Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

How big are the two pull out beds in the suite rooms? My oldest son is big @ 250lbs. Would he be comfortable on one of these beds?

I'm 6'3" and weigh about 290. The pull down bed was quite comfortable, and fit me well. The sofa bed also fit me well, but wasn't too comfortable. It kind of leaned upwards where the seating part of the sofa would be if not unfolded (not sure if that makes sense), and there was one bar that I could feel running right by there. I'm sure feeling the bar had something to do with my weight though, as when I read reviews no one else seems to complain about it.

Does Art of Animation have valet service? I'm arriving late at night, wrangling my 3 very young kids, by myself. I will happily pay someone to get my bags to my room very quickly. Thanks!

I'm 6'3" and weigh about 290. The pull down bed was quite comfortable, and fit me well. The sofa bed also fit me well, but wasn't too comfortable. It kind of leaned upwards where the seating part of the sofa would be if not unfolded (not sure if that makes sense), and there was one bar that I could feel running right by there. I'm sure feeling the bar had something to do with my weight though, as when I read reviews no one else seems to complain about it.
Thanks, My wife is leaning toward staying in the Little Mermaid rooms. We may still try to get a suite room. I think my oldest son would be fine on the pull down bed.

I just saw some bathroom photos and realized all my stuff is not going to fit on that tiny shower shelf. Has anyone hung any organizer from the shower head?

Also, while we are on the topic of organization, what do you bring along to help keep the room organized, like hanging cubes, etc?

I just saw some bathroom photos and realized all my stuff is not going to fit on that tiny shower shelf. Has anyone hung any organizer from the shower head?

Also, while we are on the topic of organization, what do you bring along to help keep the room organized, like hanging cubes, etc?

Anyone?

I use a vera bradley hanging toiletry bag. It has 3 small zip compartments and a large one on the bottom. It rolls up and ties neatly for packing too. I usually hang it in the bathroom.

I bring a little of everything, cold medicine, advil, bandaids, extension cord, suntan lotion, a shower cap for dd, etc!

It's so hard to choose between CR Garden Wing and AofA. After finally pretty much deciding on AofA, now I'm not sure, since you only get free QS Dining. If we book CR - we'd get free TS Dining I guess (Of course, this is going on the hope that they offer Free Dining next year). Decisions! o_O
That was what i was debating as well. If i was with only my dd or dh (we do single trips) i would pick CR. However i have dd and 2 friends and want that extra bathroom for myself so AOA it is!

Got my first email UOC and used it for $281 for party of 5 May 22-28 Nemo suite. Good? Wait for a better offer? Advice welcomed.
That is a good rate. Nemo will be the first to sell out so you are getting the best room and a discount. Sometimes you can only get one or the other.

I will be staying in a Nemo suite in January. I will post pix when i get back.

When we check in I'm going to have a rental car, we are doing a split stay so the kids will leave the GF for MK while I finish up my conference, at noon I'm going to drive our SUV with luggage over to the AOA -- once I get checked in if the room isn't ready, will they store bags for me at front desk and then bring them to the room when it is ready, or do we have to pick them up and bring them ourselves? We are planning on staying at the MK all day and have ADR at Tony's followed by Wishes. When I get done checking in, I'm returning the rental car - so we won't have a vehicle to transport all the luggage.

TIA,

Tom

That is a good rate. Nemo will be the first to sell out so you are getting the best room and a discount. Sometimes you can only get one or the other.

I will be staying in a Nemo suite in January. I will post pix when i get back.

Hey Trish! We will be backing you up in Cars a month later - we arrive 2/5.

Tom

I'm not much help -- we always just use the sample/travel size toiletry items in the shower and there's plenty of room for those on the shelf. Everything else I use in the bathroom is in a bag that we keep on the shelf under the sink and use as needed. I suppose if I had too much stuff for that little shelf in the shower, I'd just put the bottles on the floor in the shower while I'm in there and then move them back to the shelf when I'm finished (assuming we're talking about the walk-in shower in the suites). I'd probably take a small caddy/bucket to put them in so moving them back and forth would be easy.

Got my first email UOC and used it for $281 for party of 5 May 22-28 Nemo suite. Good? Wait for a better offer? Advice welcomed.

Personally, I think *any* discount on a Nemo suite is great. I'd be thrilled if I got the UOC you got. We've stayed at AoA twice now and always start by booking a Nemo suite but when discounts come out and we can't get one on the Nemo suite, we always end up switching to Lion King to get the discount. While we've really enjoyed the awesome location of our LK suites (soooooo close to Landscape of Flavors and the bus stops), we really would like to stay in a Nemo suite just for a change of scenery. So once again, we're booked in a Nemo suite for next June. This time I swear I'm staying there even if we don't get a discount (though the bargain-hunter in me might change her mind when discounts are released. lol.) Our son and daughter-in-law are traveling with us and they're staying at Pop Century so I think the easy proximity to Pop Century will help me justify staying in a Nemo suite this time even without a discount.

ETA: I just got that same UOC in the mail today. Of course we aren't checking in to our Nemo suite until later in June so it doesn't help me. Hopefully I'll get another one in a few months that does cover our dates!

Last edited:
My first 2 stays at Art of A, we could only book "family suite", which is a crap shoot, you get whatever they have left. To our surprise, we got Nemo the first time, and Lion King the second time. Next week, for stay #3, I booked earlier, and secured Cars for the Art of A Trifecta!

Next fall, we will have to pick which was our favorite. My only problem with LK was that with no pool, there was no close-by laundry facility. (I need this for reasons I will not detail here :rolleyes:) So LK would be last choice for us, only for that reason. Otherwise, I liked LK quite a bit. Nemo was nice for quick dashes to the food court.

My first 2 stays at Art of A, we could only book "family suite", which is a crap shoot, you get whatever they have left. To our surprise, we got Nemo the first time, and Lion King the second time. Next week, for stay #3, I booked earlier, and secured Cars for the Art of A Trifecta!

Next fall, we will have to pick which was our favorite. My only problem with LK was that with no pool, there was no close-by laundry facility. (I need this for reasons I will not detail here :rolleyes:) So LK would be last choice for us, only for that reason. Otherwise, I liked LK quite a bit. Nemo was nice for quick dashes to the food court.

But now with that Laundry Room app/website, you can check if any machines are available without leaving your room. And you can also check the progress of your laundry. I think the worst part of being far away from a laundry room is having to lug your stuff to the laundry room only to find out there are no available machines. Now you don't have to head there if there are no available machines. :)

When we check in I'm going to have a rental car, we are doing a split stay so the kids will leave the GF for MK while I finish up my conference, at noon I'm going to drive our SUV with luggage over to the AOA -- once I get checked in if the room isn't ready, will they store bags for me at front desk and then bring them to the room when it is ready, or do we have to pick them up and bring them ourselves? We are planning on staying at the MK all day and have ADR at Tony's followed by Wishes. When I get done checking in, I'm returning the rental car - so we won't have a vehicle to transport all the luggage.

TIA,

Tom

If your room is not ready, you'll be able to leave your bags with Luggage Services. Once in your room, call down to Luggage Services and they will bring your bags up.

But now with that Laundry Room app/website, you can check if any machines are available without leaving your room. And you can also check the progress of your laundry. I think the worst part of being far away from a laundry room is having to lug your stuff to the laundry room only to find out there are no available machines. Now you don't have to head there if there are no available machines. :)
I didn't know they have an app now! How cool. We were in Nemo suites in September but I had to walk to Cars to do laundry bc ours were full. But hubs brought me a drink and we sat by pool and relaxed. Not too bad!

Does Art of Animation have valet service? I'm arriving late at night, wrangling my 3 very young kids, by myself. I will happily pay someone to get my bags to my room very quickly. Thanks!
Are you using Magical Express or driving. They have luggage service I'm sure they would be happy to help you! They are so great there!

I've been trying to read through this, but I'm starting to get confused. We think we are going to stay at AofA Sept 2016. We are certainly hopeful that the free dining offer comes along. From what I'm reading, is this right?

1- Once you add Free Dining (if it's offered for next year), you can no longer request a suite (we were hoping for Nemo for the closeness to food and bus transport)?
2 - If Free Dining is offered next year, since we are at a value resort, it's only the QS Dining Plan, not the TS Dining Plan?

We have been debating back and forth between CR (Garden Wing) or AofA. We have 3 kids (14, 12, 9) and have finally decided AofA would be nice for the extra space even though we like the idea of walking to MK. But, I don't think we'd like the bus walk if we ended up in LM and I'd be disappointed if we couldn't get TS Free Dining...

Thanks!
I think you got answers but we were there in September, free dining but we did upgrade. We had requested a Lion King suite but got a Nemo suite which I was perfectly happy with bc we were closer to Big pool, Landscape and buses. We would definitely stay there again!! If we don't go again next fall we are pushing to spring break 2017. I might cry if I have to wait!!

They did not have that laundry room thing last visit, that will be helpful. I actually did menials time at midnight or something to beat the crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter