Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

My family has owned at BWV for nearly 20 years. It truly is our Home Away from home. I love the opportunities of extra places to eat and shop, as well as the back entrance into EPCOT. I love being able to go to the park while my family rests.

we found out 2 days ago that we have been upgraded to BWI next month since CBR was sold out for the weekend we are there - we are SO excited!! 😊 We have stayed at YC and BC but never BWI. Category is “water view”.

Congrats on being upgraded! BWI is a beautiful resort. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We are staying there for the first time in August. I hope you have a great trip!

Hope you have a great time and enjoy BWI :).

I'm going to be a first-timer this December to BWI CL, and bringing four 20something aged "kids."

BWI CL is amazing! Have a great time :goodvibes.

Long time lurker, first time poster... Today we got conformation that for our trip in April we will be staying in the Boardwalk Grand Villa! So excited. It will be 8 of us in the villa, with 33 (!) family members in total on the trip.

Sounds like a great trip! Hope everyone has a great time :wizard:.

We are back from a fantastic stay a BWI. Here is the view from our CL room 4253, the beautiful BWI entrance, and a sampler from Ample Hills...sooo good!

Glad you had a great time! Love the pics, thanks for sharing :flower3:.

I'm going to be a first-timer this December to BWI CL, and bringing four 20something aged "kids." Did you mind being a floor below the Club? I haven't made my room requests yet. Was the pull out couch sufficiently comfortable for a 6 ft plus young man? We normally stay AoA for the two bathrooms but decided to try something new (and EPCOT is our favorite park!).
The pull-out couch is a regulation Queen size bed. That's the reason I chose it vs. the typical room layout with a daybed, even though there were only 5 of us. We also needed the additional elbow room in a Deluxe CL room. DH slept over there because he snores :rotfl: and he thought the bed was just fine. He's over 6 ft. too. He also said he couldn't feel and springs or bars like one sometimes can on a pull-out bed.

I thought the CL was a good value for our family just because of the sheer amount of food we consume. We really didn't need to eat elsewhere, although we did for convenience. The CL offerings at BWI seem more substantial than some of the other club level lounges. If I had it all to do over again, I would make fewer ADRs. Our family doesn't visit for the food. This may be blasphemy, but I don't think the TS at WDW is really worth all the time and money. At the very least, the lounge is the quickest way to dine, of that there can be no doubt!

In terms of the bathroom situation, the sink was a double sink and outside the shower/toilet area, which is really important if you've only got one bathroom. We looked at other large rooms (I think at the Contemporary?) but they didn't have this configuration. There was also a makeup mirror and a full-length mirror on the outside of the bathroom door.

Last edited:

We’ll be first timers at BWI this August. We’re in a standard view 2 queen with the pull out. We’re looking forward to the stay it’s been on our bucket list for-EVER! Few questions maybe you can help us with-

1. QS recommendations? If we want to grab a bite to go and sit by the pool or head back to the room- what do you recommend?
  2. Has anyone been recently and walked the IG to Epcot? Is the entrance construction an issue at all? We’re rope dropping Epcot one day so we’re thinking if we leave the room by 8:15am for a 9am PO that would be 10-15 min to walk over. Is that enough time?
  3. I thought I read that the pool is open till 11pm that correct?
  4. Room request- we’ve stayed deluxe mod and value before and when we’ve made room requests for mod/value where we always request corner. Are there any preferred/better standard room numbers or types that you know of that are worth requesting? I couldn’t find any room info in touring plans.
Thanks all!! 55 days to go!!!

We’ll be first timers at BWI this August. We’re in a standard view 2 queen with the pull out. We’re looking forward to the stay it’s been on our bucket list for-EVER! Few questions maybe you can help us with-

1. QS recommendations? If we want to grab a bite to go and sit by the pool or head back to the room- what do you recommend?
  2. Has anyone been recently and walked the IG to Epcot? Is the entrance construction an issue at all? We’re rope dropping Epcot one day so we’re thinking if we leave the room by 8:15am for a 9am PO that would be 10-15 min to walk over. Is that enough time?
  3. I thought I read that the pool is open till 11pm that correct?
  4. Room request- we’ve stayed deluxe mod and value before and when we’ve made room requests for mod/value where we always request corner. Are there any preferred/better standard room numbers or types that you know of that are worth requesting? I couldn’t find any room info in touring plans.
1. Boardwalk Pizza window. We really like their basic pepperoni pizza
2. Yep, just got home. They've totally redone the entire thing over there. It's not an issue but they've moved security out further and there's more than 1 now, with boat guests checking different than walk over guests. Ticket box has been moved too. It's obvious they'll have Gondola's come off inside security. Eventually the turnstiles are going to be different too

The pull-out couch is a regulation Queen size bed. That's the reason I chose it vs. the typical room layout with a daybed, even though there were only 5 of us. We also needed the additional elbow room in a Deluxe CL room. DH slept over there because he snores :rotfl: and he thought the bed was just fine. He's over 6 ft. too. He also said he couldn't feel and springs or bars like one sometimes can on a pull-out bed.

I thought the CL was a good value for our family just because of the sheer amount of food we consume. We really didn't need to eat elsewhere, although we did for convenience. The CL offerings at BWI seem more substantial than some of the other club level lounges. If I had it all to do over again, I would make fewer ADRs. Our family doesn't visit for the food. This may be blasphemy, but I don't think the TS at WDW is really worth all the time and money. At the very least, the lounge is the quickest way to dine, of that there can be no doubt!

In terms of the bathroom situation, the sink was a double sink and outside the shower/toilet area, which is really important if you've only got one bathroom. We looked at other large rooms (I think at the Contemporary?) but they didn't have this configuration. There was also a makeup mirror and a full-length mirror on the outside of the bathroom door.
Thank you so much for the information. We are super excited to try this resort. I'm in the process of trying to tag on a couple days on the front end of our reservation. So far no luck, but I look every day!

1 week until our BWV stay, can't wait!!

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We’ll be first timers at BWI this August. We’re in a standard view 2 queen with the pull out. We’re looking forward to the stay it’s been on our bucket list for-EVER!

BWI is a beautiful resort! Have a great time :).

We are super excited to try this resort. I'm in the process of trying to tag on a couple days on the front end of our reservation. So far no luck, but I look every day!

Hope you have a great trip! Good luck with adding days :wizard:.

Quick question for BWI Experts,

Is it possible to order from private dining and have food delivered to the Luna Park pool or the quiet pool? I was thinking of reserving a cabana at GF or Contemporary for a non-park day but could save money if private dining is available. Thanks for any information

One week from yesterday (well 2 days ago now that it’s after MN!) we’ll be checking in for our first CL stay at the BWI! Touringplans sent me a reminder that my room request will be faxed soon - I think today. I’m excited, but I have so much to do before we leave. No matter how many times I say I’ll be all packed way ahead of time it never happens. I have a babysitter coming over tomorrow so I can just focus on packing, I have to get it done so I can run errands, etc on the days I don’t work before we leave for the drive early Thursday am.

August will be my family's first stay at BWI (4 nights). We've previously stayed in WL, POR, CBR and POP. My wife thought Boardwalk was cheesy until we did the Wine and Dine last fall and she got to run by it. We also walked from HS to Epcot (and back), which took longer than expected and got to check it out at night. It's beautiful. She immediately fell in love. She also likes carousel horses, so she's decided she likes the theming too. None of us are too sure about the clown slide though.
We are all really looking forward to our trip!

We also walked from HS to Epcot (and back), which took longer than expected and got to check it out at night.

Depending on your walking pace, many times its still faster than the boats. Unless the boat is stopped and actively loading, we walk. If it's within sight or just pulling up to the dock - or nowhere to be seen, we walk.

I’ll try to post the June schedule later today after I find it in our room. We just checked into our room after hanging out at Disney Springs for a few hours. We’ve been up since 2 am, so I’m going down for a much needed nap. But in the meantime, this is our view. SV CL. Room 4213.image.jpg

Coming out of lurkdom to ask -how is the wifi at the Boardwalk? Our kiddo will be in bed by 7:30 and we're wondering if the wifi is good enough to stream TV shows on an iPad. Thanks!

Coming out of lurkdom to ask -how is the wifi at the Boardwalk? Our kiddo will be in bed by 7:30 and we're wondering if the wifi is good enough to stream TV shows on an iPad. Thanks!
I've found it fine, same as most all over property.
However, I've never tried to stream anything. So I can't vouch for if that works well or not

Hey guys!! A little over a week and we’ll be at BWV for the first time!!! We are beyond excited!!! Started packing, which makes it even more real!!! We have been watching tons of YouTube videos! I love watching the boardwalk tours and just watching people walk around the resort and the boardwalk itself! I really can’t wait!

@shellyb did you start packing yet!!? Are you guys getting excited?!!

I hope you are right but I think with 3 Resorts now having access PLUS people at HS who may park hop just to use gondola (though its not direct)

I wouldn’t think that it would matter how many resorts the gondolas come from. Only one gondola at a time can arrive at the station in the IG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter