Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

Good news and bad news. The prices indeed are the same (as I tried to tell both CM's) HOWEVER the prices for 2013 have already gone up :sad2:. I was hoping to lock in before the increase and since they haven't announced the resort price increase, it feels odd to me. The CM I just spoke to even said they weren't aware of it and still had the 2012 price sheet and didn't know when the resort prices were going into affect. I politely told her, um, they already have! :)

So, for this year at the same time for POP/LM it would be $1190 and next year during the same week it's $1300 (I think I told you guys $1351 earlier since the first CM over quoted me and I noticed on my invoice I just got it's $1300.51 so she just read it wrong - no problem). So that's an increase of $110 for 7 nights or approx $15 a night - yowsers.

I wonder if the 2013 resort prices kicked in today when the ticket prices went up and it wasn't announced? Oh well....

Thanks,
Heather

Forgive me if I misunderstood your message, but I've been trying to find 2013 resort rates online (esp for AoA) but they aren't posted. You saw them somewhere? If so, can you tell me where? I went to each resorts webpage and nothing yet. Thanks in advance! :littleangel:

Forgive me if I misunderstood your message, but I've been trying to find 2013 resort rates online (esp for AoA) but they aren't posted. You saw them somewhere? If so, can you tell me where? I went to each resorts webpage and nothing yet. Thanks in advance! :littleangel:
:welcome: to the DIS, jdnlaura!

It is my understanding that 2013 resort bookings are currently only available by phone. The 2013 rates won't be released until about August. You can book a room-only reservation now by calling, but you will be quoted the highest 2012 rate (Christmas Week). When the 2013 rates are released, your rate will revert to the 2013 rate and you can also book packages then.

:welcome: to the DIS, jdnlaura!

It is my understanding that 2013 resort bookings are currently only available by phone. The 2013 rates won't be released until about August. You can book a room-only reservation now by calling, but you will be quoted the highest 2012 rate (Christmas Week). When the 2013 rates are released, your rate will revert to the 2013 rate and you can also book packages then.
Correct - I called and did resort only so I could lock in a room. I was trying to lock in the 2012 rates but everything I'm showing leads to me having the higher 2013 rates even though they haven't been released yet.

Interesting - I do remember reading in the past they would lock in the highest rate when booking and then lower later when the prices are released but that doesn't appear to have happened to us. Both CM's quoted me a summer rate and just now I plugged in Xmas week this year to compare and it was around $1488 and ours is $1300.

It truly appears we have the new 2013 prices for our June 2013 reservation. I'll keep an eye on it when the rates are officially announced! Thanks :thumbsup2

Heather

Did you see any ice cream sundaes there? I JUST want to know if they have the ice cream like POP has.

Does ANYONE know the answer???:scared::faint::rotfl:

There is no ice cream sundaes that I see and we are here now. And actually there is only gelato in the case. So it looks like a no.

There was an earlier post, I don't think it was answered, about putting a rollaway in the suites? It looks like there would be room in the living room. Can someone who has stayed here let me know if one fits, we are going in Sept.

The only way I can see a roll away bed fitting is if it is in front on the sink area. That is where we have our double stroller when the sofa bed is out. Which btw the sofa bed is not comfy and the comforter on the main bed is terribly stiff. Maybe after a few wasings it will be better but who knows.

I'm trying to help a friend find out some info on the Little Mermaid section at AoA. Hoping someone here might be able to help me!

1. Does anyone know yet how long the walk if from the LM section to the bus stops & food court?

2. If you want to be as close as possible to these areas, what would be the best request to make?

Thank you!

Trying to convince the DBF that we should go back to Disney in November (we will be there September) for a short week and stay at AOA, so excited to see what it's like!! :banana:

I'm trying to help a friend find out some info on the Little Mermaid section at AoA. Hoping someone here might be able to help me!

1. Does anyone know yet how long the walk if from the LM section to the bus stops & food court?

2. If you want to be as close as possible to these areas, what would be the best request to make?

The length of the walk will vary depending on which LM building you're in, but whatever the case, any walk should be under 10 minutes. The LM section will be the furthest away, but relatively speaking it is still close. Both Pop Century and AoA are fairly compact.

If you mean what request to make for a LM building to be closest to buses and food court, then LM buildings 7 and 9 will closer than building 8.

The length of the walk will vary depending on which LM building you're in, but whatever the case, any walk should be under 10 minutes. The LM section will be the furthest away, but relatively speaking it is still close. Both Pop Century and AoA are fairly compact.

If you mean what request to make for a LM building to be closest to buses and food court, then LM buildings 7 and 9 will closer than building 8.

Thank you very much for this information! I think it will help my friend out! :goodvibes

i think im the only one who wants 1st floor closest to parking as humanly possible at the lm rooms :) soooooooooooooo excited!!!

Just got home from our stay at AoA. Beautiful hotel. My husband & kids all got sick on June 1st so we had tons of time checking out the hotel between naps. We booked a stay in a Cars room for October 28th-November 1st.

I am hoping that we get our room request I know nothing is a sure thing but we want to be on the top floor of building 10.....Hope tinkerbelle helps us out with some pixie dust!

Amanda
DH Pedro
DD 9
DD 3
DD 2

I am getting nervous now that we are so close to leaving! We are staying in the finding nemo wing! kids and hubby's first time and my third to WDW, everyone is getting excited and I am freaking out and hoping all my planning is good. :).

WOW! That looks cooler than some of the park areas at night. This is really going to be an adventure!

Okay, I am an idiot. Thanks for not calling me out (although I am fine if you do).
I just figured out that the pics and video of Cars is the Cars theme area at Disneyland not the resort. D'oh.

Okay, I am an idiot. Thanks for not calling me out (although I am fine if you do).
I just figured out that the pics and video of Cars is the Cars theme area at Disneyland not the resort. D'oh.

The bottom video was from CarsLAND but the first video and all the pics are from AOA. ;)

There was an earlier post, I don't think it was answered, about putting a rollaway in the suites? It looks like there would be room in the living room. Can someone who has stayed here let me know if one fits, we are going in Sept.

I was told by a crm that this resort doesn't have any cots or rollaways...

Just got home from our stay at AoA. Beautiful hotel. My husband & kids all got sick on June 1st so we had tons of time checking out the hotel between naps. We booked a stay in a Cars room for October 28th-November 1st.

Can you please tell us about your stay at AoA? How was the food court? How did you find the selections there? How was the bus service? How was the pool and the kiddie pool? How was your room? How was the mousekeeping? How did you find this place overall? Would you go back to this resort again? Thanks! I'm dying to know someone's overall experience!! Do you have any pictures to share? :banana::banana::banana: Thanks! Sorry that your family got sick on the trip, I hope they are better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter