Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Will you be staying on the Inn side or the Villa side?
If you are on the Inn side the only time you'd find it a bit cumbersome will be going down to the Boardwalk as you will have to swap elevators. The elevator that accesses the rooms, from the lobby level does not reach the Boardwalk. It goes to level 1 but from that side you can't go out to the Boardwalk. You can only go out to the quiet pool and the Cottage rooms.
To reach the Boardwalk you go down to 2, which is the Lobby Level and the cross the lobby a short distance and change to a different elevator and go down 1 level to the first floor and from there you can go out to the Boardwalk. That particular Elevator does not go anywhere but 2nd floor Lobby and 1st Floor Boardwalk. It does not reach the floors with rooms. It sounds more confusing in writing than it does when you are there.

If you are on the Villa side this is not an issue. The elevator goes all the way from 1 to the top. No odd swapping needed.

Thank you for the explanation. We would be staying on the Inn side. Hard to comprehend, not gonna lie. I'm sure it makes more sense in person. Thanks again!

Thx for posting this. I still wish they weren’t doing this at IG. It’s totally going to mess up that peaceful entry.

I agree with you. Part of why we booked BWV, was for the ease of getting to two parks, the enjoyable walk around the Boardwalk and overall atmosphere. I am concerned that this will all change, once the gondola is open.

I was racking my brain what that photo had to do with the entrance/exit to BWI/V. Thought maybe you'd posted the wrong photo.

I am personally not going to concern myself with it for now, since it's not opening right now.
The IG will change for certain. But, I'm thinking they will put a security check in before folks board the gondola, like they have for folks to get on the monorail. It's a security concern like the monorail so I think they have to, but I don't know for certain what's planned, just my WAG. So if they do, they get off the gondola, they can go right in to the turnstiles, not go in the IG bag check again. So the only ones who go in the bag check there are those coming in from the Resorts (like those going to MK from CR have their own). Probably means they'll move it out away from the turnstiles, which is actually a good thing. The current set up and size doesn't work well when a big crowds comes through now so surely they have in the plans to rework that. Just going to have to wait and see.

Which floor is the Luna Park Pool on and how do you get to it from an upper level room?? I realize that sounds stupid since it’s a pool, but like a PP, I’m having a lot of trouble conceptualizing this. I thought I had read you can cut through the pool for a quicker walk to DHS...TIA!!

Which floor is the Luna Park Pool on and how do you get to it from an upper level room?? I realize that sounds stupid since it’s a pool, but like a PP, I’m having a lot of trouble conceptualizing this. I thought I had read you can cut through the pool for a quicker walk to DHS...TIA!!
It's on the Villa side, bottom floor. Only 1 elevator on the Villa side, goes from 1st floor, up to 4, 5 (I forget how many floor on the Villa side). No odd switching or anything. That is only on the Inn side. If you need the Villa pool you go to that side and take the elevator to 1 and go out, there's the pool right there. There's a map posted a few posts up that shows the pool. Elevators are marked to, to help get your bearings

I was racking my brain what that photo had to do with the entrance/exit to BWI/V. Thought maybe you'd posted the wrong photo.

I am personally not going to concern myself with it for now, since it's not opening right now.
The IG will change for certain. But, I'm thinking they will put a security check in before folks board the gondola, like they have for folks to get on the monorail. It's a security concern like the monorail so I think they have to, but I don't know for certain what's planned, just my WAG. So if they do, they get off the gondola, they can go right in to the turnstiles, not go in the IG bag check again. So the only ones who go in the bag check there are those coming in from the Resorts (like those going to MK from CR have their own). Probably means they'll move it out away from the turnstiles, which is actually a good thing. The current set up and size doesn't work well when a big crowds comes through now so surely they have in the plans to rework that. Just going to have to wait and see.

This is exactly what I’m hoping for.

I was part of a conversation with some other BW guests and we were trying to figure out how the gondolas would impact getting into Epcot. We didn’t think it would impact the Studios as much. We also were discussing how, if at all, it would impact the Boardwalk area. Would it feel really crowded or not that noticeable?

Sorry for any confusion with the photo.

This is exactly what I’m hoping for.

I was part of a conversation with some other BW guests and we were trying to figure out how the gondolas would impact getting into Epcot. We didn’t think it would impact the Studios as much. We also were discussing how, if at all, it would impact the Boardwalk area. Would it feel really crowded or not that noticeable?

Sorry for any confusion with the photo.
No problem. Makes sense now that I know what the reason was

I don't think it will make much difference at the actual Boardwalk. If anything may reduce the numbers that walk to HS

No problem. Makes sense now that I know what the reason was

I don't think it will make much difference at the actual Boardwalk. If anything may reduce the numbers that walk to HS
Do you think it may get more people to go to the Boardwalk area restaurants since it’ll be easier to get directly to? (Which could be a good thing maybe?). Or no?

We are staying at the BWI for the first time Aug 26 to Sept 2. I have a silly, simple question. Can we get toast (plain whole wheat wonder bread style) at either Bellevue or the Bakery at breakfast time? It's my DS's go-to for breakfast along with bananas and strawberry yogurt. If not I assume we could buy a loaf of bread on site and use the toaster at either location.

We are staying at the BWI for the first time Aug 26 to Sept 2. I have a silly, simple question. Can we get toast (plain whole wheat wonder bread style) at either Bellevue or the Bakery at breakfast time? It's my DS's go-to for breakfast along with bananas and strawberry yogurt. If not I assume we could buy a loaf of bread on site and use the toaster at either location.

The gift shop on the Boardwalk should sell loaves of bread. If a hotel has a dvc section, the gift shop sells groceries. I don’t know if you can buy toast. I’m pretty sure people have posted recently about where you can find a toaster but I didn’t pay attention because I’m DVC.

The stairs are not at the ends of the building but in the middle, off the lobby. Otherwise, yes, you can use stairs.
ETA - The stairs are where you see the C and the B in the map below, more or less. Close enough anyway. There are 3 sets really spread between those two points. C is inside the building. Near B is outside from behind the Valet area and B is outside through doors coming right off the Lobby
screen-shot-2017-08-12-at-9-15-52-am-png.260849

The Belle Vue lounge has a toaster out in the morning along with breakfast sandwiches and the Screen Door (located on the BoardWalk) sells loaves of different kinds bread. That is one option. The Boardwalk bakery also had toast and bagels available the last time I was there for a quick morning grab and go.

Dave

Apologies, as I'm sure this has been addressed. However, I've tried several different search terms in this thread and come up without answers. Regarding Villa Studios reserved through DVC points:

1- Do all of the bathrooms have the retractable clothes line in the shower/tub? Even if we happen to get put in an accessible room?
2- Is there a "real" knife (not just plastic butter knife) included in the kitchenette supplies or should I be packing one from home? We prefer to bring cut fruit into the park, as it's much less mess than watching juice run down my kids' arms.

Apologies, as I'm sure this has been addressed. However, I've tried several different search terms in this thread and come up without answers. Regarding Villa Studios reserved through DVC points:

1- Do all of the bathrooms have the retractable clothes line in the shower/tub? Even if we happen to get put in an accessible room?
2- Is there a "real" knife (not just plastic butter knife) included in the kitchenette supplies or should I be packing one from home? We prefer to bring cut fruit into the park, as it's much less mess than watching juice run down my kids' arms.

our studio had the retractable line.

I bring a paring knife with me to also cut fruit. if I remember correctly, the studios had plastic ware.

We just had a wonderful one night stay mid vacation. We were in room 3303, a standard view room. Although we have had better views (the room overlooked the walkway to the bus), we were very happy with the location, very close to lobby elevators. We had a nice full balcony, and the room was in great shape. We were also able to get into our room quite early, received the text at 10:00. We had transferred from Coronado Springs, and ended up drenched when caught in a storm at Blizzard Beach, so were very happy with the chance to dry off. Our luggage, however, took 10 hours to be transferred. (Arrived after 5:00.) I just wished I had more warning, as the Bell man at Coronado Springs said it would be in our room within 3 hours. I ended up buying a new (cute) shirt in the gift shop, which had much better shirt options than other stores we have checked out this trip (Coronado Springs, for example.) Boardwalk CMs were all cheery and helpful, even when I was bedraggled, looking like a wet rat. One super kind concierge ended up crediting us $75 and telling us to go have lunch on them at Big River, after I asked her if Leaping Libations stayed open in the rain, as I was in search of somewhere to use up 2 quick service credits and my daughter with food allergies was looking for a hot dog or hamburger. This was totally unexpected, and helped salvage our rained out waterpark/pool plan for the afternoon. I was so shocked, I forgot to look at her name tag! We had never eaten there before. We got a table immediately, and had very prompt service, making it a good alternative to a quick service lunch. We ended up using the quick service credits on snacks from the gift shop. I was happy to find they had a bakery case full of caramel apples, Mickey crispies, and an egg free scone, which delighted my daughter. This was a great alternative to the long line at Boardwalk Bakery after Epcot closed. I noticed the movie that was planned for showing on the green was not on, though the rain had dried up by then. I assume it was moved inside. We swam in the morning, a quiet time in the clown pool. Fun slide, though my kids prefer the larger pools found at other resorts, which is why Boardwalk remains an “in between” resort for us, when we need one night. We packed a lot of experiences into the one night, also enjoying breakfast at Trattoria al Forno and the Belle Vue lounge. I was able to walk easily to pick up our rental car from Alamo at the Dolphin to head to the beach for this week. We do love the location and resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter