Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We are staying at the BWI for the first time Aug 26 to Sept 2. I have a silly, simple question. Can we get toast (plain whole wheat wonder bread style) at either Bellevue or the Bakery at breakfast time? It's my DS's go-to for breakfast along with bananas and strawberry yogurt. If not I assume we could buy a loaf of bread on site and use the toaster at either location.
I believe Belle Vue has toast. I definitely saw a toaster, butter and jam out.

We just had a wonderful one night stay mid vacation. We were in room 3303, a standard view room. Although we have had better views (the room overlooked the walkway to the bus), we were very happy with the location, very close to lobby elevators. We had a nice full balcony, and the room was in great shape. We were also able to get into our room quite early, received the text at 10:00. We had transferred from Coronado Springs, and ended up drenched when caught in a storm at Blizzard Beach, so were very happy with the chance to dry off. Our luggage, however, took 10 hours to be transferred. (Arrived after 5:00.) I just wished I had more warning, as the Bell man at Coronado Springs said it would be in our room within 3 hours. I ended up buying a new (cute) shirt in the gift shop, which had much better shirt options than other stores we have checked out this trip (Coronado Springs, for example.) Boardwalk CMs were all cheery and helpful, even when I was bedraggled, looking like a wet rat. One super kind concierge ended up crediting us $75 and telling us to go have lunch on them at Big River, after I asked her if Leaping Libations stayed open in the rain, as I was in search of somewhere to use up 2 quick service credits and my daughter with food allergies was looking for a hot dog or hamburger. This was totally unexpected, and helped salvage our rained out waterpark/pool plan for the afternoon. I was so shocked, I forgot to look at her name tag! We had never eaten there before. We got a table immediately, and had very prompt service, making it a good alternative to a quick service lunch. We ended up using the quick service credits on snacks from the gift shop. I was happy to find they had a bakery case full of caramel apples, Mickey crispies, and an egg free scone, which delighted my daughter. This was a great alternative to the long line at Boardwalk Bakery after Epcot closed. I noticed the movie that was planned for showing on the green was not on, though the rain had dried up by then. I assume it was moved inside. We swam in the morning, a quiet time in the clown pool. Fun slide, though my kids prefer the larger pools found at other resorts, which is why Boardwalk remains an “in between” resort for us, when we need one night. We packed a lot of experiences into the one night, also enjoying breakfast at Trattoria al Forno and the Belle Vue lounge. I was able to walk easily to pick up our rental car from Alamo at the Dolphin to head to the beach for this week. We do love the location and resort!
Ah, man. He was very confused, he had the 3 part right. But it was 3:00 not 3 hours. He should have said it would be there after 3:00 not after 3 hours. Sorry he gave you wrong info. Burns my behind when they can't get the one simple part of their job correct. It's not really confusing. It's not like they have to memorize a schedule property wide. It's the same everywhere. Always. No luggage makes it before 3:00 PM. Well, maybe some do but as far as the guest is concerned, you inform them that their bags won't be ready until at least 3:00, maybe longer. 3:00 is when they start the deliveries.

Ah, man. He was very confused, he had the 3 part right. But it was 3:00 not 3 hours. He should have said it would be there after 3:00 not after 3 hours. Sorry he gave you wrong info. Burns my behind when they can't get the one simple part of their job correct. It's not really confusing. It's not like they have to memorize a schedule property wide. It's the same everywhere. Always. No luggage makes it before 3:00 PM. Well, maybe some do but as far as the guest is concerned, you inform them that their bags won't be ready until at least 3:00, maybe longer. 3:00 is when they start the deliveries.
Studios do not have real metal knives, only plastic tableware and paper plates and bowls. They may have real ceramic mugs and glasses, but those may also have been removed and replaced with paper.
Apologies, as I'm sure this has been addressed. However, I've tried several different search terms in this thread and come up without answers. Regarding Villa Studios reserved through DVC points:

1- Do all of the bathrooms have the retractable clothes line in the shower/tub? Even if we happen to get put in an accessible room?
2- Is there a "real" knife (not just plastic butter knife) included in the kitchenette supplies or should I be packing one from home? We prefer to bring cut fruit into the park, as it's much less mess than watching juice run down my kids' arms.
Studios do not have real metal knives, only plastic tableware and paper plates and bowls. They may have real ceramic mugs and glasses, but those may also have been removed and replaced with paper.

Dont' know if this was asked recently, but here goes.... last year (July) we stayed at the BWI and the club lounge had a chef on duty during the "dinner" phase serving up hot freshly cooked things. We'll be there again in just a few weeks... are they still doing that in the club lounge?

Dont' know if this was asked recently, but here goes.... last year (July) we stayed at the BWI and the club lounge had a chef on duty during the "dinner" phase serving up hot freshly cooked things. We'll be there again in just a few weeks... are they still doing that in the club lounge?
Yep

So this is nice - for our upcoming trip, I had requested a one floor grand villa at the Boardwalk & got a call today from a very nice cast member to tell me that he couldn't accommodate me & would I like to change resorts? After a minor freakout (mine) - I said - how long is the one floor villa unavailable - and he said - oh, only the first night..... So I'm like - can we switch after the first night - and he thankfully replied - absolutely!

So we're going to "rough it" for the one night - my 88 year old Dad will sleep in the first floor Master - the rest of us will find a bed upstairs. At least we'll see what a 2 floor villa looks like..... I have concerns the balconies will be disjointed. I think this is over the General Store on the 5th floor. The one floor villa will be on the fourth floor - which will have a nice view of both Epcot & DHS fireworks.

I was surprised they called me - usually I just show up & get disappointed. I guess "spending" 910 points in 8 days means something.
1f609.png
;)

Can't believe it's almost here!!!!!

Only 45 days left for us and finalizing some details. Having some trouble finding this. Can I get green/healthy juice or smoothie anywhere?

Does anyone have a July activities calendar for boardwalk they could post or point me in the right direction to find one? Thanks so much we are planning to have some resort downtime :)

Hi everyone!! We just booked our stay for the boardwalk club level from feb 2-9! We’ve been twice before but haven’t gone to Disney in a bit. And when we last did we went to AKL (I will never do that again) I was wondering if anyone knows if Lorenzo and Anita still work at the lounge? We really love them and they make it feel like home.

Hi everyone!! We just booked our stay for the boardwalk club level from feb 2-9! We’ve been twice before but haven’t gone to Disney in a bit. And when we last did we went to AKL (I will never do that again) I was wondering if anyone knows if Lorenzo and Anita still work at the lounge? We really love them and they make it feel like home.
Yes, Lorenzo and Anita are still there!

44 days until my DW and I are at WDW. This will be our first time staying at BW and we are in the Villas side. This trip is to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and it's also our first trip to WDW without our daughter since she was born. Can't wait to try some of the new restaurants at DS and try out Jelly Rolls for the first time.

What are your experiences at Jelly Rolls? I have been reading some mixed reviews of the place. I know we are going to go eat dinner before we go there, but how early should we get there without having to worry about standing in a line to get in, if that's even necessary?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter