• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Totally a selfish problem for me, but if this rumor turns out to be true, it would be heartbreaking. After having to reschedule multiple times to find out that when DL opens, out of state visitors wouldn’t be allowed would be gut wrenching. I get the reasoning behind it if you are trying to contain spread, but no. Just no. Fingers are crossed that this rumor stays just that.

I agree, reading that rumor makes me want to cry.

If the rumor is true... From the Governors point of view I can understand the desire to have a distance requirement to keep things within a community. But from a legal point of view I think Disney and other theme parks would have a very good legal case to push against that rule. No other businesses (that I know of) are having to check where their customers are coming from. Restaurants, hotels, museums, beaches, malls, etc. throughout the state can have guests from all over the state and even guests from out of state come and visit. To single out theme parks and say because someone lives in the wrong zip code they can't purchase your product... I don't know if I see that holding up very long.

Not to mention DTD, City Walk and other places have no mileage restrictions placed on them. They have been open for a while accepting visitors from everywhere so how do you force the parks to do a 180 and only accept locals??? I know I’m comparing apples to oranges in terms of amount of people in the shopping districts compared to the parks...

If the rumor is true... From the Governors point of view I can understand the desire to have a distance requirement to keep things within a community. But from a legal point of view I think Disney and other theme parks would have a very good legal case to push against that rule. No other businesses (that I know of) are having to check where their customers are coming from. Restaurants, hotels, museums, beaches, malls, etc. throughout the state can have guests from all over the state and even guests from out of state come and visit. To single out theme parks and say because someone lives in the wrong zip code they can't purchase your product... I don't know if I see that holding up very long.

That's something I hadn't considered. Maybe this is where talks are at a standstill. Newsom wants this plan, while Disney is arguing the points your making. Legally, I don't think Newsom could restrict if there aren't restrictions for other businesses.

Maybe Newsom is planning on releasing tonight to show the public he is working with Disney, but since there haven't been any progress in negotiations he's letting the chips fall where they may after releasing guidance.

I called last night to get the rebooking discount applied to my 3rd attempt at vacation (May, September - I should be there right now!, & now November). The CM said it was supposed to be loaded for packages, but "due to magical enhancements" it wasn't loaded yet and to call back tomorrow. I called tonight and the CM had to go through guest services, but I got the discount, and kept the resort credit. Saved $1300. People with packages should call!

Something like Tokyo could be put in place (Tokyo Disney is actually run by a different company so policies are not really comparable, so this is just info.)

If you want to visit on a certain day, you have to buy a dated ticket. APs and previously purchased tickets aren’t valid yet. Dated tickets go on sale for a full month at a time (so on a certain day, all tickets became available for the following month). They have pretty much sold out every day well in advance.

If you are an AP, you can enter a lottery each month to try and get entry into the park. You can choose 5 slots (chose the date and park) and you can group with other APs so you all enter together. The first month of the AP lottery, I think everyone I follow won at least 1 date; some even won more than 1 entry. The second month, no one I know won entry (but that happened to coincide with the opening of their New Fantasyland). Most of the APs I know ended up buying individual tickets for other days so they could go back to the parks. For the current APs, their expiration dates are still being extended, so if they win the lottery it’s basically free entry.

Again, just an idea about what could end up happening.

Where would one check to see if there’s an announcement tonight?
At this rate it's still a rumor so IF there is something silently dropping tonight it will either be on the Covid.ca website where guidelines are updated and/or on twitter.

it's a rumor . it was said on the twitters-verse at 7pm tonight . . . may submit theme park guidance this evening . when has there ever been a announcement at night ~ never

Last edited:
So we have now gone to DTD 4 times since it has opened. We don’t live within 100 miles. Why can we do that but cannot go to Disneyland? It would be an odd restriction, but at this point nothing the governor does surprises me.

I also worry about all the surrounding hotels and businesses that will still struggle if people from further away cannot go to the parks. The hotel we stayed at this time said there are 140 hotels in the area and only about 40 are open right now. It’s still like a ghost town on harbor. A couple more things are open. But not much.

At this rate it's still a rumor so IF there is something silently dropping tonight it will either be on the Covid.ca website where guidelines are updated and/or on twitter.
I understand it’s just a rumor. I don’t live in CA, so I’m not familiar with where their information gets posted. And the COVID.ca website that has been mentioned a few times takes me to a Canadian website. Just thought I would ask so I can keep an eye on things from Colorado.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter