• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I just booked my parents a standard view 1-bedroom Villa for this coming week, last minute reservation, directly with Disney. We're longtime BWI folks and have never stayed in a Villa. I know I want to request a room close to elevators and relatively high up. With standard view Cash reservations with Disney, what wing is my parents likely to get? Will it be overlooking parking lot or is there the possibility of a room overlooking something nicer like gardens or quiet pool? They are in their 70s so I don't want them to walk too far if possible.
If you booked a cash reservation through Disney Reservation Center, you'll probably get a pool/garden view. It might be any wing and might be far from the elevator. The standard view on points is usually parking lot view and are about 20% of the resort. Those are booked quickly by members on points and are usually not available for cash reservations.

I'd suggest using the Touring Plans map to find something close to the middle. We stayed all the way at one end and while quiet and a nice view of the channel/Swan & Dolphin, it was too far to go every day to get back. Our next trip we'll request one closer to the elevator. You can have Touring Plans send a fax to request a room close to where you want and may be able to get that location.

DVC resorts often toss faxes out. DVC has notified members not to bother with faxing and just add their request to their reservation.

Has anyone who's stayed at the resort lately answer this Boardwalk Bakery question? My parents are coming along with us on Tuesday—very last minute trip, booked on Friday, and their first trip to WDW in 35 years (!). They are elderly and creatures of habit. They HAVE to have oatmeal every morning. I remember last year the Bakery had it--it was never on the menu, but they always had hot steelcut oats behind counter, which I enjoyed every now and then. Do they still have it? My parents booked a villa so they will have a kitchen, worst case scenario they can make their own in the room.

First time staying at Boardwalk, although we have visited several times when staying at BCV. We will be there for 5 nights, third week of November, in a one bedroom villas, standard view. Are there any worthwhile room requests for a one bedroom std view?

Ask for one closer to the elevator. It's a long walk if you are near the end. We had one that was in the last wing and it got old quick after a long day.

We are sooo excited for our first stay at BWI this fall! We've been there multiple times to dine at all the restaurants, or for a fun-filled night at Jellyrolls, but we've never actually stayed there before. We've booked a standard view room. Any thoughts on room requests? We don't mind walking, so I wouldn't need to request being close to anything in particular (i.e. buses or lobby). However, I would love a nice view. Are there any nice views available for standard rooms? TIA!

First time staying at Boardwalk, although we have visited several times when staying at BCV. We will be there for 5 nights, third week of November, in a one bedroom villas, standard view. Are there any worthwhile room requests for a one bedroom std view?
Points or cash through Disney Reservation Center? It will make a difference.

Does anyone know the current pool hours? I am arriving on Thurs and just trying to plan out some last min things. TIA

Staying at the BWI. At what point am I am able to add Room Location requests? If I do the online checkin now, both dropdown boxes are empty. I'm a few months away from check in still so I may be too early.

Staying at the BWI. At what point am I am able to add Room Location requests? If I do the online checkin now, both dropdown boxes are empty. I'm a few months away from check in still so I may be too early.
Never use the boxes. Call 407WDISNEY and tell them what you want. You can do it any time, up to about 5 days ahead when I think they assign the rooms.

I am wondering if you could help me out in pros/cons of BWI SV VS BWV studio SV for 4 adults, 2 of which are our teen daughter and niece. Looking at free dining for July and they are the same price. Amy reason I would pick one over the other?

Thanks

I am wondering if you could help me out in pros/cons of BWI SV VS BWV studio SV for 4 adults, 2 of which are our teen daughter and niece. Looking at free dining for July and they are the same price. Amy reason I would pick one over the other?

Thanks
The BWI would have two real queen beds. BWV studio woukd have one queen bed, one double sleeper sofa and a bunk sized Murphy bed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter