Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

My dad booked studios using his points. Is there a way to tell if they are dedicated or lock off? It does not specify in the confirmation emails.

My dad booked studios using his points. Is there a way to tell if they are dedicated or lock off? It does not specify in the confirmation emails.

Not sure BWV has any dedicated studios - might be a few but they are not a booking category. The majority(or all) of the studios at BWV are a lock-off attached to a 1 bedroom. If you are asking to determine the beds - all studios at BWVs have 1 queen bed, 1 queen pull-out sofa bed, and 1 Murphy bed(a little smaller than a twin).

Not sure BWV has any dedicated studios - might be a few but they are not a booking category. The majority(or all) of the studios at BWV are a lock-off attached to a 1 bedroom. If you are asking to determine the beds - all studios at BWVs have 1 queen bed, 1 queen pull-out sofa bed, and 1 Murphy bed(a little smaller than a twin).

Thank you! I was just reading that some DVC had separate booking categories so was curious about BWV.

Our BWV room was a dedicated studio. I know TP can be off on categories sometimes, but they show a chunk of dedicated studios in the first few rooms heading left away from the elevators. That's where ours was.

As far as I know, when booking a studio at BWV you cannot choose between a "dedicated studio" and a "lock-off studio." Those are not booking categories. That's why the confirmation emails would not specify which it is.

I don't think DVC even uses the term "dedicated." When making a reservation for BCV, for example, you can choose between a "two-bedroom villa" and a "two-bedroom lock-off villa." See screenshot below. DVC doesn't use the term "dedicated." DVC members just know that the one which is not a lock-off villa is what we think of as "dedicated."

(Edited because I accidentally wrote one-bedroom when I meant two-bedroom.)

Attachments

• BCV 2 br options.png
    BCV 2 br options.png
    246.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Our BWV room was a dedicated studio. I know TP can be off on categories sometimes, but they show a chunk of dedicated studios in the first few rooms heading left away from the elevators. That's where ours was.

Yeah, that's why I said there might be a few dedicated studios but it is not a booking category at BWV it is just luck of room assignment.

As far as I know, when booking a studio at BWV you cannot choose between a "dedicated studio" and a "lock-off studio." Those are not booking categories. That's why the confirmation emails would not specify which it is.

I don't think DVC even uses the term "dedicated." When making a reservation for BCV, for example, you can choose between a one-bedroom and a lock-off one-bedroom. You just see that either your option is a lock-off or it is not a lock-off. There is no category which is called "dedicated one-bedroom."

Of course if someone has been on the DVC member website more recently than I have, they will point out if I am wrong.

This is true - it's DVC members that usually call it a dedicated and when you book a DVC room the only time DVC makes the distinction is when you are booking a 2-bedroom. All studios & 1-bedrooms just show the room and what view you are booking.

There are a lot of dedicated studios at BWV that do not connect to anything at all.
-97 Dedicated Studios
-149 Lockoff 2BR villas, meaning 149 lockoff studios. No two bedroom villas at BWV are dedicated. But for every two bedroom villa booked, that takes out one lockoff studio.
This is from the member website.
Deluxe Studio – Standard View

View Floor Plans- Modal
Views of Resort Grounds or Parking Area
1 queen-size bed, 1 full-size sleeper sofa, 1 single pull-down bed (29" x 67")
So no queen sized sleeper sofa, just double sized in the studio. They call the murphy bed bunk sized.

There are quite a few dedicated studios along the Village Green area.

Hi all - have some questions about BWI - we found out 2 days ago that we have been upgraded to BWI next month since CBR was sold out for the weekend we are there - we are SO excited!! 😊 We have stayed at YC and BC but never BWI. Category is “water view”.
I’ve been reading all I can on this thread. Any recent reports on coffee, it’s Keurig machines in the rooms? Do they provide small creamers in rooms as well? Drink refills at Bakery, Luna Pool and lounge - is that right? Would love any recent reports or info. And can you cross over to the boardwalk area just through the common lawn area or are there stairs or cut throughs to access the area from the rooms bi lot having to go back to the main lobby?
Thanks so much!!

Hi all - have some questions about BWI - we found out 2 days ago that we have been upgraded to BWI next month since CBR was sold out for the weekend we are there - we are SO excited!! 😊 We have stayed at YC and BC but never BWI. Category is “water view”.
I’ve been reading all I can on this thread. Any recent reports on coffee, it’s Keurig machines in the rooms? Do they provide small creamers in rooms as well? Drink refills at Bakery, Luna Pool and lounge - is that right? Would love any recent reports or info. And can you cross over to the boardwalk area just through the common lawn area or are there stairs or cut throughs to access the area from the rooms bi lot having to go back to the main lobby?
Thanks so much!!
I've never stayed at BWI yet but just wanted to say congratulations. We are staying there for the first time in August. I hope you have a great trip!

Well, we're back from our terrific trip to BWI. Had room 3257 Deluxe Club Level, it was gorgeous and HUGE which we really needed with DH and I and our "kids" ranging from 20-27 years old. I think were right over Trattoria al Forno. Here's the view:

We enjoyed the atmosphere of the BWI, it was subdued yet still "Disney", a great place to come back to rest and recuperate while still retaining the Disney vibe. Although we were directly over the Boardwalk, it wasn't noisy at all.

Housekeeping & other staff were truly excellent-, there when you need them and inobtrusive when you don't. Room was immaculate, with more toiletries than I have ever seen before. I don't know if it was due to our room type, but that part was truly remarkable, and we've stayed at 5-star places around the world. I don't remember having THAT many things laid out on the vanity!:)

The first night we were there, we went to Jellyrolls. I thought the kids wouldn't like it (too old-fashioned), but they had a blast! Unbelievable talent. We left right as the crowd was starting to get a little bit tipsy.

Of course, the location of BWI can't be beat. If we return to WDW, this will be where we stay.

Last edited:
Thanks so much!!

We had a Keurig in our room last week.

There is no way to get through to the Boardwalk without backtracking to the lobby. Near the bottom of the elevators is a set of stairs that will take you out to the Boardwalk so that you can avoid the main part of the lobby, but it only saves you about 50 feet or so. You will still end up in the main courtyard. I wish there had been something closer to EPCOT, down by ESPN, but there isn't.

There is a shortcut to DHS, though. If you go down by the Luna pool and stay to the left, you will come out on the walkway to DHS. That save quite a bit of walking as compared to going all the way to the end of the Boardwalk by Jellyrolls and the Atlantic Dance Hall.

Well, we're back from our terrific trip to BWI. Had room 3257 Deluxe Club Level, it was gorgeous and HUGE which we really needed with DH and I and our "kids" ranging from 20-27 years old. I think were right over Trattoria al Forno. Here's the view:

View attachment 405349

We enjoyed the atmosphere of the BWI, it was subdued yet still "Disney", a great place to come back to rest and recuperate while still retaining the Disney vibe. Although we were directly over the Boardwalk, it wasn't noisy at all.

Housekeeping & other staff were truly excellent-, there when you need them and inobtrusive when you don't. Room was immaculate, with more toiletries than I have ever seen before. I don't know if it was due to our room type, but that part was truly remarkable, and we've stayed at 5-star places around the world. I don't remember having THAT many things laid out on the vanity!:)

The first night we were there, we went to Jellyrolls. I thought the kids wouldn't like it (too old-fashioned), but they had a blast! Unbelievable talent. We left right as the crowd was starting to get a little bit tipsy.

Of course, the location of BWI can't be beat. If we return to WDW, this will be where we stay.
I'm going to be a first-timer this December to BWI CL, and bringing four 20something aged "kids." Did you mind being a floor below the Club? I haven't made my room requests yet. Was the pull out couch sufficiently comfortable for a 6 ft plus young man? We normally stay AoA for the two bathrooms but decided to try something new (and EPCOT is our favorite park!).

Long time lurker, first time poster... Today we got conformation that for our trip in April we will be staying in the Boardwalk Grand Villa! So excited. It will be 8 of us in the villa, with 33 (!) family members in total on the trip.

Have a wonderful time! One of our favorite memories is of having our entire family including my dad, sister, BIL, our son, DGD, DD and SIL in a BW GV. Six of us slept there, but nine were registered so we could all take advantage of the onsite perks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter