Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks a bunch! That's a helpful thread. My 19yo son and I are headed to ASMo for four nights in mid June. I'm very familiar with the old style value resort rooms. Just wanted to be sure the renovated rooms will provide plenty of space for two adult guys to sprawl about after doing parks from opening to closing.
We stayed in a room with 3 adults and a 9 yo at pop and fit just fine. It was tight but you’ll have lots of room with just the two of you. The Murphy bed has the same mattress as the other queen bed so you don’t have to worry about comfort.

We stayed in a room with 3 adults and a 9 yo at pop and fit just fine. It was tight but you’ll have lots of room with just the two of you. The Murphy bed has the same mattress as the other queen bed so you don’t have to worry about comfort.

We've been going to Disney often since my son and his sister were born ~20 years ago. Have stayed at almost all resorts (never tried an Epcot area resort), but this is our first time at ASMo. Looking forward to checking it out, renovated room or old style room. 30 days to go!

We've been going to Disney often since my son and his sister were born ~20 years ago. Have stayed at almost all resorts (never tried an Epcot area resort), but this is our first time at ASMo. Looking forward to checking it out, renovated room or old style room. 30 days to go!
We’ve never stayed there either but we’ve only been going for 3 years. Have a great trip!

Just back from a 4 day stay at the movies. We were on the dalmation side by Pongo on the 3rd floor. We were close to the pool, transporation and food court. We declined mousekeeping and had a $20 gift card that we used towards breakfast on our last morning. For the 2 of us it worked out fine. We didn't miss mousekeeping at all.

Just back from four nights / five days. All Stars have upped their game!

We had a renovated room in Fastasia, and loved it! Great to have a coffee pot! The wooden floors are a positive change too, no more icky carpet. And for some reason, the rooms seem bigger with this new design. We've stayed in the All Stars for years - too many times to count. We've also stayed several times at Pop, and once at Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach & Port Orleans.

We still prefer the All Stars since we basically only sleep & shower there only. Maybe a pool afternoon on arrival day.

The only somewhat negative: busses. For some reason we have always had to wait longer at ANY of the all stars vs other resorts. Still doable & wish we were waiting there right now!!!

My husband and I stayed at the All-Star Movies resort from May 30th to June 3rd. Every day of our stay, the main pool was closed due to bird poop in the pool. I am talking multiple times every day. On Sat, it was closed three times from 10:00 to noon and more in the afternoon. Each time they had to clean it and it had to be closed for a certain period of time and then tested. The life guards confirmed it was an ongoing issue, that they haven't resolved. This was very aggravating as it was in the high 90's and our plan was to be by the pool during the day. I was surprised that no one on this board had previously talked about this, during resort reviews. So just wanted to let everyone know. I have been talking to Disney trying to get an answer from Disney as to what is being done, as we have another trip planned here, but don't want to stay if this is an ongoing problem.

My husband and I stayed at the All-Star Movies resort from May 30th to June 3rd. Every day of our stay, the main pool was closed due to bird poop in the pool. I am talking multiple times every day. On Sat, it was closed three times from 10:00 to noon and more in the afternoon. Each time they had to clean it and it had to be closed for a certain period of time and then tested. The life guards confirmed it was an ongoing issue, that they haven't resolved. This was very aggravating as it was in the high 90's and our plan was to be by the pool during the day. I was surprised that no one on this board had previously talked about this, during resort reviews. So just wanted to let everyone know. I have been talking to Disney trying to get an answer from Disney as to what is being done, as we have another trip planned here, but don't want to stay if this is an ongoing problem.
We are staying one night here at the beginning of our trip in a few weeks. That seems like an odd problem, as most pools are outside. I've never heard of bird poop being the cause of a pool closure. It sounds like a "very big bird" has taken up residence at the pool, or a swarm of birds keep flying over the pool. Regardless, I hope they resolve the problem soon. We definitely plan to swim while we're there...and don't want to walk all over the All Star Resort looking for an open pool!

We definitely plan to swim while we're there...and don't want to walk all over the All Star Resort looking for an open pool!
You would still have the option of Duck Pond and Calypso is a VERY short walk over-it "sounds" like it was just the one Pool with the issue(hopefully!). :)

My very first WDW vacation, I stayed at Pop. It looks like Pop is being priced like a moderate resort now, though. If I stay at all Star Movies instead, is there a lot of difference between the two?

My very first WDW vacation, I stayed at Pop. It looks like Pop is being priced like a moderate resort now, though. If I stay at all Star Movies instead, is there a lot of difference between the two?

We have only stayed at pop and all start sports. The rooms are nicer at pop but honestly if you don't spend much time at the hotel I think anything that is in your budget is fine. We may have to go to an all start again this time too..

We have only stayed at pop and all start sports. The rooms are nicer at pop but honestly if you don't spend much time at the hotel I think anything that is in your budget is fine. We may have to go to an all start again this time too..
They’re currently renovating all of the all star movies rooms right now to be like pop’s rooms.

If there is a significant price difference, I would choose ASMo. They are renovating all of their rooms and they look pretty nice.

Pop is now priced higher because of the Gondola. I really like ASMo. The only issue is if you take a bus back to the hotel midday it shares with the other All Stars and it is the last stop. Morning and night it has its own dedicated bus so if you are at the parks all day you won’t notice a difference there. And the rooms will be almost identical when the remodel is complete which it should be long before you go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!