Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the replies re: the safes in the LM rooms and suites. I was afraid the laptop wouldn't fit. We could lock it in the suitcase, but maybe we'll try to live without it :-)scared1:) for a week.

Are you going to be online at all? Our phones showed that Wifi was enabled (and even at full strength), but we were never able to connect to any sites via Wifi (or even without WiFi) unless outside on the bottom floor. We were in LM and we have AT&T. If you plan to use your laptop and need Internet access, remember that you might have to leave the room for it. It seems to work for some people and not for others. We were on the 4th floor. :)

sixkristy6 said:
Are you going to be online at all? Our phones showed that Wifi was enabled (and even at full strength), but we were never able to connect to any sites via Wifi (or even without WiFi) unless outside on the bottom floor. We were in LM and we have AT&T. If you plan to use your laptop and need Internet access, remember that you might have to leave the room for it. It seems to work for some people and not for others. We were on the 4th floor. :)

We were in building 9 this week, ground floor and had no issues with wifi, but had no cell service in the room

sixkristy6 said:

Glad to know! I was counting on wifi to work. I'll be sure to bring my Hot Spot. :-)

Yep - that's the only reason we'd even bring the thing. We don't have smart phones...yet. But things could change by the time our trip rolls around. The need for internet is just for the sake of habit, not work, so maybe we'll just leave the laptop at home. Thanks for the heads up - esp since we're staying in LM, and we'll be requesting the 4th floor!

I just wanted to let everyone know that if you have a problem with wifi to just call technical support. The number is by the phone. I was able to connect while staying in the Cars suite but it would continuously disconnect. I had to get some work done so I called the number. I was told to allow 45 minutes after providing my IP address. After that I had no problems for the rest of my stay. However, the cell service was poor the whole time. I had to stand by the window in order to not have my calls dropped. I have an iPhone 5 with Sprint but it seems like people have been having issues no matter what carrier or what type of phone.

I just wanted to let everyone know that if you have a problem with wifi to just call technical support. The number is by the phone. I was able to connect while staying in the Cars suite but it would continuously disconnect. I had to get some work done so I called the number. I was told to allow 45 minutes after providing my IP address. After that I had no problems for the rest of my stay. However, the cell service was poor the whole time. I had to stand by the window in order to not have my calls dropped. I have an iPhone 5 with Sprint but it seems like people have been having issues no matter what carrier or what type of phone.

completely agree. Had issues, called, resolved when I logged on the next morning ( I called at night )
:goodvibes

Glad the wifi issue has a chance of being solved, but Disney seriously need to bring in cell signal boosters for the resort. :sad2: We had zero phone reception in Cars and very spotty signal in LM Bldg 8.

I made sure our family had the room phone number in case of emergency, but pretty irritating that I couldn't just call them at night to tell them about our day. :headache:

This has probably been asked already, but there are a lot of pages in this thread lol

Is there a Standard Lion King Suite? That would make my entire trip.

I thought about calling but I didn't really need WiFi. I was only bothered by not being able to play Words With Friends. ;)

Checking in Thursday. Lion King Family Suite. Will be doing trip report. Its a long weekend that will include the Halloween party.

I'm so happy!!!!!:yay:

Does anyone know if the dining table can be folded up in the Lion King suite so I could put a full size crib there instead of using the pull down bed from the wall? I dont think my child will sleep in a pack n play. Thanks in advance.

luvthecards said:
Does anyone know if the dining table can be folded up in the Lion King suite so I could put a full size crib there instead of using the pull down bed from the wall? I dont think my child will sleep in a pack n play. Thanks in advance.

No, I don't think so. Either table or bed. There is room in the bedroom or living room if not pulling out the couch bed.

Last minute trip just booked it today....checking in on saturday LM room! The best thing about booking a last minute trip is your trip countdown starts in the single digits!!!!:cool1:

hrt2hrtmomdeb said:
Last minute trip just booked it today....checking in on saturday LM room! The best thing about booking a last minute trip is your trip countdown starts in the single digits!!!!:cool1:

Fun! Post some pics for those of us waiting in the 20s for our trip. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm in building 8 of the little mermaid rooms, bottom floor room 8558. My WiFi is full strength and fast, my cell service (Verizon) is great too. I was able to store my netbook in the safe no problem, by putting it on the side.

Pstecker said:
I'm in building 8 of the little mermaid rooms, bottom floor room 8558. My WiFi is full strength and fast, my cell service (Verizon) is great too. I was able to store my netbook in the safe no problem, by putting it on the side.

I'm now hoping for building 8 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter