Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

We are staying here for one night at the beginning of our trip this summer. It'll be our first time at Movies. I've seen a mention of a secret menu. What is it and how does it work?

Ask a cm on the food court for the secret menu
They will show you the menu selection they have for it

A few choices that can be ordered

I used it once and believe it might have been 3 or 4 meals that are only made by request off the secret menu

To add on to what macraven said, I believe you need to go to The Roxy section of the food court to order from the secret menu.

I believe they have a cinnamon roll bacon cheese burger, bacon mac and cheese hot dog, and poutine.

Thank you! No doubt my kiddos will think this is cool. We will certainly try it when we go!

Hi! My family and I are strongly considering a 4 night stay at All Star Movies in late Sept/early Oct. 1) Does the gift shop/food court sell small grocery store items like milk, crackers, mini boxes of cereal, bottled water, etc? 2) I read some complaints on Yelp about dirty rooms, dead bugs/worms in the rooms, etc. How clean are the rooms? 3) Can we check in online without waiting on line at hotel registration? 4) Are there night time activities at this hotel?

Hi! My family and I are strongly considering a 4 night stay at All Star Movies in late Sept/early Oct. 1) Does the gift shop/food court sell small grocery store items like milk, crackers, mini boxes of cereal, bottled water, etc? 2) I read some complaints on Yelp about dirty rooms, dead bugs/worms in the rooms, etc. How clean are the rooms? 3) Can we check in online without waiting on line at hotel registration? 4) Are there night time activities at this hotel?

1. Yup, all of that.
2. In our experience the rooms are extremely clean. Just as clean as our rooms at Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, etc.
3. You can do Online Checkin, but you may still have to stop by the Front Desk. Some guests get to Bypass The Front Desk and some don't. No idea how they decide.
4. There's a pool bar, marshmallow roasting and outdoor movies.

Just got back from a three day trip... we were in building six (Love Bug) and the renovated rooms are fantastic! I slept on the Murphy bed and it was really comfortable. I’m pretty sure the renovations are still going on in building four, and they’ve been started in building three as well.

I actually think the Love Bug section is in the perfect location for standard rooms - the walk is super short to the pool and main building. We didn’t walk all the way down to the Mighty Ducks section, but it seems a lot farther away. I know there is another pool down there so that may be a better benefit to some.

Overall, we loved the resort! We spent a couple of hours each on two afternoons at the main pool and it was fantastic. The staff was wonderful, the food court options were great, the store was cute, and the buses ran just like any other resort we’ve been at (All Star Music, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach, Wilderness Lodge). Overall, a great stay!

Last edited:
1. Yup, all of that.
2. In our experience the rooms are extremely clean. Just as clean as our rooms at Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, etc.
3. You can do Online Checkin, but you may still have to stop by the Front Desk. Some guests get to Bypass The Front Desk and some don't. No idea how they decide.
4. There's a pool bar, marshmallow roasting and outdoor movies.

Thanks for the details! Much appreciated.

Thanks for the details! Much appreciated.
For Marshmallow Roasting,just to clarify,you won't be able to do that at "your" Resort.:)

The Nightly Campfire is at Movies' "Sister" Resort,All-Star Sports,currently from 7:00 PM-8:00 PM nightly.

It is an easy 10 minute walk from Movies to Sports and the walk allows a Guest to see some of all 3 Resorts.

Form Movies,walk through the Mighty Ducks section and then cross the road and there is a walkway to Music.

Just keep walking straight on that walkway and on through the Calypso section until you come to a Parking Lot,

Cross the Parking Lot and you will be at the Home Run Hotel section at Sports.

Walk through Home Run Hotel and you will see a "football field".

Walk down the Football Field and after you exit the field,keep walking and you will see the Campfire on your left.

Have fun at the All-Stars-we love it there!:)

29706197328_3cd54e5448_h.jpg

Just booked a quick 2 night stay for next week! :cool1::eek: (DH has work trip, here I come).
Never stayed at Movies. What quick tips do you have? Saw above post that 'smores are at sister resort. Do they show the movies at ASMo or also at Sports?
Anyone with recent quick trip experience know if you get the grey band when you check-in or can you choose the color of your band?
Can't wait to return to WDW but this is the quickest I've planned (or not planned) a trip!

Saw above post that 'smores are at sister resort.

Yes, the campfire/s'mores are at Sports.

Do they show the movies at ASMo or also at Sports?

Both. This month they are shown every night at Movies and select nights at Sports and Music.

Anyone with recent quick trip experience know if you get the grey band when you check-in or can you choose the color of your band?

You should be able to choose a color.

Thanks @dansdad I'm looking forward to it! Only stayed at All Stars sports, but it was about 19 years ago and during spring break. Lots of loud older kids late at night when I had little ones trying to sleep, so it wasn't a great experience. I'm hoping to get a new appreciation for the All Stars!

Do they show the movies at ASMo or also at Sports?
All-Star Movies,because of its Theme,shows a Movie EVERY night of the year.:)

All-Star Music(Music was the first Value Resort to get the Activities Program/Movies at night) and All-Star Sports had Movies every night for a long time also,but,for several years now,have been limited to 3 or 4 nights.:)

I did thank you . This section is non- Preferred .. I really want to stay in this section as I have a little hockey freak if I request ..hopefully

Do you want pictures of the outside? If you go on google images and type in “mighty ducks all star movies” you’ll get tons of results.

This section is non- Preferred .. I really want to stay in this section as I have a little hockey freak if I request ..hopefully
Mighty Ducks is a great section.

It has its "own" Pool and Laundry and is VERY close to All-Star Music making it very convenient to use the Pools/Buses/Food Court at Music in addition to those at Movies.:)

Mighty Ducks "feels" like it is part of both Resorts.

Near building is Intermission Food Court at Music.
Far building is Mighty Ducks.
47774873112_4fa7a3249a_h.jpg

Last edited:
We are only staying one night so we won’t be there long we actually fly out the day we check out so just a hotel ti crash at and explore a little that evening :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter