Disneyland Return Dates for Fantasmic, World of Color & New Finale to Main Street Electrical Parade

I don't know, but initially there were comments on both the Disneyland & Disney Parks Facebook pages.
Probably a page moderator - "patriotic" + FB comments in general surely led to a bunch of crap that needed to be deleted quickly and it's easier to scrub all of it.

After glowing away forever time and time again - they've changed a tiny bit at the end so now it's new!
But seriously it's a great parade (and I LOVE me some Baroque Hoedown) but it looks 50 years old. This does not make up for their refusal to just run Paint the Night instead but it does give me a reason to watch one more time.

I'm with you on Raya, because it doesn't seem that popular. But, Encanto is HUGE right now, so good to strike while the iron is hot.

Not a fan of Encanto (or Lin Manuel's work in general, so I'm salty about it). I feel like it's knee jerk to add this new stuff in SO quickly. Wait awhile and make sure something has legs first.

I am so excited! Our trip is early June and have been hopeful things would return in time. Now I cannot wait to start booking dining packages!

This could be the best DLR news in awhile for us and perfect timing as we arrive on April 22nd for 3 nights at the VGC (our DVC Home resort). We secured a mixology class and a wine tasting event on Sunday the 24th, now we hope for/wait for WOC dessert party!!
We just returned from the DLR yesterday and had a fantastic trip, while it was busy, we were able to accomplish everything using Genie + and ILL. We've simply factored it into the cost of the trip and moved on. We are expecting a similar experience in April, but with the added bonus of F&W and the return of real evening entertainment!

Awesome news! I'll miss Fantasmic, but I'll be there for MSEP/WOC/Fireworks :) Anyone know what the 'regular schedule' for WOC is?

One must wonder what "limited time" means. Probably wishful thinking that MSEP stays around through October.. but maybe it will? Since it seems to be staying through summer.. maybe it makes since it stays around until switching to Christmas parade? One can dream. We got mid October. OBB has been our bucket list for awhile but dang... I want to see this.

They are definitely using the same floats for the finale - you can see the flag shape running along them. Personally, I like it!

I'm glad they're doing some updates to MSEP. Not really a fan of taking out the uniquely American ending for Raya and Encanto though.
I'd rather they update the entire thing with new lighting technology.

I love all of this news...except for one thing. Main Street Electrical Parade? Really???

MSEP is soooooo dated. It was dated and worn out 20 years ago. Why do they keep bringing this yawner back time and again when they have Paint the Night ready to go? PtN is MSEP for the 21st Century. Similar music, but better. Similar floats, but wayyyy better. Similar style, but up-to-date. Time to come up to date, Disneyland.

I hope the new "grand finale" of MSEP is in addition to, rather than a replacement for the patriotic finale.
This is my fear as well. The best part of the end of MSEP is following the eagle out of the park.

Also, why change ANYTHING in it. The whole draw in its return is the nostalgia of it all, why would you alter anything about it? I don’t need Buzz in my 50 year old parade.

I'm glad they're doing some updates to MSEP. Not really a fan of taking out the uniquely American ending for Raya and Encanto though.
I'd rather they update the entire thing with new lighting technology.

They did update it with LEDs and a new sound system several years ago. It's not the same parade that was rolling through in the 70s.

I love all of this news...except for one thing. Main Street Electrical Parade? Really???

MSEP is soooooo dated. It was dated and worn out 20 years ago. Why do they keep bringing this yawner back time and again when they have Paint the Night ready to go? PtN is MSEP for the 21st Century. Similar music, but better. Similar floats, but wayyyy better. Similar style, but up-to-date. Time to come up to date, Disneyland.

PTN is great. But it honestly works better at DCA.

I wholly disagree with your assessment of MSEP. It still looks fresh, my teens loved it in 2019. They were once and done on PTN. It doesn't feel outdated at all.

Am I reading this correctly? WOC opens April 22, but Fantasmic is May 28?
Based on reading it sounded like WOC opens with the fireworks but wanted to make sure im interpreting it correctly.

This news really made my day today. Going through a bit of a rough patch with DD14 and really looking forward to our trip in June. Also happy that Fantasmic will have been back a full week before we even attempt to see it so hopefully we miss the early crush. Really hoping for a Blue Bayou dining package. I think the last one we did was when it was River Belle which wasn't as enjoyable. Wouldn't mind one for MSEP and WOC as well. Going for 4 park days and thinking we'll do MSEP, WOC, Fantasmic, and a free night for our 4 evening events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter