• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Return Dates for Fantasmic, World of Color & New Finale to Main Street Electrical Parade

So happy for the timing of WoC returning. I’ll be back the first week of May. WoC is my favorite show from any Disney. I must have seen over a hundred times and it never gets old to me. I’ll be curious to see if it’s better than ever with the scale of refurbishment it just went through.

Ok we just changed our park reservation from Apr 8 to May 6 to hopefully catch the MSEP.

For the purposes of booking dining reservations that do not conflict, are there any good guesses as to parade times on a Friday?

Last edited:

I know answers to this question will be speculative, but that's okay! I'm going to DLR April 10-15 for Food and Wine, so clearly missing the return of all nighttime shows. My question is - based on your past experiences - will those shows all be replaced by holiday themed entertainment if I go back in December? Or would, say, MSEP still run given that the Christmas parade is during the day/early evening? I appreciate any and all insight!

I know answers to this question will be speculative, but that's okay! I'm going to DLR April 10-15 for Food and Wine, so clearly missing the return of all nighttime shows. My question is - based on your past experiences - will those shows all be replaced by holiday themed entertainment if I go back in December? Or would, say, MSEP still run given that the Christmas parade is during the day/early evening? I appreciate any and all insight!
The fireworks would be holiday fireworks. Back when PTN ran in Disneyland then still had a daytime parade which is what the holiday parade was. WOC has a holiday version that plays.

The fireworks would be holiday fireworks. Back when PTN ran in Disneyland then still had a daytime parade which is what the holiday parade was. WOC has a holiday version that plays.
Thanks! I don't mind holiday fireworks at all, but I'd really love to see MSEP.

Do you think that weekend will be super busy with all that? Now that we know WoC is coming back 4/22, I'm considering changing our tentative mid Sept plans to 4/21 - 4/25. That way we can catch Soarin Over California too, which is one of our favorites. And Dapper Day would be a sweet bonus.
It will be utter insanity. I will be there, lol. But we are prepared for massive crowds and chaos.

So the weekend of the 22nd is possibly the most awesome conjunction of events in a long time and yes it will be (to paraphrase Sallah) busy, very busy....MSEP, DF, WOC, F&W, Dapper Day....oh my...
We've all been waiting for these to return and with them coinciding with Dapper and F&W....ouch...I'm glad we had our VGC reservation booked and have realistic expectations of the crowds. See you all April 22-25th.

So the weekend of the 22nd is possibly the most awesome conjunction of events in a long time and yes it will be (to paraphrase Sallah) busy, very busy....MSEP, DF, WOC, F&W, Dapper Day....oh my...
We've all been waiting for these to return and with them coinciding with Dapper and F&W....ouch...I'm glad we had our VGC reservation booked and have realistic expectations of the crowds. See you all April 22-25th.

Don't forget that April 22nd is also Earth Day. In the past, they sometimes had special activities in Redwood Creek Challenge Trail or Bugs Land for that. Some Magic Keyholders would have already booked trips to California Adventure just for that.

I thought someone posted the Fireworks days/times here but I can't find it. Is it only on the weekends in May?
We will be there Sunday-Friday afternoon but Sunday is not a park day.

I heard about this from my mom and what she told me is that parades are fully returning and Disneyland even has a commercial advertising this and it's gonna happen as we know on April 22. But my mom didn't say if character meet and greets and other entertainment is soon coming back on April 22nd as well. But as the saying says "There's always a light at the end of the tunnel" and that saying is true for Disneyland and now with parades coming back I wonder if Disneyland's attendance will go sky high on April 22?

I got them all figured out but DF--what does that mean?

I heard about this from my mom and what she told me is that parades are fully returning and Disneyland even has a commercial advertising this and it's gonna happen as we know on April 22. But my mom didn't say if character meet and greets and other entertainment is soon coming back on April 22nd as well. But as the saying says "There's always a light at the end of the tunnel" and that saying is true for Disneyland and now with parades coming back I wonder if Disneyland's attendance will go sky high on April 22?

I think the daytime wait times may actually be OK. It's a Friday so many reservations are held by Keyholders who only want to go in to watch the fireworks after work.

It's like how most years during July 4, the wait times are actually lower than a typical weekend from morning till early afternoon but starting a couple hours before the fireworks, Main Street gets completely packed.

I'm thrilled for the return of nighttime entertainment! Honestly, I don't usually stay late because it just gets too crowded, but MSEP is one of my core memories and any time it returns I'm suckered into coming back. I considered going April 22, but it's going to be a crazy mess and I think I'm getting too old for it after experiencing Christmas at WDW a few months ago. So, we just booked a trip for my son's birthday in June, which I'm sure will be crowded enough. Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter