Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

If you have stayed at BW INN Dec. 2018 to present: what kind of coffee maker did you have in your room? I see a post on Dec. 4th that stated they had a Keurig. I'm curious if most rooms have changed to this from the flat pods. Thanks!
Keurigs

Be sure to take advantage of the Disney app, which shows you bus arrival times at the resort. Unfortunately, it doesn't have functionality yet to show you when the bus back to your resort is arriving at the various parks but it's really nice to have at the resort going to the parks. So even if your bus isn't going to arrive for 20 minutes, you can spend that time in the room or grabbing coffee or whatever. Have found it to be quite helpful in lighting a fire under the rear of my family to get them going in the morning too.

Late catching up as it's been a whirlwind since we got home. At BWV 2/25 to 3/6 and the bus times never updated for MK on the app or the board at the stop. The CM there in the mornings said AK and DS were showing up but MK wouldn't appear until 1-2 minutes before it came around the corner. They were still running at least every 20 minutes, but you weren't sure where you were on that cycle unless someone sitting there new the time the last bus came.

We loved our water view room at Boardwalk Inn. I did make a room request because Touring Plans show some water view rooms that are not fully facing the water. I wasn’t sure if their room classifications were accurate, but I thought a request couldn’t hurt.

Yes, that's exactly what I was looking at when I was thinking about making a request or not - those rooms not fully facing the water, which I think are referred to as the Village Green rooms (which I've now learned is a separate category for DVC...I think :p).

I might use Touring Plans to request the view I want (had great success with them before), but if I end up getting one those rooms on the green, I would be okay with that. :)

Yes, that's exactly what I was looking at when I was thinking about making a request or not - those rooms not fully facing the water, which I think are referred to as the Village Green rooms (which I've now learned is a separate category for DVC...I think :p).

I might use Touring Plans to request the view I want (had great success with them before), but if I end up getting one those rooms on the green, I would be okay with that. :)
Both the Inn side and the DVC side have village green views as they face each other. To help you picture it the Inn side village green rooms would be the rooms over the Flying Fish. The BWI water view room is my favorite view at Disney. If I'm ever asked to go to my happy place in my mind that's the view I go to.

Both the Inn side and the DVC side have village green views as they face each other. To help you picture it the Inn side village green rooms would be the rooms over the Flying Fish. The BWI water view room is my favorite view at Disney. If I'm ever asked to go to my happy place in my mind that's the view I go to.
@Disneytam I totally agree with you. I love BWI water view. :flower:

The village green rooms on the inn side have a few that are classified as Standard View Rooms and many that are classified s garden view rooms until the switch about half way down the row of rooms that faces the village green and they change to water view rooms. IMO these are the best standard view rooms in the resort, and arguably the best garden view ones. A few years ago we got one on the fourth floor about 3-4 rooms from the center of the village green that was then considered a standard view - it had a huge balcony and a great view of the village green with a good view of the lake if you looked right. The room beside us was classified as water view at the time (I kind of feel like they changed classifications around in the past few years and made more of the village green garden instead of standard, but I'm not really sure about that). I had learned about these rooms here after noticing them on touring plans, and was lucky enough to get my request. It was a great room!

WDWKOOK hasn't posted since December 2017. I am surprised that some people are only aware of it now. Mickeynut1 seems to have taken over and he/she is doing a great job.

Wow, I had certainly not noticed it had been that long. Like I said, I spent a lot of time catching up on some threads so she had been posting a lot back then so I just hadn't noticed she had disappeared. Does anyone know why?

I am a long time Disboard reader but new to commenting. We are Disney veterans who travel with a family of 12. We normally stay at CBR. We are looking at BWI for our mom who wants an elevator and a balcony. Can someone explain the quick service options? She wants to be able to get coffee in her mug in the morning and sit to eat her breakfast. I noticed there is not a dedicated space for this in this resort like in other resorts. Suggestions?

I am a long time Disboard reader but new to commenting. We are Disney veterans who travel with a family of 12. We normally stay at CBR. We are looking at BWI for our mom who wants an elevator and a balcony. Can someone explain the quick service options? She wants to be able to get coffee in her mug in the morning and sit to eat her breakfast. I noticed there is not a dedicated space for this in this resort like in other resorts. Suggestions?
She would have to go to the Boardwalk Bakery which is on the Boardwalk, or the Belle Vue room in the morning for continental breakfast and coffee. None of the deluxe resorts have food courts like the moderates and value resorts. They usually have some sort of counter service, but their forte is table service dining.

I think coffee is available at the Belle Vue Lounge, which also has continental breakfast offerings. There's the Boardwalk Bakery, which has breakfast items and quick serve lunch/dinner. There's also a pizza window. I'm not an expert on BWI as I just had my first stay last year, so hopefully others will give some input :).

The best option for her would be to to do a walk-up breakfast at Trattoria. They have tables outside that they use for regular, non-character breakfast, but you cannot make ADRs for them. She won't be able to use her mug because it is a TS, but she would have a breakfast menu with seating (and a table for her drink and food).

IMO the BWI has the worst QS set up of the deluxe resorts. But if she just wants coffee, the Belle Vue Lounge will suffice, which IIRC is on the lobby level and isn't a normal QS location, it just has some breakfast options because of the lack of a regular QS location, and she will have a balcony. For just general QS info, if you aren't set on the BWI, all of the MK resorts and the AKL have a regular QS restaurant. They don't have a food court, but they have a regular place to get a QS meal and sit down that is in the resort. However, at the Poly and GF you do have to walk outside to the main building to get to them, and at the Poly you have a chance of no balcony. Even the YC and BC have the QS locations that are part of their gift shops, at the BWI you have to go to the BW Bakery and wait in the entire line even if you only want one wrapped item and everyone in front of you wants lots of stuff that is made to order. There is essentially no seating, there isn't any inside. I just don't know why they didn't put a regular QS location onto this resort? However, I still enjoyed my stay there and have another scheduled based on location, I just don't like the QS options at the resort.

Has she thought about just making coffee in her mug?
Or are you saying she wants to eat her breakfast alone?

IMO the BWI has the worst QS set up of the deluxe resorts. But if she just wants coffee, the Belle Vue Lounge will suffice, which IIRC is on the lobby level and isn't a normal QS location, it just has some breakfast options because of the lack of a regular QS location, and she will have a balcony. For just general QS info, if you aren't set on the BWI, all of the MK resorts and the AKL have a regular QS restaurant. They don't have a food court, but they have a regular place to get a QS meal and sit down that is in the resort. However, at the Poly and GF you do have to walk outside to the main building to get to them, and at the Poly you have a chance of no balcony. Even the YC and BC have the QS locations that are part of their gift shops, at the BWI you have to go to the BW Bakery and wait in the entire line even if you only want one wrapped item and everyone in front of you wants lots of stuff that is made to order. There is essentially no seating, there isn't any inside. I just don't know why they didn't put a regular QS location onto this resort? However, I still enjoyed my stay there and have another scheduled based on location, I just don't like the QS options at the resort.

I believe OP's mom wants an elevator and a balcony. At the Beach Club some of the rooms have tiny balconies (think big enough for Juliet to stand on and call out to Romeo but not big enough to sit down) and I think some rooms have no balconies at all. The balcony situation is better at the Yacht Club. The Beach Club gift shop has food but no seating; there is some seating near it and there are public rooms you can go to with your food. Yacht Club's quick service area has some seating but not a lot, if I recall correctly.

There are only a few tables outside the BoardWalk Bakery, and you don't want to sit there if it's raining.

Doesn't every room have a coffee maker these days? But maybe OP's mom doesn't want to make her own coffee.

I believe OP's mom wants an elevator and a balcony. At the Beach Club some of the rooms have tiny balconies (think big enough for Juliet to stand on and call out to Romeo but not big enough to sit down) and I think some rooms have no balconies at all. The balcony situation is better at the Yacht Club. The Beach Club gift shop has food but no seating; there is some seating near it and there are public rooms you can go to with your food. Yacht Club's quick service area has some seating but not a lot, if I recall correctly.

Doesn't every room have a coffee maker these days? But maybe OP's mom doesn't want to make her own coffee.
Yes, I agree the YC QS setup is better than the BC, and the balcony situation is very preferable at the YC than the BC. So for a balcony, elevator, and regular QS situation, in the Epcot area I would rank the YC a clear first, with the BWI and BC as seconds both with different strengths and weaknesses. If she just wants a balcony and coffee, BWI is better than the BC since at the BC you have a pretty good chance of not having a full balcony.

Taking the Boardwalk area out of the equation I would say that the CR (tower rooms), AKL, and WL are perfect with all rooms in one building with an elevator, good QS locations, and balconies with great views.

I think coffee is available at the Belle Vue Lounge, which also has continental breakfast offerings. There's the Boardwalk Bakery, which has breakfast items and quick serve lunch/dinner. There's also a pizza window. I'm not an expert on BWI as I just had my first stay last year, so hopefully others will give some input :).
We stayed at BWV two years ago and I refilled my refillable mug at both the Belle Vue Lounge and the Boardwalk Bakery. Both locations have coffee to purchase if one does not have a refillable mug.

Thanks to everyone for responding! I appreciate all of the suggestions. She really likes to people watch and we thought BWI would be a great place for her. And walking distance to EPCOT. She loves the countries.
If she likes to people watch I would try to book a boardwalk view . Lots of people watching from there.

We stayed at BWV two years ago and I refilled my refillable mug at both the Belle Vue Lounge and the Boardwalk Bakery. Both locations have coffee to purchase if one does not have a refillable mug.

Thanks, this is good to know :).

Thanks to everyone for responding! I appreciate all of the suggestions. She really likes to people watch and we thought BWI would be a great place for her. And walking distance to EPCOT. She loves the countries.

I think BWI is a great choice :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter