Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

They did not have that laundry room thing last visit, that will be helpful. I actually did menials time at midnight or something to beat the crowds.

When you go to that website and choose the specific laundry room, there will be a link to "weekly stats". When you click on that, it shows you a graph indicating the low, medium, and high use times over the last 14 days. I'm thinking if you check that a few times before you go, you could even plan the most optimal time to do laundry.

I'm curious if anyone knows what I can request on my online checkin to hopefully get a Nemo room. One option only as a request? Or...which one? ha thank you so much! :)

I'm curious if anyone knows what I can request on my online checkin to hopefully get a Nemo room. One option only as a request? Or...which one? ha thank you so much! :)

I don't know what the options are during online check in so I would recommend calling the main reservation line and add a request for Nemo to your reservation. I would make that your only request and then skip the request section during online check in.

Does the Art of Animation have any characters? Someone in my party has a Disney card and one of the perks is a private meeting with a character at our resort. I don't recall value resorts having any characters, but I usually stay at Pop Century. Anyone have a clue? TIA!

Does the Art of Animation have any characters? Someone in my party has a Disney card and one of the perks is a private meeting with a character at our resort. I don't recall value resorts having any characters, but I usually stay at Pop Century. Anyone have a clue? TIA!
I read some reports very recently about Jack Skellington greeting at AoA, but I don't know if that was a Disney Visa thing or what. It was the first I've ever heard of something like that!

Unless I'm missing something new or special, the Disney Visa character meet is at Epcot, not at the resorts.

I read some reports very recently about Jack Skellington greeting at AoA, but I don't know if that was a Disney Visa thing or what. It was the first I've ever heard of something like that!

Yes, there were reports about Jack Skellington and Sally meeting at AoA recently. I suspect this was some practice time for the characters prior to this year's Halloween parties.

I just saw some bathroom photos and realized all my stuff is not going to fit on that tiny shower shelf. Has anyone hung any organizer from the shower head?

Also, while we are on the topic of organization, what do you bring along to help keep the room organized, like hanging cubes, etc?
When my family stayed last summer for ten days in a LM room, I knew we'd have to stay organized to keep the chaos at bay! We brought an over-the-door shoe organizer and hung it in the bathroom on the closet rail. It held ALL the little brings we brought with us and even some of our clothes. I highly recommend bringing one!
If you know you'll have lots in the shower, bring a shower caddy that you can hang on the shower head. It would hold.

When my family stayed last summer for ten days in a LM room, I knew we'd have to stay organized to keep the chaos at bay! We brought an over-the-door shoe organizer and hung it in the bathroom on the closet rail. It held ALL the little brings we brought with us and even some of our clothes. I highly recommend bringing one!
If you know you'll have lots in the shower, bring a shower caddy that you can hang on the shower head. It would hold.
I bought this recently for my toiletries...

tol-bag2.png

tol-bag1.png

I've made it sound like I bring a suitcase worth of stuff in the shower! lol In reality, I just have normal size bottles b/c travel size isn't enough for my hair and shaving cream and such, but the shelf in the photos looks really tiny. Anybody know where you can get a small caddy that would hang on the shower head? It has to fit in the suitcase and be inexpensive.

I bought this recently for my toiletries...

tol-bag2.png

tol-bag1.png

Thanks for responding, but I can't see the photos. :) Can anyone else see them?

DH and I are considering a stay here and were wondering if anyone can answer a few things for me...

1) Does anyone know if the Rooms in the Little Mermaid section have that stupid motion sensor for the A/C? Our Room at POR in May had it and it made for a hard night's sleep.

We stayed in a LM room and the room was always cold, even we had just entered the room. I don't think there was a sensor

Last edited:
Can anyone who has stayed at AOA in a suite tell me if there is room for a twin size air mattress? My daughter is the worst to sleep with and we will already have 7 in the room. Me, DH, DD, DSIL, DD16 (the horrible sleeper), DD8 and our granddaughter who is 4 mos in a crib. We will be utilizing all the beds as it is and have a Pack n play. I am just wondering if it is worth it to ship a mattress down for her to use.

Can anyone who has stayed at AOA in a suite tell me if there is room for a twin size air mattress? My daughter is the worst to sleep with and we will already have 7 in the room. Me, DH, DD, DSIL, DD16 (the horrible sleeper), DD8 and our granddaughter who is 4 mos in a crib. We will be utilizing all the beds as it is and have a Pack n play. I am just wondering if it is worth it to ship a mattress down for her to use.

Yes, there is definitely room for one or two. We have used one during our stays (none of our kids like to share a bed -- they're all restless sleepers). We put it right next to the sofa bed -- in front of the kitchenette. You could probably fit one in the master bedroom as well (though it might partially block the door from being open all the way). I think you could also put one next to the table bed but it will partially block the "path" from the master bedroom to the rest of the room. We would stand the mattress on end and store it between the kitchenette and couch during the day so that it was out of the way. Our youngest daughter (age 10 on our most recent trip) likes to use the cushions from the couch (I wrap them in sheets) to make a bed on the floor. She puts them between the sofa bed and the exterior wall. She calls it her cave. :-D

Thanks so much! That is awesome news :) it sounds like the suite is pretty roomy!

I'm going to be staying at AOA with my sister and three kids in December. This will be the first time my 6 year old has a wheelchair and that I'll be staying here. Is there enough room in the family suites to park her wheelchair at night where we won't be tripping over it? I don't know what character section we will be in (my sister is a CM and booked the room for us as a Christmas gift for the kids), but I figure that they all are about the same size inside. My sister said she told them that my daughter has a wheelchair but she doesn't know if they have wheelchair rooms.. Sorry this became a book. Its our first trip with the wheelchair and I'm a bit worried about how it's going to go.

** I do know that its a suite and not one of the Little Mermaid rooms

Last edited:
We are staying in a Nemo Suite next week. Can anyone tell me if there is a laundry room by the Big Blue Pool…or will we have to go to another?

We are staying in a Nemo Suite next week. Can anyone tell me if there is a laundry room by the Big Blue Pool…or will we have to go to another?

I haven't stayed yet (I'm going to in February and really looking forward to it), however, on the map link below it looks like there is a laundry where the B is in the Nemo section (in addition to others in the resort as well).

Tom

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/artofanimationmap.htm

Thats great! Thanks for the link KonaKaiTom. We stayed there last year for 2 nights but were in a LM room and didn't do laundry. I was hoping there would be one near us and I wouldn't have to drag the dirty laundry too far :) 6 people plus an infant generate a lot of dirty duds ;)

I'm going to be staying at AOA with my sister and three kids in December. This will be the first time my 6 year old has a wheelchair and that I'll be staying here. Is there enough room in the family suites to park her wheelchair at night where we won't be tripping over it? I don't know what character section we will be in (my sister is a CM and booked the room for us as a Christmas gift for the kids), but I figure that they all are about the same size inside. My sister said she told them that my daughter has a wheelchair but she doesn't know if they have wheelchair rooms.. Sorry this became a book. Its our first trip with the wheelchair and I'm a bit worried about how it's going to go.

** I do know that its a suite and not one of the Little Mermaid rooms

We stayed in a Cars suite last year and I believe you should be ok. I assume there's a way to "fold" her wheelchair. If so, it should be able to slide between the folded out couch and wall, the table bed and wall, or in the master bedroom. If it doesn't fold in some way, you can probably still fit it in the master bedroom. We loved AoA and I sincerely hope you have a fabulous trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter