• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Hi everyone, this is a little overdue, but I wanted to post a view picture from our stay a couple of weeks ago. We were in 3221, which is a couple of rooms over from BW Bakery:

IMG_1916_zps9e7da321.jpg

Terrific picture. Thanks for posting. Agreed, those smells are amazingly tempting.

Definitely yes. I would say you could leave MK at 9:45 and make Kona at 10:15. Even if you hit a snag of some sort, they also give you a 15 minute leeway. That's plenty of time. I don't know how much you could do in MK in 45 mins, but maybe the mickey meet and greet right by the entrance? Or grab a coffee at Starbucks. :)

That talking Mickey is really cool, and it was our first time in this show. Mickey did magic tricks for us with the larger playing cards. The magic is always there for me, but I was able to sit back and watch it again with my dds (12 & 10). They still enjoy their pictures with the princesses and characters, but some of that Disney magic has waned. They had it back for Mickey. :thumbsup2

Hi everyone, this is a little overdue, but I wanted to post a view picture from our stay a couple of weeks ago. We were in 3221, which is a couple of rooms over from BW Bakery:

IMG_1916_zps9e7da321.jpg

IMG_1918_zpsc37d9523.jpg

Our balcony is the one you see all the way to the left in this picture:

IMG_1877_zpsee86cbf5.jpg

Love these pics! Great view. Glad you enjoyed the stay!

Terrific picture. Thanks for posting. Agreed, those smells are amazingly tempting.

That talking Mickey is really cool, and it was our first time in this show. Mickey did magic tricks for us with the larger playing cards. The magic is always there for me, but I was able to sit back and watch it again with my dds (12 & 10). They still enjoy their pictures with the princesses and characters, but some of that Disney magic has waned. They had it back for Mickey. :thumbsup2

Maybe I should follow my own advice! We always try to do a character breakfast during each trip (eight days of cereal in the villa gets old), so we'll take our pictures with Mickey there, but have not actually done one with the talking Mickey yet. That does sound cool.

...at work now and should not be on these boards, but I had to say I just love Stinkerbelle's pics & the view...OMG! How awesome!!

We're staying in a garden view room, but arrive on Sunday. Yes, this Sunday! :cool1: So excited.

looks like I asked the question 1 day too early! Carmel Apple pancakes!? yum!

sorry it won't let me post this as a link because I don't have 10 posts :-(

wdwmagic.com/dining/trattoria-al-forno/news/06nov2014-breakfast-menu-now-available-for-trattoria-al-forno---opening-in-december-on-the-boardwalk.htm
Perfect timing and thanks to you, I can add the link in the DINING section to the new breakfast menu:thumbsup2

I enjoyed this location very much, even though it was pretty far from the elevator. After a couple of times the walk didn't seem as bad and there was a nice back exit to the quiet pool close by. I will say it was a little tortuous going past the atrium under the concierge lounge in the morning - oh the delicious smells! DD asked, "how do we get up THERE??!" :lmao:

This was our third stay at BWI and I have to say it keeps getting better! I think the service was the best we've had in recent memory. Housekeeping was very attentive and the front desk staff friendly and accommodating. We got there around noon-ish and our room wasn't ready yet. We enjoyed a lobster roll and slice of peanut butter chocolate cake on the Boardwalk while we waited and we got the text around 2:20 p.m.

Hope to be back again soon! Thanks to everyone in this thread for being so helpful during the planning.
Beautiful pictures! Thank you for posting about your stay. Boy, a Lobster Roll and Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake sure does sound like so much fun right now. I hope you get to plan a trip back soon.

Thank you, psac for posting the complete link for everyone.

So excited 1 more week!!!:cheer2::cool1:pixiedust:
:yay:

...at work now and should not be on these boards, but I had to say I just love Stinkerbelle's pics & the view...OMG! How awesome!!

We're staying in a garden view room, but arrive on Sunday. Yes, this Sunday! :cool1: So excited.
Your secret is safe with us:ssst:. Have a magical vacation!

Maybe I should follow my own advice! We always try to do a character breakfast during each trip (eight days of cereal in the villa gets old), so we'll take our pictures with Mickey there, but have not actually done one with the talking Mickey yet. That does sound cool.

Yes, we do a character breakfast as well (because the food is better and cheaper than dinner) at least once during the trip. We did more character meals when the dds were younger to use it for picture moments and for taking a break in the sun. But, we still do the new character meets when they arrive, i.e., Tiana, Rapnuzel, Mickey. Talking Mickey was especially cool.

Thank you!
Love these pics! Great view. Glad you enjoyed the stay!

Thanks so much!

Beautiful pictures! Thank you for posting about your stay. Boy, a Lobster Roll and Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake sure does sound like so much fun right now. I hope you get to plan a trip back soon.

It really hit the spot, in fact, I could go for one right now! Too bad I'm sitting here at home freezing while it rains, lol!

Hi everyone! We just got back Wed. night from our 2nd stay at BWV...and wow did we have fun. :)

First day had a few bumps in the road. We had booked garden/pool view. I had requested upper floor, close to lobby. (I know, requests aren't guaranteed). Initally we were in 3021. All we could see were tree tops! This was basically the same view we had BLT std. view in August. I called and just let them know that I was a bit disappointed, so they did offer to change it. They moved us to 4012. Pretty much the same view, except that we could easily see TOT out of our window, and just a little bit of the top of the Sorcerer's hat and the Earful Tower out of our window. We were okay with that. Then we noticed one of our (brand new) suitcases was damaged. No complaints though: first they offered to fix it, then when they couldn't, they replaced with a new one. It is probably a better brand than the one we had.

It was FREEZING when we arrived on Saturday...I screen shot my phone which reported that it was 45 degrees out!!!!!! Needless to say, we didn't get to use the pool the first day. We did use it every day after that. (my son had goosebumps getting out of the pool on Sunday like I've never seen!!) I love the pool activities in the afternoons, even though my kids are older. The bartenders were very good Even in frigid temps for a New England girl, I enjoyed my Mai Tai. :) I'm not sure I've ever had a tropical drink wearing sweats before!!!

My DH and I really enjoy the Belle Vue Lounge in the evenings. It's a great, usually quiet spot to relax and chat about the day you just enjoyed, and plan the next day coming up. (ahem, people who were letting their son use his race cars all across the floor at 10pm....not cool. I'm not talking little matchbox-style cars, but large, have a ripcord-so-they-fly-across-the-room cars.) In any case, the bartenders were great, I love that I can grab a snack at the Bakery and bring it up there to enjoy with a glass of wine at night. We'll be back there next trip. :)

We visited the BoardWalk Bakery twice over our four night stay. While I love getting to walk downstairs, take in the view of Crescent Lake, and then walk back with something delicious in my little box...they really need more help. It's not so much that it's crazy busy...it's that they only have 3 cast members taking orders for pastries, making hot sandwiches, lattes, and manning the cash register. The other thing is that we aren't coffee drinkers, so when we want to use tea in our refillable mug, we have to interrupt one of those poor CM's to get us hot water and tea bags, since they don't leave them out to serve ourselves. It was a really fun treat for those two days, but wow we waited 20mins in line for 2 pastries. You can't do that every day. (there were only 5 of us total in line at the time)

This remains one of our favorite resorts, particularly for Food and Wine Festival. Getting to look at that lake, and across to the Yacht and Beach Club...and hear the horns of the Friendship Boats, are priceless. I'm already looking forward to next fall.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and the room location! What did they do for the Halloween party? Did they have characters? Happy anniversary, too. :)

They set up a DJ stage in front of the lobby balcony. The DJ is the same guy that handles the dances at Jelly Rolls. Then they set up games all over the grassy area for kids along with a huge blow up pumpkin with fog machines everywhere. And of course they give out candy. It's just a fun night with music, lights, contests and dancing. It's really fun for the kids but I loved the music! It all ended by 11:00 so it didn't disturb any early sleepers....

Does anyone know what brand mattresses are used in the BWI? We were in room 3275 and had the best night's sleep ever. I should have looked under the sheets before we left but forgot to. Can someone look for me that's still there??? Thanks!

We will be staying at the boardwalk villas with a boardwalk view (studio)
I requested a "large balcony"
Are there differences in rooms available with this booking category and are there in fact rooms with larger balconies ??
Thanks

We will be staying at the boardwalk villas with a boardwalk view (studio)
I requested a "large balcony"
Are there differences in rooms available with this booking category and are there in fact rooms with larger balconies ??
Thanks

It really depends on where your room is. 2 years ago we were over the ESPN arcade where all the balconies are small. This year over the courtyard in front of the main lobby, we had a larger balcony over the Flying Fish dining room. It just depends on the exterior of the building you're in.

Returning for our second trip to BWV in June (2nd-7th) with a preferred view studio before moving over to BLT for 4 more nights! :cool1:

We leave Wednesday and it will be our first stay at BWV (11/12-11/18). I'm so excited! Reading all of your comments has me thinking we definitely picked the perfect place!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

We just returned from our first stay at BWI. I couldn't have been more pleased with our room and experience. We were in room 5268 standard view. But for a standard view it was magnificent. By day we could see the courtyard and gardens from the cottages, by night spectacular view of the fireworks and show from Epcot. My girls loved curling up with pillows and watching the fireworks from our balcony. I have to say a great big thank you to everyone on this board. Your advice was impeccable esp for someone who's never stayed at this resort. We look forward to returning to Disney in a few years and definitely plan on returning to BWI. Thanks again for all who post their wisdom, as it truly helped to make our trip extra magical!!!

Hello,

It's just occurred to me that when we are staying at BWV (arriving May 4th ) it will be Epcot's flower& garden festival.

We've never visited this time of year so have no experience of what to expect

Does anyone have any information on this? Do the Epcot resorts do anything for this?

Thanks

Hello. I was hoping to ask for a favor. Can anyone staying at the Boardwalk Inn now or in the next 2 weeks or so tell me if their gift shop sells the additional monorail tracks for the monorail playset, and how much they are. Thanks!

Hello,

It's just occurred to me that when we are staying at BWV (arriving May 4th ) it will be Epcot's flower& garden festival.

We've never visited this time of year so have no experience of what to expect

Does anyone have any information on this? Do the Epcot resorts do anything for this?

Thanks

You will (hopefully) love this festival! We did last year - they've added food booths all over Epcot, and opened up the old Wonders of Life pavilion for talks about nature (DD and I enjoyed one lady's talk about bird photography).

We all enjoyed a few tastings of foods (the shrimp & grits were wonderful!). They are just tastings though, so you can end up spending a lot!

The concerts are neat - I can't wait to see who will be playing next year. We got to see two shows of "The Orchestra" which featured many original members of ELO - they totally rocked!

They have beautiful flower displays, and a butterfly house. It's so nice to be right by Epcot - we went every day last time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter