Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about the busses. I am planning way ahead and looking at CBR or off property for June of 2016. When we stayed at Coronado Springs, we were really far from the food court. But, we could hop on any bus because it always stopped at the main building before leaving the resort. Is that how CBR's bus system works? Can you use it to get around the resort if you are not in a preferred building? That would be my only hesitation with this resort is just getting around. Also, do any of the quiet pools have little snack bars for your refillable mugs? Or, does the main pool even allow you to fill your mug there?

Thanks for your help!
Maybe I missed it but, I did not see anyone answer about the quiet pools and mugs. None of the quiet pools have snack bars. The only place to refill your mugs is in the main restaurant area, OPR. Which just happens to be right next to the main pool. :) Have fun!

Maybe I missed it but, I did not see anyone answer about the quiet pools and mugs. None of the quiet pools have snack bars. The only place to refill your mugs is in the main restaurant area, OPR. Which just happens to be right next to the main pool. :) Have fun!

Thank you! I hope I can get a good deal here next year! I hate having to just wait to see how discounts pan out...

I am officially joining this thread, and need to update my signature bar... we will be in the world 9/26-10/3
we are in a pirate room for now, we are wanting a standard room, as we are not pirate peeps...
but would rather have pirates and free dining than staying home and cooking for 8 days!..lol
Trust me, I am not trying to turn you out of CBR but, if you want to add a day and check in 9/25, there was a king preferred room with free dining opened at Coronado. Just thought I'd let you know.

For anyone who has stayed at both CBR and AOA, how does the property size compare? I read a lot about how far things can be at CBR, depending on which building you're in, but I know that is all subjective to what one considers a 'far' walk. We've never been to CBR, but will be staying there in October. We've stayed at AOA twice and although we were in the Cars suites right near the main entrance, we never thought the walk to the Little Mermaid rooms (furthest away) were far, despite reading complaints by people who stayed in those rooms. I'm curious. Thanks!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I would almost compare the total size of CBR to the size of both Pop and AoA together?

dansdad - have you been to both before?

We have not stayed at AoA but have visited. The walk from the bus stop to the furthest point of the LM rooms was a little shorter than the walk from the main pool at CBR to the furthest point of the Pirate Themed rooms. But if you're not staying in a Pirate room at CBR your walk to the main pool or OPR will be shorter than the walk to most of the LM rooms.

Thank you very much, much appreciated! It's hard to tell by reviews what is truly a long walk vs. what is just a nice walk... since it is all subjective.

Thank you very much, much appreciated! It's hard to tell by reviews what is truly a long walk vs. what is just a nice walk... since it is all subjective.
If I had to guess...the walk from the furthest building is at best 1/3 mile. It is 1.4 miles around the lake using the path, but the path winds through some of the foliage.

This is our first time at CBR for FD in Sept. Previously at POFQ, and POP for 3 times. How exactly, should I go about requesting a specific bldg without becoming a nuisance? do I call a specific number? and if I do, do I really need to fax my request also? and what about online check in? I'm sure there comes a point where CBR really gets tired of all this and makes a point of NOT granting requests and I don't want to be THAT person.

I called today and had it noted. I however would wait a few more days if I were you. I had a 20 minute wait other people are still reporting hour waits. I needed to add ME to my trip in 2 weeks or I would never have waited.

I also needed to find out what I had to do to use my AP and save my 7 day hopper.

Just thought I'd share some experiences I had trying to book free dining. First of all the website was simply useless and I kept getting a message telling me to call reservations. The phone got me nothing but the "all circuits are busy" for over 24 hours. I finally got to the disney automated system late on Tuesday. I was then on hold for almost two hours. When I finally got through to a cast member, she, not surprisingly told me there was no availability at any resort we could afford to stay at. I guess she felt she should say something and said that most people she was talking with at that time were in the same situation. She then volunteered that the real issue was that many people had made multiple reservations (she had personally had callers booking four reservations at a time) to cover all their possible dates and resort choices, taking most of the available rooms out of the system very quickly. She then told me that the rooms that were not verified with deposits would be re-released so there was still a chance to get something. She also confirmed that any availability she saw would definitely be available online.

I called today and had it noted. I however would wait a few more days if I were you. I had a 20 minute wait other people are still reporting hour waits. I needed to add ME to my trip in 2 weeks or I would never have waited.

I also needed to find out what I had to do to use my AP and save my 7 day hopper.
Just curious....are they even going to be able to get you your luggage tags in time for you to leave?

Just curious....are they even going to be able to get you your luggage tags in time for you to leave?

Maybe. But it's fine if you don't have them. We've made 2 very last minute trips so no tags. You just give the CM checking you in at ME your luggage claim tickets. Worked every time.

Maybe. But it's fine if you don't have them. We've made 2 very last minute trips so no tags. You just give the CM checking you in at ME your luggage claim tickets. Worked every time.
That's a good tip to know. Thanks! :)

I just used the Touring Plans room request feature. It seems pretty cool and it says they will fax my request for me five days before I check in. I went to the CBR room views paged, picked a room and then it set up a request for me and left an area for me to leave a note. If it gets us the general area we want to be in, it'll be well worth the $12 subscription. I'll report back after our trip (21 more days!).

Well we're sold. Have booked with UK free dining for 2016. Have stayed at deluxe resorts recently but decided we can live with qsdp (which is what you get free at a moderate here in the uk) whereas when the kids were younger we liked a table service meal each day to get them going. We were going to return to CSR (which we visited the first five trips) but CBR is a few hundred pounds cheaper so we are going to give it a go.

Thanks for the fantastic thread.

New to the Dis Boards and have a CBR question, so forgive me if I am not in the right place. I am planning to surprise my son with a quick trip mid-June. I want to stay in a Pirate Room becuase he would think that would be really cool, but I also would like a prefered room close to the main pool and food courts. Where are the Pirate rooms located? From what I have seen, are they all in South Trinidad? Or are there others throught the other countries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter