Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried POP and AOA for 9/22-9/29 room only and got $807 for AOA and $767 for POP. That was just 2 adults (I don't know what your party is) and the standard room at POP. Are you looking at the preferred at POP? Could that be why it came up the same??

When I switched from POP to AOA, it was a $46 difference for 9 nights.

I'm guessing it's about the room level. When we switched from POP preferred pool view, our cost went down when I switched to a standard AoA LM room.

Thanks for looking guys! ;)

Strangely - I'm still showing $885 for both. Our party would be 3 adults one child. I'll copy/paste the pertinent info from the Disney page.

Both rooms were standard and please note it even shows on the same page $885 for the POP? :confused3

Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Total: $885**†
View This Alternate Offer for
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Total: $885**†

View This Alternate Offer for
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Total: $1,449**†

View Resort Details
Stay in a standard room or family suite—and feel like you're in a colorful storybook at a Resort inspired by Walt Disney Pictures and Disney·Pixar animated films.

* Room Type
CLOSE
* The Little Mermaid - Standard Room Included *

Date Rate per Night
Sat, Sep 22
$ 122.00
Sun, Sep 23
$ 107.00
Mon, Sep 24
$ 107.00
Tue, Sep 25
$ 107.00
Wed, Sep 26
$ 107.00
Thu, Sep 27
$ 107.00
Fri, Sep 28
$ 130.00
* Themed Family Suite +$1,161**† *
* Finding Nemo Family Suite +$1,161**† *
* The Lion King Family Suite +$1,161**† *
* Cars Family Suite +$1,161**† *

Total:$885 †

† Total Room Price includes tax.
**Disney's Magical Express complimentary service is available only to Guests staying at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels.

Thanks
Heather

I can confirm that the rates are the same as well.
We booked from Oct 28 - Nov 3 and it's $726 for a standard room at both Pop & AoA! Just tried it again online and got the same price :thumbsup2

Agree at POP you want a lake view (50s area) but at AOA it would be opposite to see the fireworks, so not a lake view.

I actually didn't know but you would think the CM would know that. :laughing: It really doesn't matter either way to me. Since the suites are indoor corridors it would be nice to look out the windows and see water instead of a parking lot. Can't wait to see some Diser pics from the Lion King suites in August!

Update:

Good news and bad news. The prices indeed are the same (as I tried to tell both CM's) HOWEVER the prices for 2013 have already gone up :sad2:. I was hoping to lock in before the increase and since they haven't announced the resort price increase, it feels odd to me. The CM I just spoke to even said they weren't aware of it and still had the 2012 price sheet and didn't know when the resort prices were going into affect. I politely told her, um, they already have! :)

So, for this year at the same time for POP/LM it would be $1190 and next year during the same week it's $1300 (I think I told you guys $1351 earlier since the first CM over quoted me and I noticed on my invoice I just got it's $1300.51 so she just read it wrong - no problem). So that's an increase of $110 for 7 nights or approx $15 a night - yowsers.

I wonder if the 2013 resort prices kicked in today when the ticket prices went up and it wasn't announced? Oh well....

Thanks,
Heather

Booking 9/15 to 9/22 (a night extra "thanks" to Southwest's pricing... what a shame :rolleyes1) in a standard room. Stumbled upon this picture the other day of the room decor/quality. Perhaps others have seen, but couldn't help but share for those looking for more!

I'm personally a fan of the dresser set up as well the privacy curtain.

AOA-Little-Mermaid-Bedroom-800x362.jpg

Booking 9/15 to 9/22 (a night extra "thanks" to Southwest's pricing... what a shame :rolleyes1) in a standard room. Stumbled upon this picture the other day of the room decor/quality. Perhaps others have seen, but couldn't help but share for those looking for more!

I'm personally a fan of the dresser set up as well the privacy curtain.

AOA-Little-Mermaid-Bedroom-800x362.jpg
Thank you for sharing this picture!! Love it!!:banana::banana:

Probably the same reason Sanaa always seems dead even though it has the best food AND the view of the animals, people are afraid of words like "Tandori".

I hope they keep at least some of it. I try to eat the things at Disney that I can't get at home. I can get an awesome cheeseburger or chicken nuggets any day, but Moraccan, Tandori, Polynesian? I have to get my fix of those at the World!

thank you both for your replies and insight. I'm a conservative eater but DH and DD are both adventurous eaters and DD loves to try new things. Hopefully they'll still have a lot of the unique foods when we go in September.

Thanks again!

Too many "different" foods and not enough normal ones. From what I have read about people down there right now the food court is pretty dead and not many are going for the "different" offerings. I almost expect they will revamp this in a few months if it continues like this.

Ate there this evening. The "different foods" were fantastic. I was happy to see the longest line was for the Mongolian grill items and the Tandori items. They were a bit slow serving but they are new. I was thrilled to see most of the people eating that instead of pizza, which can be gotten at home. I liked it so much I sent an email to Disney telling them how great it was that they were offering unique items and to please not change a thing.

Ate there this evening. The "different foods" were fantastic. I was happy to see the longest line was for the Mongolian grill items and the Tandori items. They were a bit slow serving but they are new. I was thrilled to see most of the people eating that instead of pizza, which can be gotten at home. I liked it so much I sent an email to Disney telling them how great it was that they were offering unique items and to please not change a thing.

Did you see any ice cream sundaes there? I JUST want to know if they have the ice cream like POP has.

Does ANYONE know the answer???:scared::faint::rotfl:

Did you see any ice cream sundaes there? I JUST want to know if they have the ice cream like POP has.

Does ANYONE know the answer???:scared::faint::rotfl:

All the pictures and menus I have looked at do not have ice cream just gelato and smoothies including those on the easy wdw website. They had a lot of info. About the food court.. Probably going to have to go over to pop for ice cream.

There was an earlier post, I don't think it was answered, about putting a rollaway in the suites? It looks like there would be room in the living room. Can someone who has stayed here let me know if one fits, we are going in Sept.

I can confirm that the rates are the same as well.
We booked from Oct 28 - Nov 3 and it's $726 for a standard room at both Pop & AoA! Just tried it again online and got the same price :thumbsup2

You are only getting the same price because Pop is checked as being a standard pool view. If you check standard room at Pop it is a bit cheaper than AOA.

I think I saw on Easy WDW that there is a soda station at the pool bar. Are we able to refill our mugs there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter