Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Can anyone tell me about the laundry facilities at all star sports?
How much is it to do a load? Do the machines take quarters? Is there certain hours the facility is open?
This is our first trip!!!

I can't remember the cost per load but they do take quarters. I'm not sure about hours either but I definitely did laundry relatively late like around 10 pm and they were still very much open.

Any experience good or bad with checking out on last day and leaving luggage with bell services/front desk, go to park and then go back to resort for DME? Are they organized with the luggages that you keep there?

How do you put in room requests for this resort? I'm really hoping to get touchdown and ground floor.

when i call and make my reservations, i ask the CM to put my request in the notes of my ressie.
for all of my stays at sports, it has never been a problem in having my requests honored.
if they tell me they have a room ready when i arrive and it isn't what i requested, they tell me i will have to wait until a room is cleaned and cleared to be assigned to what i want.

Any experience good or bad with checking out on last day and leaving luggage with bell services/front desk, go to park and then go back to resort for DME? Are they organized with the luggages that you keep there?
We had a really late flight (8:35 PM) but checked our luggage with resort airline check in at around 9 AM before going to the park. It was quick and easy. We left our carry ons with bell services and they kept all three of our bags together and tagged. They give you a card that is the other half of the tag, so it's easy for them to find. We had no problems at all.

Just a few more days until im "home" againe :cool1: ive stayed at every level of resort in WDW but just love ASSp for some reason...I just love the palm trees and surf theme around the pool...can't wait!!

Just a few more days until im "home" againe :cool1: ive stayed at every level of resort in WDW but just love ASSp for some reason...I just love the palm trees and surf theme around the pool...can't wait!!

Have a great trip and come back to share your reviews:thumbsup2

Hey everyone. I had to cancel my February Solo Birthday trip because of a work conference. However I did reschedule my trip for the end of January for 3 days instead. Only problem is that Sports was all full so I took a room at AS Music instead. I am such a traitor:lmao::lmao: My ticker days has lessened to 52 days left though:rotfl2:

so, is the april trip the second vaca you will have at sports this year?

i remembered this post above where you had to cancel the birthday trip and push it up to end of this month.

so i'm confused, which is nothing really new but, is the rescheduled trip being rescheduled again until april?
or do you have planned music for january and sports for april?

your ticket shows another 3 months.

If you request a crib in the room, do you get a crib or a pack n play? I want to bring a sheet for it from home if possible?

so, is the april trip the second vaca you will have at sports this year?

i remembered this post above where you had to cancel the birthday trip and push it up to end of this month.

so i'm confused, which is nothing really new but, is the rescheduled trip being rescheduled again until april?
or do you have planned music for january and sports for april?

your ticket shows another 3 months.

You are so spot on. Cancelling and rescheduling seems to be "my thing" to do lately. I rescheduled for the of April for Sports. I got the room discount and buy 4 tickets and get one free deal. I plan on taking the tickets and putting them towards an AP.

DH and I will staying at ASSp for the first time 2-26/3-9. It wasn't my top pick but the price was right for our last minute trip. After reading this thread I am really looking forward to our stay.

We will have a rental so buses aren't an issue. My DH really doesn't like buses.

The resort looks like a perfect size and we only planned to eat counter service this trip anyway (except one Via Napoli indulgence).

The rooms look nice. My only wish is that I won't have my sleep disturbed by loud groups or rude guests. Sleep is so very hard to come by for me anyway.

My son will be a varsity ILB next year so I had to request Touchdown. We are so excited!!

DH and I will staying at ASSp for the first time 2-26/3-9. It wasn't my top pick but the price was right for our last minute trip. After reading this thread I am really looking forward to our stay.

We will have a rental so buses aren't an issue. My DH really doesn't like buses.

The resort looks like a perfect size and we only planned to eat counter service this trip anyway (except one Via Napoli indulgence).

The rooms look nice. My only wish is that I won't have my sleep disturbed by loud groups or rude guests. Sleep is so very hard to come by for me anyway.

My son will be a varsity ILB next year so I had to request Touchdown. We are so excited!!

If you need quiet ask for a room on the back side of a building. It is amazing how loud it is on the side by the pools, but the minute you go around to the back it is peaceful as can be.

Have a great trip. Remember to come back here and tell us about your stay. AS Sports is a great resort:thumbsup2

Did anyone have experience shipping to All Star sports in advance of check-in? How was it and retrieval from front desk go smoothly?

I'm thinking about ordering from Amazon a small box of baby essentials and snacks.

Did anyone have experience shipping to All Star sports in advance of check-in? How was it and retrieval from front desk go smoothly?

I'm thinking about ordering from Amazon a small box of baby essentials and snacks.

I ordered a box from Amazon Prime Pantry last year and it was kind of a hassle to get it. (we also stayed at ASSp) The front desk manager said that when a box arrives prior to you actually checking in it goes to central distribution (I think that's what he called it) where it sits until you check in. They will not hold the box at the hotel until you arrive. After you have checked in, it is then put back out for delivery. After spending a lot of time at the front desk and bell desk, my boxes were finally delivered around 1 am.

My friend had the same experience. She ordered a case of water from Costco and they did not receive it until 2 days after they checked in.

I would recommend using one of the local grocery delivery services. I'm not sure why it is treated differently but whenever I've ordered groceries (I've only used Garden Grocer but many also like We Go Shop) my order is waiting for me and ready to be delivered to my room within 30 minutes.

If you have the option to fly Southwest that may be your best option. You can check two bags per person for free so you can bring whatever you need.

Good luck!

I ordered a box from Amazon Prime Pantry last year and it was kind of a hassle to get it. (we also stayed at ASSp) The front desk manager said that when a box arrives prior to you actually checking in it goes to central distribution (I think that's what he called it) where it sits until you check in. They will not hold the box at the hotel until you arrive. After you have checked in, it is then put back out for delivery. After spending a lot of time at the front desk and bell desk, my boxes were finally delivered around 1 am.

My friend had the same experience. She ordered a case of water from Costco and they did not receive it until 2 days after they checked in.

I would recommend using one of the local grocery delivery services. I'm not sure why it is treated differently but whenever I've ordered groceries (I've only used Garden Grocer but many also like We Go Shop) my order is waiting for me and ready to be delivered to my room within 30 minutes.

If you have the option to fly Southwest that may be your best option. You can check two bags per person for free so you can bring whatever you need.

Good luck!

HMM, that is a bummer!!! then I might have to try out the local services then. I had no issue delivery to contemporary and this is my first time trying our ASsp and was hoping it would be same easy process to pick up from front desk.

We just returned from our stay on January 27th. Our room was #1256 in the Surf's Up section. Our only complaint was being awoken at 8 am by the maids banging the door next to ours, speaking really loudly to each other, and instead of propping the door open allowing it to repeatedly slam every time she went to her cart :worried: That could happen anywhere though and it did not ruin our stay. We had absolutely no issues with the bus service. My kids enjoyed the food court choices and overall we would stay here again.:thumbsup2

we were going to go to Port Orleans French Quarter and then when the rates came out for room discounts and PO doesnt do any for FQ...he was looking back to Sports..and voila we saved mega bucks..plus AP discount too...We decided that we loved Sports Music and Movies...we have loved PO and also Dolphin..but all Star Resorts are so disney..

Only thing that I didnt like last May..was NO ICE CREAM.at Sports..yes it really bothered me...so will have to do ice cream in the parks...or DTD..

I was hoping for a quiet room in the hoops section . I don't want to face the walkway/courtyard but not a parking lot either. Also would like anthing but the 1st floor. Anyone know what is best to request for online check in? Right now all I have is the request for the hoops section. Thanks!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter