• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland tickets at Costco?

Are the tickets sold at So. Cal. VONS for So. Cal. residents only?

That's my understanding, apparently Disney requires photo identification with the So Cal address on it to use the ticket. There are specific zip codes that are eligible. I don't know how they actually enforce this, but it sounded pretty tight.

If they are the So Cal versions yes, I don't know if So Cal stores sell non-So Cal passes.....lol If that makes any sense. LOL

Kind of off-topic, but what if you won donated tickets at a charity auction -- how would you go about upgrading those, if it's even possible? There are some one-day hoppers up for bid at my kid's school.

Generally these do not have a value assigned. If they do then it will come up when they are scanned at the parks, unfortunately I don't think there is a way to tell beforehand. I'm not sure of course, I haven't seen the tickets, but usually donated tickets are not assigned a value.

As Kerri stated, they usually carry no value. You could get lucky if they were purchased outright.

Jack

I'm not sure of course, I haven't seen the tickets, but usually donated tickets are not assigned a value.

Thanks! The tax thing the PTA had to fill out said the pack of four one-day hoppers is valued at $420. I wonder if that translates to a "real" face value for upgrade purposes. If I win them, I'll find out :)

As assigned value for tax purposes is different from a tax value that Disney will assign. Good luck!! I hope you get lucky!! :)

Thanks! The tax thing the PTA had to fill out said the pack of four one-day hoppers is valued at $420. I wonder if that translates to a "real" face value for upgrade purposes. If I win them, I'll find out :)

I've been a PTA person who received the same type of WDW passes that you described for auction purposes: 4 single day single park passes. The value they assigned is based on a single day single park admission price. The tickets themselves are plain white with black text - no colorful backgrounds or images. They do not have a gate value as they are donated - complimentary tickets - similar to the ones they give to cast members for them to pass to their friends. So, no, I do not believe they can be upgraded. You can always stop into your school office and ask to have a look at the physical tickets before you bid and see what kind of "fine print" is on the tickets governing their use. Good luck!

I would be prepared to pay the difference I bought 3 day park hoppers thru my work discounted $702 for 3 adult and 1 kid. I upgraded to Annual Passes and they gave me credit for $780 leaving $61.00 to pay for the rest of the year total month for all 4 of us. I fully expected to pay full price and loose my discount but that was not the case. This was last month and don't know if I just got lucky or not. The CM had the manager do something in her computer for the large credit.

That's my understanding, apparently Disney requires photo identification with the So Cal address on it to use the ticket. There are specific zip codes that are eligible. I don't know how they actually enforce this, but it sounded pretty tight.

I live in So Cal(don't have a Cal Id yet) and bought 2day so cal park hoppers for my fiance' and I and they didn't ID us at the store OR at the gates! Pay either cash or debit and you'll be fine. ;)

I live in So Cal(don't have a Cal Id yet) and bought 2day so cal park hoppers for my fiance' and I and they didn't ID us at the store OR at the gates! Pay either cash or debit and you'll be fine. ;)

Why? Do you think they pop up the zip code of a credit card? Wow, that's pretty intricate if they really differentiate between how the hoppers were purchased.

I would be prepared to pay the difference I bought 3 day park hoppers thru my work discounted $702 for 3 adult and 1 kid. I upgraded to Annual Passes and they gave me credit for $780 leaving $61.00 to pay for the rest of the year total month for all 4 of us. I fully expected to pay full price and loose my discount but that was not the case. This was last month and don't know if I just got lucky or not. The CM had the manager do something in her computer for the large credit.

You got lucky! Congrats!

As did you.

And what exactly would that pricing be? If I pay for the VONS 3-day hopper at $144 what would the upgrade price be? Can anyone Confirm?

Because if the difference makes the total cost around $200-$234 a ticket... that's NOT a deal. That's regular pricing... heh! :laughing:

Anyone have and update on this for me? What the add on cost would be?

Thanks.:confused3

Heh... NEVERMIND THIS POST... I didn't flip to the next page before posting! :) LOL

Costco was selling 4-day park hopper passes with a $50 gift card last year.. (2011) and people on their comment boards were mostly out of state people buying them and 99% of them said they didn't have problems at the gate!

Maybe that's why Costco couldn't strike a deal this year! Or maybe the reason Costco doesn't have any this year is because of the GRAND Opening of the new Cars Land, and Disney wants to be greedy this year!:laughing:

Right, you lose the discount entirely. It's not a great deal, that's why we always buy our hoppers from AAA, we get free parking and pay "regular" price so when we upgrade we've paid more towards the AP.

:thumbsup2

Apparently the tickets that Vons currently has expire on June 9th !!! They don't know when to expect their updated ones in.

Also, they previously did not tell me this but their tickets have block out dates on them!! So, beware! Make sure you check exire dates and block out dates BEFORE buying!

Just FYI (you're not interested in the 2-day) my Safeway has the following PHs:

Kids (3-9)2 day $161, 3 day $183

Adults 2 day $173, 3 day $199

I'm in Northern California. Are the prices different in So Cal?

Sorry for digging out this old thread
I am in Nor Cal (San Francisco to be exact)
Any idea who to talk to in Safeway to get the Disneyland ticket at a discount?

I tried walked into a Safeway, and asked Customer Service, and the lady said they are in the gift card section....

I did go look, and the price is the same as disney online

I plan to go Aug 1 and 2, for 2 days

Thanks!

K.K.

Sorry for digging out this old thread
I am in Nor Cal (San Francisco to be exact)
Any idea who to talk to in Safeway to get the Disneyland ticket at a discount?

I tried walked into a Safeway, and asked Customer Service, and the lady said they are in the gift card section....

I did go look, and the price is the same as disney online

I plan to go Aug 1 and 2, for 2 days

Thanks!

K.K.

Part of the thing about an old thread is that some of the information can be out of date. Those prices you quoted were from before the May 20 price increase. Safeway did have some of those pre-price-increase tickets in many of their stores for weeks after the price increase but word is that they've pretty much switched all the tickets over to the current price tickets in Safeways. Discounts are very limited in availability now, so your best bet for finding any sort of discounted ticket might be to check with a travel company like getawaytoday.com or a credit union.

I know this is an old thread - but I just wanted you to know that I haven't seen any Disneyland tickets at Costco since before the price increase. I have seen SeaWorld, Universal, LegoLand, but not Disneyland lately.

And what exactly would that pricing be? If I pay for the VONS 3-day hopper at $144 what would the upgrade price be? Can anyone Confirm?

Because if the difference makes the total cost around $200-$234 a ticket... that's NOT a deal. That's regular pricing... heh! :laughing:

When you upgrade a ticket at the DLR, you will end up paying regular pricing. That is how it has always been.

Are there any discounts out there right now?
Other then the AAA ( which is not a discount) they are just adding free parking and a few other freebies..

Vons/Safeway... I called them and this is what they have:

3-Day Park Hopper: $144 for ages 3 and up.
4-Day park hopper: NONE

2-day - One park/day: $99

And the annual passes: $199, $269, $379

Sad thing is that I was looking for the 4-day park hopper :headache:

Darn Coscto... throwing my schedule off!

do you happen to remember which vons carries the tickets
thanks

do you happen to remember which vons carries the tickets
thanks

A lot of Safeway and Vons stores sell Disneyland tickets. I want to point out though that the prices you quoted are not the current prices. My Safeway is selling tickets and annual passes that match the current gate prices of DL tickets, and I suspect most if not all Safeways and Vons have updated their ticket stock with currently priced tickets. The post you quoted was for ticket prices prior to the May 20 price increase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter