go in July, do you think they will still be offering discounts? I'm hoping it doesn't become so popular that they stop the discounts like they did with the Little Mermaid rooms. Sorry for all the questions. I'm super excited to plan this trip.

Makes you appreciate how close to EPCOT you are when the fireworks are that loud in your room. Have a great trip! :)

It sure does! Is there anywhere to see them from here? Epcot is the plan today but not sure the kids will make it to the fireworks.

Hi everyone! So excited to have my 2015 trip booked!

If you could please add me to the roll call: check-in Sept 11 check out Sept 26.

Doing the happy dance here!
:cheer2: :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter