Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Well if a jersey girl says I may love it, then I should listen. My favorite Aunt is a jersey girl too. So, good company.
I'm a NY girl who spent many summers at the Jersey Shore and I love the BWI. Such a great vibe on the boardwalk. I never had any interest in it but my friend convinced me to try it for a family trip last summer. It is now our favorite epcot hotel. Definitely in our top 2 disney resorts. I'm actually going back in September. If you go I hope you love it as much as I do.

Thank you mrsap for these photos. I do agree the exterior of BWI looks great.

I was referring to the interior. Another poster commented that he/she/they appreciated the less darker color and shading of the rooms. And that's a fair point. One of the reasons I said the room isn't ugly, is because I like the color schemes.

I wasn't getting the turn of the century Boardwalk story from the room tour I watched. I could be the person in the wrong here, and I fully admit it. I've said repeatedly, I'm not in any shape or form an interior decorator or have fashion sense or an eye for this stuff.

I just looked at the curtain details and the wall "sticker" by the coffee area and I just didn't get a real turn of the century Boardwalk vibe. I thought there would be a carousel throw pillow or a lamp with salt water taffy theming, tokens embedded in the bed frame, or an artist rendering of the Fab 5 riding a surrey bike. Something in the interior that helps tell this story a bit better? That being said the artwork that is hanging looks nice. Again, nothing outrageous or ugly.

I'm happy for all those folks that love the change. Truly. I'm still not ruling out staying here at our next WDW vacation, but it will have to be a family decision.
To be fair the website does not say which turn of the century it is supposed to be. The last turn of the century wasn't' that long ago. :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

Hi all. Just a quick note that discussing ways to circumvent Disney rules/policy is against DISBoard’s posting guidelines. If a pool gate is key access or not is fine as that’s a fact, but subsequent suggestions gets really close to if not over the line. Let’s be real, I’m sure isolated cases of non-guest (against Disney rules) access to pools happens every day across property under a variety of situations, but it’s not really in the spirit or intent of these boards to be a place to suggest such activity.

Some recent posts above have been removed.

Thanks all.

Staying at a value resort for the first time, but not wanting to use those cafeterias for breakfast. Can we drive and park at Boardwalk, breakfast at one of the places on the boardwalk, and then leave the car there and walk to either IG (E) or HS for the park day?

Disney Springs is another option, but it involves getting back in the car or a bus, which isn't ideal.

Staying at a value resort for the first time, but not wanting to use those cafeterias for breakfast. Can we drive and park at Boardwalk, breakfast at one of the places on the boardwalk, and then leave the car there and walk to either IG (E) or HS for the park day?

Disney Springs is another option, but it involves getting back in the car or a bus, which isn't ideal.
If it's Pop then you can take the Skyliner over. If not the guard at Boardwalk will probably stop you unless you are a guest.
I have taken an Uber to Yacht club with an Ale and compass reservation and was let in...not sure if they would let you drive in or if there is short term parking so you couldn't leave there to go to park.
Then take the bus back your resort when your day is done..no need to worry about driving after a long day.

Last edited:
If it's Pop then you can take the Skyliner over. If not the guard at Boardwalk will probably stop you unless you are a guest.
I have taken an Uber to Yacht club with an Ale and compass reservation and was let in...not sure if they would let you drive in or if there is short term parking so you couldn't leave there to go to park
ok, thanks - I thought I had read something that cross resort day parking was now free for onsite guests of another hotel, but I probably was mistaken. Skyliner is an option. I'm prejuding the food at the Pop and maybe it's passable, especially for breakfast.

ok, thanks - I thought I had read something that cross resort day parking was now free for onsite guests of another hotel, but I probably was mistaken. Skyliner is an option. I'm prejuding the food at the Pop and maybe it's passable, especially for breakfast.
The parking is free, for when you are dining. But you can't leave the car there for theme park parking.

Resorts that have easy access to the parks have gotten very strict with parking. You are allowed to park while you’re at the resort, not when you leave for a park. You are allowed to pay for valet & park as long as you want. You can also drive to Studios then walk, boat or skyliner to BW for breakfast. But honestly, that’s a lot of effort to avoid a food court. We’ve stayed at All Star Movies & had the Mickey waffles & bacon… it’s the same as you get at any other Disney quick service.

Last edited:
So I returned from there 2 weeks ago (sniff) and the best breakfast we had was from the Beach Club Marketplace. Perfect mickey waffles...crispy bacon...and a steak and egg sandwich that was pretty incredible.
It will never replace the butter butter sandwich (RIP) from the defunct Boardwalk Bakery..but it was worth the walk from Boardwalk to Beach Club.

Technically it should work as long as you have an ADR at a Boardwalk dining option but you are expected to move your car within 3 hours vs parking all day to be convenient to Epcot IG and HS. The Boardwalk hosts Conventions and weddings and parking is often limited.

@focusondisney explained another great option above: "You are allowed to pay for valet parking & park as long as you want". You pay the Valet fee at your first hotel and then you have Valet parking all day other resorts that offer Valet parking at no additional fee.

That does not mean that you will always be turned away for lack of having an ADR. It is most often enforced at resorts with limited parking such as the Epcot resorts, MK resorts, and the AKL due to limited parking as many of these resorts. The CM at the Security gate at the Boardwalk usually as an idea of how full the parking lot is for the day and may just let you park all day during slow periods but it is rather random.
I have taken an Uber to Yacht club with an Ale and compass reservation and was let in...
That is the best option to visit another resort for breakfast and then walk to Epcot's IG or HS. Just make to sure to have an ADR at Boardwallk.
ok, thanks - I thought I had read something that cross resort day parking was now free for onsite guests of another hotel, but I probably was mistaken.
The paid parking change was the add-on Disney Overnight parking charge that was removed shortly after Bob Iger returned. It has alsways to freely visit and part at other resorts to take advantage of offerings at other Disney resorts.

The restrictions on visiting and parking at other resorts without an ADR came in with the Covid restrictions and is still enforced primary at the resorts near the parks or the Skyway resorts.

Dave

I have a long weekend booked on the Inn side for September. I just received a magical offer to switch to the GF for 100 more total. Has anyone else received that? Wonder if it's due to construction. I didn't switch because it's a Food and Wine trip so easy access to IG is important.

I have a long weekend booked on the Inn side for September. I just received a magical offer to switch to the GF for 100 more total. Has anyone else received that? Wonder if it's due to construction. I didn't switch because it's a Food and Wine trip so easy access to IG is important.
Wow that’s not bad. Maybe they overbooked?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter