• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Trattoria al Forno:

A new restaurant at Disney's BoardWalk on the site of the former Kouzzina by Cat Cora. The restaurant will showcase classic Italian cuisine including handcrafted mozzarella made daily, fresh cavatelli pasta and pizzas baked in wood-burning ovens.

Trattoria al Forno will be open daily for breakfast (7:30-11 a.m.) and dinner (5-10 p.m.), with reservations starting October 21, 2014, and a tentative opening date of December 18, 2014.

any word on the breakfast menu? I was soooo looking forward to try Kouzzina's breakfast! :-( but hopeful for something as delicious sounding!

We bought our first DVC contract resale, and have not regretted it at all.
Ps -- what about pretending to be one of those dance marathoners and staying in Atlantic Dance overnights?

I'm holding out to see what Poly is going to look like. Ever since I was a kid I wanted to stay there so to own that would be my little girl dream come true. However, a BWV resale is certainly in my future! Until then, my very good DVD owner friend will have to get used to staying at BWV!

Is anyone ever in Atlantic Dance to notice if we stay there?

That was our progression of DVC ownership. When we first started visiting WDW, the dds were 3 & 1. We would stay at the value resorts, return for naps, lug strollers, but go commando to the parks everyday. I was exhausted at the end of my vacation. :sad2:
BWV takes it up another level for me as we can relax during the day at either pool, enjoy games at the community hall, and then there is all the stuff on the Boardwalk.

Starting w/DS's 1st trip in 2010 I started doing the early in/nap or pool/ back to parks later routine with a rest day every 3rd day. We also know we'll be back soon so the intense, "We must do EVERYTHING!" feeling of our first few trips has dissipated.

Just got back last week from a stay at the BWV. Here was our view from room 5040!

LOVE IT!! Such a great view! I stayed in 5050 in August and the view was AMAZING! We were lucky enough to watch the Frozen fireworks from the balcony!

Just wanted to say - I love this thread.

Boardwalk is our home resort and I can't wait to get there May 4th 2015:cool1: it will have been 4 yrs since our last visit from across the pond.

:thumbsup2

Hello! Excited about our first stay at BWV in April. This thread is so helpful to a newbie:) We are staying in a 1 bedroom standard view and are DVC. Are there staircases down to the pool and walkways? Do you know where they are located? I have heard the elevators are very limited. Thank you

Anyone whose going in the next week or so can you please post the christmas decorations in the lobby...we will be there the first week of December and can't wait!:santa:

Hello! Excited about our first stay at BWV in April. This thread is so helpful to a newbie:) We are staying in a 1 bedroom standard view and are DVC. Are there staircases down to the pool and walkways? Do you know where they are located? I have heard the elevators are very limited. Thank you

There are a fair number of stairs. If you look at this picture, http://s171.photobucket.com/user/VWL_Granny/media/BWVRoomViews.jpg.html you'll see that the building is all straight lines and angles in an effort to get as many rooms in a certain space as they could. I'm not certain, because I've not really taken the time to verify this, but it has always seemed to me that approximately wherever the building 'turns' is where you'd find a staircase. And, often, in the middle of a section there will be another one. Once you're inside the building you'll have easy access to a staircase that will take you out to just about anywhere except directly to the Boardwalk. ;) (Just remember that if you ask for an upper floor, you're adding flights of stairs to your walk down them!)

First trip to the BWV after going DVC on a cruise earlier this year - will be staying from 5th - 13th December. After years of being a Wilderness Lodge devotee I'm really looking forward to trying out an EPCOT area resort.

Loved the thread - learnt so much & subbed in to soak in the info before we head of in less than a month :cool1:
Welcome to the thread and I'll post your dates in the BoardWalk Bulletin. I'm glad you've found the thread helpful.

Wow, this is a great thread. SO much information!!
Thank you for all the time you must have spent on this.

We will be at BWV 2/25-3/4 for both of my kids' b-days!
We have a studio booked, I believe it is preferred pool / garden view.
:)
You're welcome and I appreciate your comments. Make sure the birthdays are noted in your reservation and I'll log your dates.

We just returned from a week at BWI, room 3275. This was our second time at BWI. Both times I requested waterview but the first time I specified over the boardwalk. We ended up on the third floor but the next to the last room from the ESPN club. It was a great room for the views. We could sit on he balcony and watch everyone on the boardwalk including the few wedding parties that took place that trip and the boardwalk entertainers. BTW, there is not disturbing noise coming from the ESPN club or arcade below us. The problem was the very long walk at the end of the day. There is only one set of elevators off of the lobby. Once on your floor you walk and walk and walk. On our first day we asked a housekeeping person getting on he elevator how far our room was and she said "about a mile that way." She wasn't joking! So this time, being a year old, I asked again for a waterview but near the elevator. We got room 3275 which was just 6 rooms away from the elevator! It was overlooking the courtyard in front of the lobby balcony. We were over the Flying Fish restaurant dining area. We could still see water so technically it was a water view but without being on the boardwalk. The balcony was bigger than most and with the big Halloween party right in that courtyard area Friday night, it was a great location. The best part was not having that long walk going to and from everyday especially when we just wanted to grab our refillable mugs. A big bonus was that the laundry room was right by the elevator so that was really convenient. I think convenience won over the boardwalk view this time.
Thanks for posting about your stay, Pat.

Just got back last week from a stay at the BWV. Here was our view from room 5040!
Thank you for posting your great views!

Hi Kook,
It was a challenging week. It is good to be home. We need to catch our breath at this point, so we'll just look forward to a vacation in Sept 2015. Today I was able to get the Contemporary for a few days, followed by the BWI reservation we were planning on.
Sept 24-27 Atrium Standard view
Sept 27-Oct 4 Innkeepers Standard view

And the really good news, today I was able to get the mil rate all the way through. Feel free to add the adjusted dates to the Boardwalk Bulletin when you get a chance.
It's nice to be back reading the threads, lots to catch up on. :goodvibes
:hug: Welcome home.

Of course I'll amend your dates and I just so happen to have a thread where I can add your CR dates;)

any word on the breakfast menu? I was soooo looking forward to try Kouzzina's breakfast! :-( but hopeful for something as delicious sounding!
I haven't found a permanent breakfast menu yet.

Just wanted to say - I love this thread.

Boardwalk is our home resort and I can't wait to get there May 4th 2015:cool1: it will have been 4 yrs since our last visit from across the pond.

:thumbsup2
Welcome! May will be here before you know it and yes, 4 years is way too long.

According to a blog post I read, Trattoria's breakfast menu is currently being served at Kouzzina. Not sure if it will change at all, but here is a picture of the menu: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Trattoria-al-Forno-Breakfast-Menu.jpg
Kouzzina closed 30 SEP. Do you mean Flying Fish? I believe they are serving the menu you posted. Thanks for posting the menu link. I would think the new menu might feature more "Italian inspired" dishes other than just frittata:confused3. Disney Food Blog does write that there will be more items:

"In chatting with the staff, we do know of a few other items that will appear on the menu later that weren’t available when we visited. These include Caramel Apple Pancakes with Streusel-Like Topping, and a Fontina Fondue-Type dish with Prosciutto, Eggs, Vine Tomatoes, and several different types of Cheese."

Anyone whose going in the next week or so can you please post the christmas decorations in the lobby...we will be there the first week of December and can't wait!:santa:
The decorations aren't usually up until the week prior to Thanksgiving. Until someone posts fresh photos, POST 17 features photos of BWI at Christmastime. I took some of them last Christmas:santa:

Will be arriving at BWI tomorrow!
I am running the half marathon Saturday night. The plan was for my kids to enjoy the pool for a few hours Sunday morning while I sleep in and then head to a park as a family late morning. However now it is supposed to rain, so anyone have any recommendation anything indoors right around the resort that will keep kids aged 5-9 busy for a couple hours while I sleep? Preferably nothing too expensive…

Will be arriving at BWI tomorrow!
I am running the half marathon Saturday night. The plan was for my kids to enjoy the pool for a few hours Sunday morning while I sleep in and then head to a park as a family late morning. However now it is supposed to rain, so anyone have any recommendation anything indoors right around the resort that will keep kids aged 5-9 busy for a couple hours while I sleep? Preferably nothing too expensive…
The arcade or community hall? My kids used to love to go to community hall and color, watch movies, or play video games (and the occasional ping pong match).

Kouzzina closed 30 SEP. Do you mean Flying Fish? I believe they are serving the menu you posted. Thanks for posting the menu link. I would think the new menu might feature more "Italian inspired" dishes other than just frittata:confused3. Disney Food Blog does write that there will be more items:

"In chatting with the staff, we do know of a few other items that will appear on the menu later that weren’t available when we visited. These include Caramel Apple Pancakes with Streusel-Like Topping, and a Fontina Fondue-Type dish with Prosciutto, Eggs, Vine Tomatoes, and several different types of Cheese."

Yes, I did mean Flying Fish! Thanks for correcting me :thumbsup2

I have always wanted to do a rope drop at MK so changed my breakfast Kona reservation to 10:15 from 9:00 on the 4th. Shouldn't this provide enough time to see the opening show and go a little ways on to Main Street before running out and hopping on the resort monorail for Breakfast?

I have always wanted to do a rope drop at MK so changed my breakfast Kona reservation to 10:15 from 9:00 on the 4th. Shouldn't this provide enough time to see the opening show and go a little ways on to Main Street before running out and hopping on the resort monorail for Breakfast?

Definitely yes. I would say you could leave MK at 9:45 and make Kona at 10:15. Even if you hit a snag of some sort, they also give you a 15 minute leeway. That's plenty of time. I don't know how much you could do in MK in 45 mins, but maybe the mickey meet and greet right by the entrance? Or grab a coffee at Starbucks. :)

looks like I asked the question 1 day too early! Carmel Apple pancakes!? yum!

sorry it won't let me post this as a link because I don't have 10 posts :-(

wdwmagic.com/dining/trattoria-al-forno/news/06nov2014-breakfast-menu-now-available-for-trattoria-al-forno---opening-in-december-on-the-boardwalk.htm

Hi everyone, this is a little overdue, but I wanted to post a view picture from our stay a couple of weeks ago. We were in 3221, which is a couple of rooms over from BW Bakery:

IMG_1916_zps9e7da321.jpg

IMG_1918_zpsc37d9523.jpg

Our balcony is the one you see all the way to the left in this picture:

IMG_1877_zpsee86cbf5.jpg

I enjoyed this location very much, even though it was pretty far from the elevator. After a couple of times the walk didn't seem as bad and there was a nice back exit to the quiet pool close by. I will say it was a little tortuous going past the atrium under the concierge lounge in the morning - oh the delicious smells! DD asked, "how do we get up THERE??!" :lmao:

This was our third stay at BWI and I have to say it keeps getting better! I think the service was the best we've had in recent memory. Housekeeping was very attentive and the front desk staff friendly and accommodating. We got there around noon-ish and our room wasn't ready yet. We enjoyed a lobster roll and slice of peanut butter chocolate cake on the Boardwalk while we waited and we got the text around 2:20 p.m.

Hope to be back again soon! Thanks to everyone in this thread for being so helpful during the planning.

Hi everyone, this is a little overdue, but I wanted to post a view picture from our stay a couple of weeks ago. We were in 3221, which is a couple of rooms over from BW Bakery: Our balcony is the one you see all the way to the left in this picture: I enjoyed this location very much, even though it was pretty far from the elevator. After a couple of times the walk didn't seem as bad and there was a nice back exit to the quiet pool close by. I will say it was a little tortuous going past the atrium under the concierge lounge in the morning - oh the delicious smells! DD asked, "how do we get up THERE??!" :lmao: This was our third stay at BWI and I have to say it keeps getting better! I think the service was the best we've had in recent memory. Housekeeping was very attentive and the front desk staff friendly and accommodating. We got there around noon-ish and our room wasn't ready yet. We enjoyed a lobster roll and slice of peanut butter chocolate cake on the Boardwalk while we waited and we got the text around 2:20 p.m. Hope to be back again soon! Thanks to everyone in this thread for being so helpful during the planning.

Thanks for sharing! We are 9 days out and I'm both excited and nervous- hoping everyone stays well with all the bugs going around!

I'm curious- was your room refurbished?

Definitely yes. I would say you could leave MK at 9:45 and make Kona at 10:15. Even if you hit a snag of some sort, they also give you a 15 minute leeway. That's plenty of time. I don't know how much you could do in MK in 45 mins, but maybe the mickey meet and greet right by the entrance? Or grab a coffee at Starbucks. :)

Thank you! I know I won't be able to do much in 45 minutes but meeting Mickey might be just the thing as I have not done that since my kids were little... over 15 years ago!

Thanks for sharing! We are 9 days out and I'm both excited and nervous- hoping everyone stays well with all the bugs going around! I'm curious- was your room refurbished?

I hope you have a great trip! I totally get those last minute nerves too - hang in there. Yes our room was refurbished. I really liked the changes especially what they did with the bathroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter