Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Staying at the BWI. At what point am I am able to add Room Location requests? If I do the online checkin now, both dropdown boxes are empty. I'm a few months away from check in still so I may be too early.
Time to check in has nothing to do with it. The boxes are disabled period. You can call to add the requests anytime you want

Does anyone know if a twin size air mattress will fit in a BWV 1 BR? I saw a pic some time ago of a twin size air mattress in front of the kitchen area but that seems kinda in the way for someone getting to the bathroom from the sofa bed. Would it fit between pull-out sofa bed and the sliders if the chair was moved? Or would it fit in the bedroom between bed and sliders?

We're staying at BWV right now - Boardwalk view, I just watched Epcot's fireworks from my balcony and am in heaven. We have the dining plan with the refillable mugs but it's SO FAR to walk to get a cup of coffee in the morning. Does anyone know where I could get some ground decaf to brew in my room? I have GAD and can't drink caffeine but love my morning cup of coffee.

We're staying at BWV right now - Boardwalk view, I just watched Epcot's fireworks from my balcony and am in heaven. We have the dining plan with the refillable mugs but it's SO FAR to walk to get a cup of coffee in the morning. Does anyone know where I could get some ground decaf to brew in my room? I have GAD and can't drink caffeine but love my morning cup of coffee.
When we stayed in the Villas they gave us both regular and decaf. We rented right through Disney, not using points. No idea if that makes any difference or not. I know it makes a difference on HOW much you get but I'd think you'd still get some of both

You can always swing by the Screen Door store to pickup your decaf coffee, it is on the corner of the BWV building on the boardwalk facing the boat dock.

Dave

Does anyone know if a twin size air mattress will fit in a BWV 1 BR? I saw a pic some time ago of a twin size air mattress in front of the kitchen area but that seems kinda in the way for someone getting to the bathroom from the sofa bed. Would it fit between pull-out sofa bed and the sliders if the chair was moved? Or would it fit in the bedroom between bed and sliders?

If you moved the chair and put one end in that corner, I think you could probably get it in but it would be partly under the foot of the bed or squished up against the legs. That's not a long enough space for the whole mattress. We had a kid-size camping cot between the sofa bed and door. It was right by the end table (not long enough to worry about moving the chair). There was a little room on the side between it and the sofa bed, but not much.

If you moved the chair and put one end in that corner, I think you could probably get it in but it would be partly under the foot of the bed or squished up against the legs. That's not a long enough space for the whole mattress. We had a kid-size camping cot between the sofa bed and door. It was right by the end table (not long enough to worry about moving the chair). There was a little room on the side between it and the sofa bed, but not much.
DVC really doesn't want guests to move the furniture around since it tends to damage the furnishings.

DVC really doesn't want guests to move the furniture around since it tends to damage the furnishings.

I certainly understand not moving large pieces of furniture however some pieces are moved constantly. The coffee tables are moved every time the sofa bed is used. Dining chairs are moved each time some one dines. The scale and construction of the corner chair makes it such that guests can easily move it around without damage. I am guessing it is moved quite often for viewing the TV.

Are there any 2 bedroom lockoff villa pool/garden view rooms that have a view of the fireworks from either HS or Epcot?

I’m in such a ‘Disney’ mood today. I’m watching people’s Boardwalk videos on YouTube! I’m really excited about our stay there!! It looks like such a beautiful resort!

I'm in a Disney mood every day lol! I'm excited about our first stay here too. If only I could decide what room request I want - a view the clown pool or try for a sideways BW view (we have garden/pool view booked)...

I'm in a Disney mood every day lol! I'm excited about our first stay here too. If only I could decide what room request I want - a view the clown pool or try for a sideways BW view (we have garden/pool view booked)...

OMG we’ve been talking about the same thing!!! We have the same view booked! I know requests are never guaranteed, but I definitely would like to have something requested. What are your dates again??

So excited!!!!!!!!

We booked this morning for May 2020, Boardwalk Inn, Water/Boardwalk view!!!

We booked early, room only. We aren't doing a package this time. I know price will go up later, but thrilled to have it on the books. Besides, you never know how quick things might start booking up once Star Wars opens, and you can walk there from Boardwalk!

We normally stay across the water at Yacht/Beach, but I've always wanted a room on the Boardwalk and now we are doing it!

Yay! :jumping1:

OMG we’ve been talking about the same thing!!! We have the same view booked! I know requests are never guaranteed, but I definitely would like to have something requested. What are your dates again??

AKV 6/22-6/28 then BWV 6/28-7/5. I know we overlap but I don't remember yours exactly?

I'm sure the odds of getting a view of the clown pool are better than the BW view...and it would be nice to see some of the higher Illuminations fireworks. But if we got the right view of the pool we should be able to see some HS fireworks I'm thinking. Ugh I don't know!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter