Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

For those staying there recently, how are the buses to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom in the morning? Trying to decide what time to be at the stop. I have seen several posts lately about people walking over from Swan/Dolphin recently and it's making me nervous about getting a bus to be there for opening. Arriving in 13 days.

The DVC resort thread is probably more up to date regarding the flooding. People that had their rooms flooded have posted, and there are pictures of the halls

I checked out today. I stayed on the third floor but was able to see down to the second floor where the damage was. They are definitely still in the process of repairing them. They had tarps up blocking the rooms from sight. All the rooms on the second floor above Wyland Galleries appeared empty and the gallery its self was closed (I don’t know if that is Covid or water damage related) I did get my standard view room upgraded to pool view and got my room ready text at 7:30am.
Also, the playgrounds near the pool reopened.

page 3 rescue!! BW fans where are you???...lol..
We have an up coming stay..late spring at the villas..a very first after many BWI stays...I sure hope that we enjoy it as much as we have enjoyed the Inn...wondering too how different things will be with out many of the usual dining spots open...was happy to read the Big River Grill is now open..we enjoy out door dining when possible..plus they have a great burger there... fingers crossed that Flying Fish will open soon too...I really am surprised that there is no signature dining available in the whole Crescent Lake area...Except for at the Swan and Dolphin...
JFDIS Nice upgrade! :thumbsup2 Curious...did you dine in the BW area...very interested in morning coffee..lol..and a quick breakfast..we will definitely miss being able to stop into the Bellevue Lounge for that...

We just got back from BWV and had a great stay.

@BlueSkies
There is a coffee maker in the villas and they have a couple of days worth of coffee with filters so you can make for yourself in the room if you want.

the bakery on the boardwalk also has coffee if you’d rather that.
It’s not signature for sure, but we did quite enjoy Trattoria on the Boardwalk for dinner.

if you’re going to try the pizza window, be sure to mobile order in advance. There were some days where the earliest pick up window was more than an hour away.

we also liked breakfast at Ale & Compass. We did that on our Epcot day (Posted open time that day was 11). Had a 9am reservation. Boats were already running because Hollywood Studios opened at 9. Hopped on an 8:20ish board, got to check out the shops at YC/BC, breakfast at 9. Easy walk over to Epcot and we’re in line there before the temp check tent opened!

For anyone who has been there recently and has used Magical Express. About how long did it take you from the time you landed until you reached the Boardwalk? I have an ADR at Beaches and Cream and I'm worried we won't make it in time.

Lot's of variables since you now have to grab your bags at baggage claim and take them to the MDE desk with you. Next it depends on how many resort stops your bus makes. So plan on 1 hr best possible case and up 2-3 hours depending on the day, time, and traffic,

Dave

Lot's of variables since you now have to grab your bags at baggage claim and take them to the MDE desk with you. Next it depends on how many resort stops your bus makes. So plan on 1 hr best possible case and up 2-3 hours depending on the day, time, and traffic,

Dave
Understood. Thank you. I am just trying to get a feel for it. I have an ADR for Beaches and Cream that I am hoping to be able to keep but Southwest just changed my flight to an hour later so I'm kind of worried now.

We just got back from BWV and had a great stay.

@BlueSkies
There is a coffee maker in the villas and they have a couple of days worth of coffee with filters so you can make for yourself in the room if you want.

the bakery on the boardwalk also has coffee if you’d rather that.
It’s not signature for sure, but we did quite enjoy Trattoria on the Boardwalk for dinner.

if you’re going to try the pizza window, be sure to mobile order in advance. There were some days where the earliest pick up window was more than an hour away.

we also liked breakfast at Ale & Compass. We did that on our Epcot day (Posted open time that day was 11). Had a 9am reservation. Boats were already running because Hollywood Studios opened at 9. Hopped on an 8:20ish board, got to check out the shops at YC/BC, breakfast at 9. Easy walk over to Epcot and we’re in line there before the temp check tent opened!

:goodvibes Thank you so much for the detailed information! Your suggestions and experiences will definitely help with our trip planning..and expectations..while we've had lunches and dinner at A&C we've never had breakfast there...but this sounds like a very nice way to start the day when heading to a park with a later opening...... as for the coffee...signature not necessary at all..lol...but on vacation I prefer someone else to be making it.....:blush:..
Happy that you had a great stay! I will definitely come back and report on ours as well...

page 3 rescue!! BW fans where are you???...lol..
We have an up coming stay..late spring at the villas..a very first after many BWI stays...I sure hope that we enjoy it as much as we have enjoyed the Inn...wondering too how different things will be with out many of the usual dining spots open...was happy to read the Big River Grill is now open..we enjoy out door dining when possible..plus they have a great burger there... fingers crossed that Flying Fish will open soon too...I really am surprised that there is no signature dining available in the whole Crescent Lake area...Except for at the Swan and Dolphin...
JFDIS Nice upgrade! :thumbsup2 Curious...did you dine in the BW area...very interested in morning coffee..lol..and a quick breakfast..we will definitely miss being able to stop into the Bellevue Lounge for that...
Ale & Compass has a nice menu. You can also do standby seating. That helped one night when we didn't have plans.

You will have a pot why not bring a bag of your fav coffee from home? I bring dunkin when I can, even K cups!

Ale & Compass has a nice menu. You can also do standby seating. That helped one night when we didn't have plans.

You will have a pot why not bring a bag of your fav coffee from home? I bring dunkin when I can, even K cups!
If you are in a DVC villa and bring your own coffee, you will need coffee filters,, too. Flat bottom, basket style for a Mr Coffee style coffee maker. Usually 10-12 cup, but sometimes 4-6 cup. You can ask for the larger if you get the smaller.

We just got home last night from an amazing first stay at BWV. We booked standard studio and were upgraded to 1 BR garden/pool view. We overlooked the quiet pool (but mostly had a view of the trees). We loved this resort. We have stayed at Yacht and Beach (along with several deluxe resorts), but I do think this may be at the top of my list...and I didn't think anything would ever overtake Yacht Club for me. The room was so spacious and clean, and it was so easy to get to the parks. From our door to the holding point at Hollywood Studios, it was a 10 minute (leisurely) walk. It took about 12 to get to the temp check station at Epcot. It was perfect. We have started at GF and CR, but having super easy access to two different resorts was wonderful.

We had a lunch at Boardwalk Bakery, but for the most part ate at other resorts or in the parks. The veggie sandwich and the Gobbler sandwich were both really good, but the menu is just too limited right now. We used to walk over for lunch from Epcot on previous trips, so I know how awesome this spot can be for sandwiches. I hope those days come back soon for more variety.

Buses were pretty good. We had to wait a bit for our bus to Disney Springs, but that's only because we got three different answers when we asked what time the first bus would start (we wanted to get to Gideon's at opening). For anyone else's reference, the first bus is dispatched to arrive around 10:15. So don't bother getting there too early. We were on the first bus every day to Magic Kingdom and Disney Springs, so I can't tell you how the waits were if you didn't get there early. We never waited more than 8 minutes to come back to the resort.

Skyliner was super easy for our breakfast at Topolino's and to pop over for dinner at the quick service at Riviera Resort. We never rode it at super peak time, but I do know that it was worth the extra steps to walk to Hollywood Studios in the morning VS taking Skyliner or boats. We rode it back from Hollywood Studios yesterday to catch Magical Express, and it was super easy. All in all, with waiting about 5 minutes at the transfer station, the ride took about 18-20 minutes to get back to Boardwalk.

This will definitely NOT be our last stay at Boardwalk. This was our first time staying in a villa at any of the properties, and it may have spoiled us a bit. Even though it was just the three of us (teenage daughter) we loved the extra space!

Thanks for all of your help the last few months as we planned this trip. I love this resort!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to report back . I am staying at BWV for the first time in May. Stayed on the Inn side several years ago and had a horrible room location ( above the service area for ESPN Club) . Love the resort area and being able to walk to two parks . Can’t wait .

We just got home last night from an amazing first stay at BWV. We booked standard studio and were upgraded to 1 BR garden/pool view. We overlooked the quiet pool (but mostly had a view of the trees). We loved this resort. We have stayed at Yacht and Beach (along with several deluxe resorts), but I do think this may be at the top of my list...and I didn't think anything would ever overtake Yacht Club for me. The room was so spacious and clean, and it was so easy to get to the parks. From our door to the holding point at Hollywood Studios, it was a 10 minute (leisurely) walk. It took about 12 to get to the temp check station at Epcot. It was perfect. We have started at GF and CR, but having super easy access to two different resorts was wonderful.

We had a lunch at Boardwalk Bakery, but for the most part ate at other resorts or in the parks. The veggie sandwich and the Gobbler sandwich were both really good, but the menu is just too limited right now. We used to walk over for lunch from Epcot on previous trips, so I know how awesome this spot can be for sandwiches. I hope those days come back soon for more variety.

Buses were pretty good. We had to wait a bit for our bus to Disney Springs, but that's only because we got three different answers when we asked what time the first bus would start (we wanted to get to Gideon's at opening). For anyone else's reference, the first bus is dispatched to arrive around 10:15. So don't bother getting there too early. We were on the first bus every day to Magic Kingdom and Disney Springs, so I can't tell you how the waits were if you didn't get there early. We never waited more than 8 minutes to come back to the resort.

Skyliner was super easy for our breakfast at Topolino's and to pop over for dinner at the quick service at Riviera Resort. We never rode it at super peak time, but I do know that it was worth the extra steps to walk to Hollywood Studios in the morning VS taking Skyliner or boats. We rode it back from Hollywood Studios yesterday to catch Magical Express, and it was super easy. All in all, with waiting about 5 minutes at the transfer station, the ride took about 18-20 minutes to get back to Boardwalk.

This will definitely NOT be our last stay at Boardwalk. This was our first time staying in a villa at any of the properties, and it may have spoiled us a bit. Even though it was just the three of us (teenage daughter) we loved the extra space!

Thanks for all of your help the last few months as we planned this trip. I love this resort!!!!
So glad you had such a great trip and that you loved BWV! If you took DME how long would you say it was from the time you landed until the time you arrived at BWV?

Last edited:

Glad you had a good trip! What time did the first Magic Kingdom bus arrive? Did all parties waiting get on the first bus, or did some have to wait for the next one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter