Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

So I guess we will be staying at One Bedroom Villa, Garden/Pool View DVC and are very excited. Any tips or room requests I can make to get the most bang for my buck?

thanks in advance

Does anyone who has been recently know if the fitness center and, more importantly, the locker room is available? I know that YC/BC has not reopened its shower area off the pool, but haven't heard whether the fitness center locker rooms are available at BWV/BWI. We have a late flight on departure day and enjoy pool time prior to the flight. Of course that necessitates a need for shower and clean up prior to leaving. Sure hoping those lovely BW facilities are available.

Does anyone who has been recently know if the fitness center and, more importantly, the locker room is available? I know that YC/BC has not reopened its shower area off the pool, but haven't heard whether the fitness center locker rooms are available at BWV/BWI. We have a late flight on departure day and enjoy pool time prior to the flight. Of course that necessitates a need for shower and clean up prior to leaving. Sure hoping those lovely BW facilities are available.
...yes, me too. My DS and his DGF work out every morning, so I'm interested to hear if it has reopened.

enhance

But are the locker rooms open? I figured the fitness center would be since that is open at BCV as well--just wasn't sure if BW found a way to seal the locker rooms from use. :daisy:

IIRC, there was a door to the women's locker room in the BWV fitness center, which I would think they could lock.

IIRC, there was a door to the women's locker room in the BWV fitness center, which I would think they could lock.

It does and that is why I was asking--if anyone knew if those locker rooms were accessible. :flower1: If no one has the chance to look--I will be there for myself in 28 days! :thumbsup2

It does and that is why I was asking--if anyone knew if those locker rooms were accessible. :flower1: If no one has the chance to look--I will be there for myself in 28 days! :thumbsup2
...well, we'll be there in 16 days, so I'll try to make a point of checking it out for you...

Perhaps you can find out about showers being available by calling. The website does indicate that lockers are available. There is a phone number noted for reservations,

BWI/BWV fitness center

Perhaps you can find out about showers being available by calling. The website does indicate that lockers are available. There is a phone number noted for reservations,

BWI/BWV fitness center

My guess is that if you call, you will not be speaking to someone who is actually at the resort. You will receive an answer, but that doesn't mean it is based on first-hand knowledge.

My guess is that if you call, you will not be speaking to someone who is actually at the resort. You will receive an answer, but that doesn't mean it is based on first-hand knowledge.
My usual experience is that if the CM is not onsite and without actual knowledge regarding my inquiry, they will place me on hold to double check with someone in the know, if requested.

My usual experience is that if the CM is not onsite and without actual knowledge regarding my inquiry, they will place me on hold to double check with someone in the know, if requested.

Oh, that's good. My understanding is that if the CM is not onsite, sometimes they don't admit it and they give an answer which they see on paper; that answer might not be accurate.

BWI/BWV fitness center

Thanks and if in fact it actually connected to the resort it may be good information. We have tried that route, three days before arrival, when confirming room requests in the past. We were told they absolutely had our requests and the room assigned fit the request. On arrival, the room did not fit the requests (not one) and, in fact, the GS CM said there were no requests noted on the reservation. Ultimately, they were able to move us to meet a request, but there you go--you think you are receiving good information--alas, not the case.

It is really not a big deal--we will certainly deal with whatever the situation is upon arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter