Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea if there are doors at both ends and in the middle? I'd have to think there are, but I'd like to be sure. I want to request a room at the end of building 7 closest to building 6, but not if I have to go back down to the middle to get out.

Walked through there today. There are doors at both ends and a bigger set of doors in the middle.

Well, the suites sleep 6 so some how there should be plenty of room for your 2 teenagers. I doubt that they would bring in a roll away bed..but, wonders never cease, so maybe you would be in luck..

Pixie Poppins your the best . How where the two pull out beds .

The Murphy bed was very easy to pull down, the sofa bed was more challenging. I thought the Murphy was more comfy than the sofabed. I could feel the frame of the sofbed. The Murphy is a regular mattress on a wood box frame. The regular bed is most comfortable. My DDs 15 and 12 slept fine on the Murphy and FS9 loved the sofabed.

Might be a silly question but has anyone been able to get free dining at AOA? I called to book for right after opening weekend for LM and she said the pin didn't apply. Or maybe there were just no rooms open? :confused3

I booked AoA with FD this past Tuesday for November 29-December 7!

I have never been to any resort before. So, would the walk from LM be less than 10 min. to the lobby and bus stops?

I never timed it, but I'd say it would probably be about 10 minutes at the most to get out to the bus stops (which is the furthest thing to get to). And I walk with a 4 year old, so it's not speed walking or anything :)

I booked a solo trip at AoA for Dec1 - Dec8th. I didn't know at the time that it was blacked out for FD but I'm okay with that. I don't eat very much anyway!:rolleyes1
I'm so excited to be trying a new resort.
When I booked I didn't get a "view" option? I will call back later to request (and pay for?) a lake view, if possible.
The menu has been taking some heat but it is very suitable for me as I like different and healthy choices. I see all the "usual suspects" are there anyway.
I don't have children:hug: so i don't really understand the chicken nugget thing anyway:confused3

I have only stayed at mods since 2000, before then Pop Century was my fave. I was looking forward to 1900-1940 to go in where AoA is now, but I guess it didn't really sync with today's kids. They wouldn't identify with any of it:happytv:

I can hardly wait, much magical planning to do! I've never been at Disney even close to Christmas so that is a very special treat in addition to the new resort.:cloud9:

I never timed it, but I'd say it would probably be about 10 minutes at the most to get out to the bus stops (which is the furthest thing to get to). And I walk with a 4 year old, so it's not speed walking or anything :)

We have a 4 year old as well. Perfect! Thanks!

When I booked I didn't get a "view" option? I will call back later to request (and pay for?) a lake view, if possible.

:

If you have a lakeview, is this where you would see the fireworks from Epcot? I assume the answer is yes, but I wanted to check.

I just tried to change my reservation at POP in October to LM section of AOA. The first CM that I spoke with said it was completely booked for my dates. I asked if it was because of my pin code (I have free cs dining upgraded to regular dining), and she said that it was because the LM section of the resort was completely booked. After trying my dates online and seeing availability, I called back to make sure the 1st CM was correct. The 2nd CM looked at my reservation and said the only way that I could switch is if I upgraded to the deluxe dining plan. :confused3:confused3 Has anyone ever heard of anything like this?? I didn't do it, but it seems a little....shady? to me.

I just tried to change my reservation at POP in October to LM section of AOA. The first CM that I spoke with said it was completely booked for my dates. I asked if it was because of my pin code (I have free cs dining upgraded to regular dining), and she said that it was because the LM section of the resort was completely booked. After trying my dates online and seeing availability, I called back to make sure the 1st CM was correct. The 2nd CM looked at my reservation and said the only way that I could switch is if I upgraded to the deluxe dining plan. :confused3:confused3 Has anyone ever heard of anything like this?? I didn't do it, but it seems a little....shady? to me.

We have had to change from a standard room in values but never to deluxe dining . I would call back and ask to speak to a manager if you have know luck.

If you have a lakeview, is this where you would see the fireworks from Epcot? I assume the answer is yes, but I wanted to check.

A CM told me last week that she was able to see the Epcot fireworks from AoA so I quickly added a room request to face the lake. ;)

That's how I understood it too since that would mirror Pop. I'm guessing this is one of those "the CM on the phone told me" things, but just thought I'd double check. She was saying there was a second stop down there.

Has this been confirmed yet?
Second bus stop? This has me wondering if we should stay in a family suite instead of a standard.

NO that is not correct at all.

I booked a solo trip at AoA for Dec1 - Dec8th. I didn't know at the time that it was blacked out for FD but I'm okay with that. I don't eat very much anyway!:rolleyes1
The menu has been taking some heat but it is very suitable for me as I like different and healthy choices. I see all the "usual suspects" are there anyway.
I don't have children:hug: so i don't really understand the chicken nugget thing anyway:confused3

I have only stayed at mods since 2000, before then Pop Century was my fave. I was looking forward to 1900-1940 to go in where AoA is now, but I guess it didn't really sync with today's kids. They wouldn't identify with any of it:happytv:

I can hardly wait, much magical planning to do! I've never been at Disney even close to Christmas so that is a very special treat in addition to the new resort.:cloud9:

There are no view options, just section options. You can ask for a certain view, but it's only a request.

Yea for you Janet!!! Hope you love it! It looks really fun!

Are the room entrance doors inside a hall I'm guessing?? I can't seem to find a photo of how you get in a room.:confused3

Only in the suites do they have interior halls. The Little Mermaid rooms wil lbe like pop with an outside door.

I've missed this - why is the menu taking some "heat"? I've looked at it online and it looked good to me can someone fill me in?

thanks!

I've missed this - why is the menu taking some "heat"? I've looked at it online and it looked good to me can someone fill me in?

thanks!

Too many "different" foods and not enough normal ones. From what I have read about people down there right now the food court is pretty dead and not many are going for the "different" offerings. I almost expect they will revamp this in a few months if it continues like this.

Too many "different" foods and not enough normal ones. From what I have read about people down there right now the food court is pretty dead and not many are going for the "different" offerings. I almost expect they will revamp this in a few months if it continues like this.

Probably the same reason Sanaa always seems dead even though it has the best food AND the view of the animals, people are afraid of words like "Tandori".

I hope they keep at least some of it. I try to eat the things at Disney that I can't get at home. I can get an awesome cheeseburger or chicken nuggets any day, but Moraccan, Tandori, Polynesian? I have to get my fix of those at the World!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter