Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for starting the new site. This has been so helpful. We leave in 1 week and I would not be feeling so prepared to go. I'm a little of a control freak and "over planner", but I feel that being armed with information allows me to really relax and enjoy the vacation once I am there. I know it must take a lot of work and time, so again, I thank mickeystoontown for the current thread, and all the past developers. I can't wait to leave next Friday and enjoy the trip :love:

Under the two week mark!!! Thanks for putting this new thread together and for all the information from everyone on this and the old thread, really looking forward to my first stay at CBR.

Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow. 24 hours from now I will be on my flight. Now I need to get through this workday.

Thank you for starting the new site. This has been so helpful. We leave in 1 week and I would not be feeling so prepared to go. I'm a little of a control freak and "over planner", but I feel that being armed with information allows me to really relax and enjoy the vacation once I am there. I know it must take a lot of work and time, so again, I thank mickeystoontown for the current thread, and all the past developers. I can't wait to leave next Friday and enjoy the trip :love:

Under the two week mark!!! Thanks for putting this new thread together and for all the information from everyone on this and the old thread, really looking forward to my first stay at CBR.

Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow. 24 hours from now I will be on my flight. Now I need to get through this workday.

5 more days!!! Just faxed in our room requests!! :cheer2::cool1::cheer2::cool1:

So happy for all of you!! :thumbsup2 Hope you all have as wonderful a time as we had at CBR!! Mbuksa, I am totally with you on the overplanning... but I felt so rewarded with our great room locations at CBR last week and the way our FPs worked out! It was worth all the faxes, phone calls, and time online making plans and doing research. Which is what these threads are for... still so thankful for the ability to see pictures, get info, and ask questions here. It made all the difference for our family of 7.

The only thing that keeps me smiling right now is the memories... AND the fact that after going to WDW for years, we finally bit the bullet and are now AP holders!! Woohoo.... time to start planning the next trip. :banana::banana::banana:

I'm so excited about the newest CBR thread!! Thanks for all your hard work in compiling information and graphics.

We were planning on staying at the POP, just us 4, but now that the CBR resort has a fold-down bed, we are going to stay there and invite my mom with us!!

I've always wanted to stay at CBR, and I think the kids will really like the Castaway Cay playground, and the walk from Jamaica/Aruba to the main pool area.

I actually prefer to stay at Jamaice or Aruba, and I love there are bus tops at all of the main areas! That is so great!!

Woot excited for our September trip!! :banana:

I have a preferred room booked for December and had requested Martinique. I am nervous about the preferred rooms not being refurbished in time. My husband is 6' 4". I think I may play it safe and try to downgrade now. Since he is really not a walker I was wondering if Aruba/Jamaica may be closer to OPR with the footbridge than Barbados?

I have a preferred room booked for December and had requested Martinique. I am nervous about the preferred rooms not being refurbished in time. My husband is 6' 4". I think I may play it safe and try to downgrade now. Since he is really not a walker I was wondering if Aruba/Jamaica may be closer to OPR with the footbridge than Barbados?

Aruba and Jamaica are definitely closer than Barbados, especially Aruba 51 and Jamaica 45. You may not be able to downgrade at this point now, since several people here have mentioned having to book preferred or pirate rooms as standard was booked for their dates already. You can try though!

Well I just tried to downgrade my preferred room for December 18 to 26th. Only Pirate Rooms are available, so left it as is and added a request for a queen bed along in case they get to the rest of Martinique before I get there.
I think my husband would dislike the walk more than the bed size.

Back home today from our stay at CBR. We had changed our dates because of the new military discount and looked forward to our stay. CBR use to be our fav resort and we stopped going because the rooms were getting shabby. We heard about the reno and booked a room in Jamaica. Love the new rooms!!... BUT...we were near a smoking area. Didn't matter where we were because people were smoking on the balcony, sidewalks, quiet pool, etc. And yes, we asked to be moved but the other areas were just as bad.

I really wish people would follow the rules so non-smokers can enjoy their vacation too!!!

That will be our last stay there.

Just wanted to join the others in thanking you, Lisa, for all your hard work and dedication to all things CBR getting the new thread going. I've been down with a bug the last few days, so I hadn't even realized the new thread was up and running. I find it really great that CBR is seeing such a rush of renewed interest since the renos began.

Wishing all of you about to go there, and those there now, a magical trip! :)

So, how's my ticker doing...sigh...yeah, a ways to go yet! :(

Lisa, are you already working on the roll call? It looks like it will be a rather extensive job to catch-up...seems like the last notice that it had been updated was on page 203 or 204...so almost 50 pages to hunt through to find add requests...maybe just post the last updated version (dropping Sept and Oct of course) and update as time allows?

Welcome everybody! Sorry I haven't gotten around the posting replies yet but I've been tweeking the info posts and gathering even more pictures from fellow Disboard friends. I did copy dansdad's Beach Bum Roll Call list and added it to one of the "reserved" posts. However, I know that it had been quite some time since he had updated the list. Quite honestly, it would take me a while to go through every single page on the old thread and update the list and I am afraid that I might miss someone's dates. Soooo, if you don't see your name and dates listed, please post them here and I'll get the list updated. Thanks!

Please add me to roll call for June 15-24th. First time staying at CBR and its because of all the wonderful reviews on the previous thread.

Well I just tried to downgrade my preferred room for December 18 to 26th. Only Pirate Rooms are available, so left it as is and added a request for a queen bed along in case they get to the rest of Martinique before I get there.
I think my husband would dislike the walk more than the bed size.

Is this with the Free Dining promotion? My brother just booked a water view room for Dec. 17-23, room only, without a problem. One family in our party is trying to downgrade from pirate rooms as well, but with Free Dining...no luck for them either. :(

Lisa,

Thanks so much for giving us a new home! Can you please add me to the roll call? I posted after DansDad disappeared. Just one night before moving over to BC for Marathon Weekend, January 9th.

[QUOTE="Cinder" Ella's Mom;52589759]Is this with the Free Dining promotion? My brother just booked a water view room for Dec. 17-23, room only, without a problem. One family in our party is trying to downgrade from pirate rooms as well, but with Free Dining...no luck for them either. :([/QUOTE]

Yes, it sure is with free dining! They must block out certain classes of rooms for the dining since it sounds like there is still some availability. The man I spoke with from guest reservations did sort of indicate that construction projects are usually done will ahead of what the permits are for. So maybe there is still hope for me. I don'[t know if it is worth the time to keep checking for a cancellation at this point.

Yes, it sure is with free dining! They must block out certain classes of rooms for the dining since it sounds like there is still some availability. The man I spoke with from guest reservations did sort of indicate that construction projects are usually done will ahead of what the permits are for. So maybe there is still hope for me. I don'[t know if it is worth the time to keep checking for a cancellation at this point.

They only allow a certain number of rooms from each category to be booked for promotions. So, for instance, there may be standard rooms left, but none left that were reserved for the free dining, while the preferred rooms do have some free dining rooms left to be booked.

They have started already working on the standard buildings in Martinique, so they might have one preferred building done by your dates! :thumbsup2

Would you please add us to the September 2015 roll call? We'll be staying Sept. 26 thru Oct. 4!

pixiedust:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter